Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: NFL Files Suit Against Players Union

Default NFL Files Suit Against Players Union

NFL files unfair labor practice charge against players' union

I am not sure how much of this is just a plow, or what, but the NFL, NOT THE OWNERS, but the league itself has filed suit against the players for non-negotiation.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by NFLLockout View Post
    There's only 7 days left until the Collective Bargaining Agreement expires, and trust me, we are working hard to reach an agreement. Everyone wants football next year, and we recognize that.

If you are interested in seeing current updates related to the NFLPA and the Lockout, I encourage you to check out our Facebook page here.
    The only update that I am interested in seeing, is that you all have got it done! So do IT!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    The only update that I am interested in seeing, is that you all have got it done! So do IT!
    I agree. I did hear that some progress had been made so that's good but I will be glad when this whole thing gets done so we can just talk about football. I really hope that they wrap this up by the draft so we don't have to hear about the CBA throughout the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I certainly would.

The only thing that I have heard about the players trying to gain in all of this is improved healthcare.

If there were more, then I would lean less heavily in their favor.

But, all things being equal, I do lean toward the players over the owners. No denying my bias. They are the product that I love, and they are the one's working for the industry.

We pay for what they bring. The owners are just money men.

While many soldiers, police and others may be at a higher risk in their jobs, physically, only the soldier can be compared, and only during basic training to the amount of energy that professional athletes put out.

As for the everyday physical jobs, I have done many of them myself. And no. The physical effort does not match an athlete's.

A lot of factors beyond that physical effort could be included to change my mind about what job is "harder".

And it is just my opinion, either way.

There is certainly some merit to that idea. No argument.

Logic, or none, the list of demands is awefully one-sided, as far all that I have heard.

Baseball does kind of s***.

And, while I have no doubt that players would prefer a non-capped league, I have not heard any mention of the players attempting to put that into the current negotiations.

I believe that the salary cap in The NFL is a foregone conclusion in all current talks.

If it were not, I don't think that the discussions about how to split the "total revenue" and "all revenue" would be present.

But, I don't follow every last bit to the story. So, if you have something that I have missed, I would be happy to see it.

I hope it is. I would hate football to become baseball. New york boston area teams always winning just based on the fact they can spend more then anyone else. I hate that in baseball and I would hate it in football. No salary cap would kill the NFL.

Here's another great article about TV revenues and the NFL labor dispute. Do you think the TV revenues hearing could be the key to the labor disputes?

Hey All -
    I'm here from the NFL Players Association, and just wanted to let everyone know that the players are doing everything they can to have an NFL season in 2011. Hopefully these talks with a federal mediator produce some positives and we can get back to what everyone deserves...some football!
    If you represent the players, as you claim. Then I should ban you! From what information that I have seen, the players are not willing to negotiate in fact, you were planning along to do what you have done. Go get a real world job you over paid morons. I hope the NFL starts all new with players that want to play the game and be paid fair wages. It is not my fault as a fan, that you the players, do not take care of your money. I am a fan of the Kansas City Chiefs, but I only make a small percent of what players get for income. Screw You NFLPA!

Here's another great article about TV revenues and the NFL labor dispute. Do you think the TV revenues hearing could be the key to the labor disputes?
    You have very few fans here Mr. NFLLockout, or should we change your name to MRDeCertify? You guys never came to the table willing to negotiate. Through ALL of this you never made a counter proposal, you all just sat their on your collective hands and rejected everything that was offered to you.

You should be ashamed of yourself. If you truly cared about the fans, then you would have been willing to work toward a common goal.

Your actions are seen as a vendetta, the biggest thing with going to the courts is to get the owners to open their books so you can see where the money is going. What happens if you find out that the owners really DO need additional money? Hmmm? Are you then just going to concede?

You guys have a tremendous lack of forsight which is typical with the lot of you overpaid 2 year olds. You want what you want and you want it now! Nevermind if the owners are trying to increase revenues, of which you would have gotten 50%! What a lack of thought for the future you idiots have. If revenues increase to 10 billion next year, you would end up getting more money in the end.

But what happens when the revenues drop to 8 billion or lower. Then you guys are going to be screaming how you lost money. Do you think the fans are sticking by you? I don't think so.

You guys need to get together and dump Smith and get someone in there that has an ounce of sanity, you need to swallow a little pride and get back to the table and work something out immediately.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

There are some of us who haven't given up you yet.

But don't let me do without my Chiefs this season.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    While you and I have been through this time and time again I just have a question If a judge would find that the NFLs claim has merit and rule in there favor would that show you that the players are a bigger part of the problem then what you thought before? I no that's a big if I am just curious to know if that would change your thoughts on this whole mess.
    I certainly would.

The only thing that I have heard about the players trying to gain in all of this is improved healthcare.

If there were more, then I would lean less heavily in their favor.

But, all things being equal, I do lean toward the players over the owners. No denying my bias. They are the product that I love, and they are the one's working for the industry.

We pay for what they bring. The owners are just money men.
    Funny thing about this exchange we had a month ago...

Since then, a decision was made that the owners were playing dirty, and no decision against the players. Yet you your position does not seem to have changed.

I admitted to having a bias. Others, such as Coach and Hayvern, don't hide theirs.

Anything you want to get off of your chest?

I think about everybody starts out with a bias, one way, or another, except for those who try not to get too involved, and just take a "blame both sides" approach.

I don't find any fault in having a bias. Just think maybe you have overlooked yours.

Funny thing about this exchange we had a month ago...

Since then, a decision was made that the owners were playing dirty, and no decision against the players. Yet you your position does not seem to have changed.

I admitted to having a bias. Others, such as Coach and Hayvern, don't hide theirs.

Anything you want to get off of your chest?

I think about everybody starts out with a bias, one way, or another, except for those who try not to get too involved, and just take a "blame both sides" approach.

I don't find any fault in having a bias. Just think maybe you have overlooked yours.
    Let me lay out for you what my thoughts excatly are as to where I think both sides are in the wrong.

Players
    Refuseing to talk until the demand to open the books is met. As I have stated before this is not negotiating that's makeing a demand. Excatly what they have claimed the owners are doing.

Takeing this issue to court. This WILL slow down them getting an agreement. Why because courts take a long time they have a lot of cases to hear.

Makeing there "best offer" that 50/50 offer to basicly
    where things would stay about the same. That's NOT negotiating that's playing games and trying to sway public opinion.

Telling drafties not to attend the draft. These guys have worked there butts off to get that moment just like the current players. Now when the players won't even sit and talk they are telling these guys to give up that moment.

Owners
    Opting out of the contract. While I don't see this as bad as others it did hurt the game. Theres no hideing that.

Asking for more work and less money. There is no excuse for that. And As I have stated in many many post they are greedy.

Not talking until the judge spanked them in court. It was only after that they started to give in on somethings.

Makeing a deal to gain money even in the event of a lockout. That was a move to just outlast the players not get deal done. Theres not denying that.

I don't think that's 2 pro owners or players. I have said I think it's BOTH sides. I just don't think it's fair to blast one side without blasting the other.

I think that it will all get worked out in time for the season. May miss a game or two, tops.

While the owners may still make money without football, they have to realize that their investment would lose a lot of customers for the future, (see Major League Baseball) if they allow the season to be scrapped.

They might get paid for the TV rights in 2011, but the next time a deal is made for TV, they will take a major hit in what the value of The NFL is measured at.

I am confident that both sides will make the necessary compromises to have a season in 2011, without replacement players.

But my fingers are still crossed.
    I would agree with you overall, with one exception of consideration overlooked, which is...billionaires with egos often allow their ego to drown out common business sense and/or logic. They can afford to, at least for quite a while, if not indefinitely, remain ignorant to the reality they will lose the trust, loyalty, & respect of fans in significant numbers.

I honestly don't think that either side understands the NFL fan base is a breed all it's own, not like any other fan base, including MLB. We are by far more a dedicated passionate fan base than most relating to other sports. Our dedication works both ways...for and against. I know for a fact that each day this lockout continues hundreds more NFL fans join protests & strike organizations against the NFL owners & players. They're taking long term vows not to return & support the NFL as they once did. Once the trust, respect, & loyalty of an NFL fan is lost, it won't be easy to get back, not as easy as the owners & players likely take for granted it will be.

There is one group organizing a nationwide protest against the NFL & players, the protests to be held at every stadium in America with fans demonstrating. This particular fan base group is very well organized, well spoken in statement and has now obtained national media recognition. The media of course is on the side of the fans, but for different reasons, as the media stands to lose billions in revenue if there's no NFL season, as well as potential job loss. The more publicity the anti NFL fan groups get, the more they will increase in number, spreading like a fatal disease.

My biggest concern & fear is no longer whether or not there will be an NFL season in 2011, rather that the NFL as I've come to know & love it will be destroyed beyond repair due to the lost fan base long term. Fans understandably feel taken for granted, disrespected, and betrayed by both the owners & players. I know I certainly do. Their upset, anger, resentment & bitterness intensifies & deepens more each day this lockout continues, based upon my observations reading articles, statements, & comments across the net on related sites.

The owners and players need to end this NOW, before permanent damage is done, and the NFL as I've known & loved it for an entire lifetime is destroyed. Both sides can attempt to do all the public damage control through their public relations people their blind eyes & hearts desire...it's not working with the NFL fan, not at all. Actions speak louder than words...ALWAYS.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345