Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think we all saw this coming, didn't we?

Default I think we all saw this coming, didn't we?

Chiefs Designate Tamba Hali as Franchise Player

Not sure how I feel about this. I just hope a deal gets worked out, and like... YESTERDAY!

Chiefs had no choice. Now they need to get a long term deal in place so that I don't have another orphan jersey.

I think itll be fine, Tamba cant be mad that hes guarenteed a top contract in the league at his position this year, this buys time for both sides to get a deal put together.

In the words of a highly esteemed, well spoken, intelligent, articulate spokesman with the highest of vocabulary integrity; and I quote: "Git-R-Done!"

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    In the words of a highly esteemed, well spoken, intelligent, articulate spokesman with the highest of vocabulary integrity; and I quote: "Git-R-Done!"
    Thats my sisters cousin! He is a good ole boy. Git-R-Done!
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 02-19-2011 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    ...And a real funny guy, but we digress.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    I agree, don't think Pioli want's to give out the big money until he knows what the guidelines are. I don't think Hali will be mad about this either, I think he understands what is going on right now, and knows he will get a pay increase from the tag, and will work out a long term deal when the CBA gets done. Both sides want Hali to remain a Chief for awhile as well as myself.

Injury Prone??? are you kidding me?? He played through 3 injuries a majority of the season. I don't consider that injury prone. Now if he had all of those injuries and missed a boat load of playing time then you worry... Mathew Stafford, Brodie Croyel, and Bob Sanders are Injury prone. Hali is just down right Tough!
    Just because you dont miss a game doesn't mean you are not injury prone, the man had three different injuries all in the same season and from what I have heard his shoulder injury is pretty bad. Not once did I say he was injury prone but if I was running the Chiefs and I had to choose to franchise tag Hali or give him a huge contract I would rather franchise him just to make sure his injuries this year dont affect his play next year.

Also from what I have heard Tamba Hali wants Demarcus Ware money and IMO I just dont think he should get that kind of money he hasnt prooved enough to me to get that kind of money.

Ware stats
    2005- 8 sacks 3FF
    2006-11.5 sacks 5ff
    2007-14 sacks 4ff
    2008-20 sacks 6ff
    2009-11 sacks 5ff
    2010-15.5 sacks 2ff
    Hali stats
    2006-8 sacks 3ff
    2007-7.5 sacks 2ff
    2008-3 sacks 3ff
    2009-8.5 sacks 4ff
    2010-14.5 sacks 4ff

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I was always curious if he was really the way he is, or if it was mostly an act. He has to be smart to run his business affairs, but to hear him talk?

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I'm not going to speculate whether they'll 'get r done' or not, haha. This much I not only speculate but believe strongly; for the Chiefs, or any team, to have winning seasons consecutively, their team needs to remain intact related to key players. Musical player teams may have a winning season here & there, but those teams who keep a team together as much as possible considering Free Agency...appear more consistent with consecutive winning seasons.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

~ random thought ~

I understand why Free Agency came to be, but I'm old enough to remember when many players spent most of their careers with the same team. I miss those days when a new season began I knew who would be playing for who. I don't follow all the off season trades much, & with each season beginning I'm confused as to who is playing for who, more often than not.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12