Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: NFL Files Suit Against Players Union

Default NFL Files Suit Against Players Union

NFL files unfair labor practice charge against players' union

I am not sure how much of this is just a plow, or what, but the NFL, NOT THE OWNERS, but the league itself has filed suit against the players for non-negotiation.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I have been saying all along that the players are being greedy just like the owners. I think there might be some merit to what the NFL is saying. The players voted to decertify the union at the very start of last season. That to me shows that the players just like the owners are going to do whatever they can to get what they want. I think the owners are still 75% to blame for this whole mess but this just shows the 25% of the players blame if this would hold up in court.

I sure hope this gets worked out soon. Rich owners fighting rich players is strange in the every day world, lol. Rookies do make way too much in the draft.

money really is the root of all evil...

This is good news....NOT!

At the owners last offer, pro footbal players would have by far the worst CBA for any league in the world.

Owners are the bad guys here. The players are both the product and the employees, pay them.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    At the owners last offer, pro footbal players would have by far the worst CBA for any league in the world.

Owners are the bad guys here. The players are both the product and the employees, pay them.
    In the same sense. I think the other leagues CBA is what ruins the game. Those leagues are very lop sided. Be careful with what you are asking for. It may not benefit your favorite team.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    In the same sense. I think the other leagues CBA is what ruins the game. Those leagues are very lop sided. Be careful with what you are asking for. It may not benefit your favorite team.
    example.... Kansas City Royals

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    example.... Kansas City Royals
    Yes, You starting paying players more and taking the money away form the owner paying that salary. The competitive bidding wars, start leaning towards the bigger pocket. It will become harder for the Chiefs to retain their players.

Now, if the additional money to be spent is used solely for retired benefits or structure sthe draft to decrease that first round pick saving but increased later round picks. I am okay with that, but if it is just to give the players more of the CBA pie.. The better players will get more and the average players will think they deserve the big contract and will either leave a team not willing to spend that money, or teams will have to overpay to keep them.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Yes, You starting paying players more and taking the money away form the owner paying that salary. The competitive bidding wars, start leaning towards the bigger pocket. It will become harder for the Chiefs to retain their players.

Now, if the additional money to be spent is used solely for retired benefits or structure sthe draft to decrease that first round pick saving but increased later round picks. I am okay with that, but if it is just to give the players more of the CBA pie.. The better players will get more and the average players will think they deserve the big contract and will either leave a team not willing to spend that money, or teams will have to overpay to keep them.
    agreed 100%

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast