Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Makes the NFL? Getting a Deal Done!

Default Who Makes the NFL? Getting a Deal Done!

As we set here this off-season, going through the motions we normally do such as checking up on the Chiefs, researching draft prospect to figure out who we might land in the red and gold next season, and looking up which FA's may travel to the Midwest to help out our Chiefs Nation; I can't help but notice a few things.

One is that the forum posts have slowed down…Another is that NFL news has slowed down… and lastly…There are no free agent signings (Usually begins around March 4th-5th).

This is a sad NFL off season. As we all know and have heard news of the CBA negations… At this current moment in time there will be NO NFL SEASON when September rolls around. No OTA's, No Free Agent Signings, No Training Camp in St. Joe, No Fantasy Football….No NFL Football at all.

It didn't hit me until now how CRAZY this sounds! And how crazy it is that the only thing preventing us from enjoying another season of football is greed! Millionaires vs Billionaires trying to decide how to divide up a sum of around 9 billion dollars!

In a time where the average Americans have been loosing their jobs and struggling to pay bills I find this to be very selfish and just down right wrong!

And with that said it brings me to the point of this post. I began to think about who and what makes the NFL? There are 3 main parts, You have the Players, and the Owners/Management who are both involved in the CBA negotiations and have an impact on the outcome; Then comes the 3rd part… The Fans! Now I am not suggesting that Fans should be involved in the CBA Discussions, but I do feel that we should take a stand and help to influence this getting done in a timely manner.

If you think in a business sense; We are the customers of the NFL, at the end of the day WE are the ones who pay the salaries of every single person in the negotiating room, we decide weather to buy into their product or not. WITHOUT US there is no NFL! As a HUGE fan of the NFL I can't fathom the idea of no Football next season. I've also recently learned from a source close to me, that has recently spoken with a highly regarded person involved with the NFL network that there WILL be games missed next season! And this worries me.

So this may sound like a crazy idea that will never work, but my thoughts are that with the help of the amount of free social networking mediums there are in this world today (Forums, Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, etc.) that we could really cause a stir, and sooner or later get some attention from a sports analyst somewhere that could turn this into a story that may get heard by the people in that negotiating room. (there's not much news and analysts' like to make something big out of the tinniest bit of info ex: "crygate" with the heat.)

I say that we should band together and threaten to boycott the NFL if the CBA Is not done by the Draft. We will not watch the draft, we will not attend games, we will not buy merchandise, We will not watch the remainder of the season if any games are missed. I know this will be tough, I am as big of an NFL fan as there is, but I honestly think that if we can cause enough ruckus that we may actually have the power to influence a deal getting done soon! I know we can't get everyone to do this, but We might be able to get a large amount of people to start speaking out. This forum has fans from all over the world, so it should be easy to spread the word. If we don't speak up now, what will it be like the next time this rolls around? And if anyone needs to get their Football Fix; The NCAA and UFL will still be going strong!

If this sounds crazy feel free to make fun of me all you want I won't be offended (it takes a crazy idea to impact the masses), but if anyone happens to believe that we can try and make a difference feel free to post your response on here, and any other idea's that you have that may help get this deal done! It's time for the Fan's to voice how they feel on this issue and get heard! Start Spreading the word!

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    So this may sound like a crazy idea that will never work, but my thoughts are that with the help of the amount of free social networking mediums there are in this world today (Forums, Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, etc.) that we could really cause a stir, and sooner or later get some attention from a sports analyst somewhere that could turn this into a story that may get heard by the people in that negotiating room. (there's not much news and analysts' like to make something big out of the tinniest bit of info ex: "crygate" with the heat.)
    I don't think it sounds too crazy. They were able to get Betty White to host SNL using similar methods. When large groups of customers get together for a common cause, they sometimes get heard. I don't know if it will work, but what could it hurt?

I honestly think it will hurt the NFL a great deal if they have a lengthy lockout. I remember when baseball used to be considered the nations pastime. I could be wrong, but I still don't think the MLB has regained all of the fans it lost during the lengthy strike they had in 1994-1995. Maybe it's just me but baseball seems like it's just an afterthought these days.
    Last edited by wildcat; 03-08-2011 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I don't think it sounds too crazy. They were able to get Betty White to host SNL using similar methods. When large groups of customers get together for a common cause, they sometimes get heard. I don't know if it will work, but what could it hurt?

I honestly think it will hurt the NFL a great deal if they have a lengthy lockout. I remember when baseball used to be considered the nations pastime. I could be wrong, but I still don't think the MLB has regained all of the fans it lost during the lengthy strike they had in 1994-1995. Maybe it's just me but baseball seems like it's just an afterthought these days.
    You're right, Baseball hasn't been the same since. I want to have a season next September, so I want to try and do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post

It's not to me! I still don't get excited over MLB.

I agree,We should let the nfl know how we feel.Let them know how we feel right now.Let them know that if they hold out and we miss are football.There will be hell to pay.They need to get this deal work out.Divide the 9 billion right down the middle.I don't care how they do it.Just get they deal done.Were i'm trying to go with this is.If it wasn't for are hard earned money they wouldn't have any money to be fighting over.Ticket prices and parking is getting crazy high but i'll pay it,I guess.Don't have a hold out.It will piss me off and it should to any fan watching.We are struggling to pay are bills and paying to go watch are favorite teams.Those who make way more money than any of us will probably ever make.If they have a hold out and don't respect the fans,than we need to have are own hold out.Don't go to the first few games when they do start back up.We the fans need to stand together.We need to post are concerns on every web site out there and we need to do it now.Lets not just talk about it,lets do it.

I would love to try and get some kind of boycotte list on here and see how many fans we can get to sign there names to the list and what cities they are from.We need to start something right now.Lets do this and not just talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by kckidd8870 View Post
    I would love to try and get some kind of boycotte list on here and see how many fans we can get to sign there names to the list and what cities they are from.We need to start something right now.Lets do this and not just talk about it.
    I'm for it!

I see that this thread has been read a lot but not a lot of replies... Please if people are for this let's get it going.

I'll try and post a link to this thread on a couple of different site's anyone else feel free to do the same!

I am in for sure.

I was just thinking the other day how amazing it would be to boycott the 2012 NFL season if they lockout in 2011.... give them a taste of their own medicine.

I mean it just makes me sick to my stomach that it is people who couldn't even spend the amount of money they have showing this much greed... It is a total "**** you" to the fans... who week after week line up to spend their hard earned money on overpriced beer and food all just to support a GREAT sport and keep its players and owners living in the lap of luxury...

this whole thing makes me so ill.... I mean why couldnt this have happened in 2007... why now when our young team is showing so much promise all to just sit around for a whole offseason to get out of shape and out of chemistry....

screw this

I thinks its sad that it takes football to get some to stand up to this or anykind of madness. There is so many more pressing issues that need one to stand and all we do is fail. Well I think this will do the same to me as baseball did once, I still have not watched a game since 94.

There's always College football I guess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast