Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NFL Files Suit Against Players Union

Default NFL Files Suit Against Players Union

NFL files unfair labor practice charge against players' union

I am not sure how much of this is just a plow, or what, but the NFL, NOT THE OWNERS, but the league itself has filed suit against the players for non-negotiation.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Millionaires crying about millionaires. I want to see some football.
    They make millions on our tiny *** paycheck backs.
    Play Goal line blitz for FREE
    Kind of like a Madden sim but way more involved. Create players, develop them, own teams, build stadiums, GM teams, ect.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    There is a pretty big difference between accepting the risks of the job, as-is, and adding to it.

I have to believe that you know that.
    But you don't have a side.

While I won't defend a union as completely fair and legit, I will challenge that line of nonsense.

A union is the laborers uniting to create a demand for the product that they provide to a customer.

That is plain and simple capitalism right there. Supply and demand.

The fact is that a union. most certainly, is something more than legalized extortion.

That remark was a lie.

Is there some corruption within some unions? Yep.

But not enough to offset the vast corruption that exists from the elite owners and CEOs.

And dealing with people who excel at finding and exploiting every loop-hole will teach you to find and exploit every loop-hole.

Prior to unions, and in nations that currently allow capitalist corporations to function free of unions or government restrictions, we can easily see how the owners and CEOs will treat those who help them to create their products.

As poorly as they can.
    Players, owners, I have no side on either of those. The union is not doing the players, nor the owners, nor the fans any favors. The Union is the problem here. If the player's strike, I would bet a fair number of them will cross the picket line to play anyway, it happened in 1987.

I had a whole rant prepared with points that proved my point about unions being organized extortion. Let's just suffice to say no one here wants to read that. All I will say is that I never once said that the union was corrupt, nor did I say the players or the owners were corrupt. You can still be an extortionist without being corrupt. Everything they are doing is within the bounds of legality, morally however, everyone of the union reps should be hauled through the street naked!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Hey All -
    I'm here from the NFL Players Association, and just wanted to let everyone know that the players are doing everything they can to have an NFL season in 2011. Hopefully these talks with a federal mediator produce some positives and we can get back to what everyone deserves...some football!

Quote Originally Posted by NFLLockout View Post
    Hey All -
    I'm here from the NFL Players Association, and just wanted to let everyone know that the players are doing everything they can to have an NFL season in 2011. Hopefully these talks with a federal mediator produce some positives and we can get back to what everyone deserves...some football!
    I think that it will all get worked out in time for the season. May miss a game or two, tops.

While the owners may still make money without football, they have to realize that their investment would lose a lot of customers for the future, (see Major League Baseball) if they allow the season to be scrapped.

They might get paid for the TV rights in 2011, but the next time a deal is made for TV, they will take a major hit in what the value of The NFL is measured at.

I am confident that both sides will make the necessary compromises to have a season in 2011, without replacement players.

But my fingers are still crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by NFLLockout View Post
    Hey All -
    All I can say to both the Owners and You the Union, well why should I say it when somebody more famous than me can say what I feel, just make it sooner than to late!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtAUsVXB9OU"]YouTube - CLASSIC LARRY......GIT-R-DONE!![/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    All I can say to both the Owners and You the Union, well why should I say it when somebody more famous than me can say what I feel, just make it sooner than to late!
    There's only 7 days left until the Collective Bargaining Agreement expires, and trust me, we are working hard to reach an agreement. Everyone wants football next year, and we recognize that.

If you are interested in seeing current updates related to the NFLPA and the Lockout, I encourage you to check out our Facebook page here.

I have no clue how a fan petition will block the lockout.

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    money really is the root of all evil...

Nah, not really. I have a quote that relates, a Connie Jo original, haha:

"Money is not the root of all evil, greedy personalities are. Guns do not kill people, killer personalities kill people. It doesn't matter the tool in hand, it is the person holding the tool who is accountable for it's use."

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    No Diet Coke, no football - make Chiefster something, something.
    THIS! Only for me replace it with Diet Dr. Pepper, haha.

I find the financial risk that these owners are being credited with to be next to nothing.

I don't find losing a few million of your billion dollar pile as a risk.

I see it as a luxury.

Same as everyone points out what a luxury it is to be able to play the game for the rewards that they get.

The most notable difference? Someone has to work and make actual risks for the product to exist.

I hear it all the time "I work hard for everything I have!". Yet nobody I have ever met works as hard as a professional athlete, and the owners most certainly don't. Yet it is always the guy who is actually working for the money that gets the blame for greed.

I mean... "So if the owners give up more money to the players where do you think the owners are going to get it? That's right the fans." Here, you have the players being blamed for the owners raising prices for higher profits.

The owners have cancelled the existing contract.

The owners are demanding more work.

The owners are demanding to pay less to the players.

The owners want to put restrictions on rookie salaries.

The owners walked out on the last bargaining session, after being offered 80% of their financial demands.

The players are not demanding more pay. They have offered to take less.

Somehow, with all of the demands that the owners are making, they are going to accuse the other side, in court, of not making serious negotiations?

And yet the consensus seems to be to find a way to deflect blame from the owners onto the players that actually work for the money that we put into the game.
    From everything I have read online related to this subject, your opinion is closest to the one I too have concluded, so therefore agree with you. I'm not sure that many fans are doing research prior to forming their independent opinion. :/

Which is...?

Improved healthcare for the average player?

Are there some other demands?
    Also preserving & improving player retirement benefits...according to what I've read retired NFL players state in their own words, not hearsay or media hype.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    While you and I have been through this time and time again I just have a question If a judge would find that the NFLs claim has merit and rule in there favor would that show you that the players are a bigger part of the problem then what you thought before? I no that's a big if I am just curious to know if that would change your thoughts on this whole mess.
    Not me, I wouldn't change my opinion based upon a judges ruling at all. I have formed my opinion doing my own research indepentently of all opinions & bias'. Politics & politicians are involved in this mess behind the scenes between the players/owners/NFL. If you believe all judges are neutral, not bias towards the more powerful politically...well, I would disagree with that 100%.

Judges are politicians, & tied to politicians with self benefiting interests too, especially when it comes to a billion dollar organization/corporation such as the NFL is. We have a country already faced with huge economical problems. A lockout will do major damage to an already failed & struggling economy...to American citizens, business' both big & small in the communities with NFL stadiums. Politicians are paying close attention & involved, trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by pojote View Post
    These are my thoughts about this issue:

* The players are rich, being payed enormous amounts of money, but economically they deserved it, because none else can do what they do at their level, and pro football is a very profitable industry.

* In every sport league around the world, what most owners seeks, isn't a good profit, it's being a sport venture owner. If you take a look in EPL (English Premiere League), a lot of owners are just rich people, who don't know what to do with their money (poor rich people). How many NLF owners lives from their football incomes?

* In this particular case, the owners are the ones that opted out of current CBA, players don't want to get more money, but not less.

* Salary scale for draft is horrendous. There it is something to improve. NLF teams pays for what the players did in college, not in the league. It's nonsense.
    The majority of NFL players, boh past & current are not rich, that is a huge misconception formed as a result of media hype over the star players receiving multi million dollar contracts. These negotiations involve protecting past players also, not just current & future.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    THIS! Only for me replace it with Diet Dr. Pepper, haha...
    I'll take Diet DP in a pinch.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast