Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs visit with Shaun Rogers

Default Chiefs visit with Shaun Rogers

I saw on NFL.com that Former Lions and Browns DT Shaun Rogers visited the Chiefs facility on Tuesday.

What are everyone's thoughts on this visit?

Don't know if I like it or not... Has a few character issues in the past, but could still have a positive impact on the D. This could allow us to wait to draft a NT next year or a later round this year instead of 2nd or 3rd round.

He made the the pro-bowl last in 08' his only year with Crennel in Cleveland which may be a good thing if they meet back up.

I'm thinking if we do get him, treat it like the Shaun Smith signing and just do a 1 year to see how things play out... Character Issues vs production.

Well Crennel knows him first hand, so if he thinks he's a good fit for the team, than that's good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    I saw on NFL.com that Former Lions and Browns DT Shaun Rogers visited the Chiefs facility on Tuesday.

What are everyone's thoughts on this visit?

Don't know if I like it or not... Has a few character issues in the past, but could still have a positive impact on the D. This could allow us to wait to draft a NT next year or a later round this year instead of 2nd or 3rd round.

He made the the pro-bowl last in 08' his only year with Crennel in Cleveland which may be a good thing if they meet back up.

I'm thinking if we do get him, treat it like the Shaun Smith signing and just do a 1 year to see how things play out... Character Issues vs production.
    Does he? I hadn't heard of any. Not that I am an avid follower of his career.

The only thing I remember about him is that He had made a name for himself with The Lions, prior to moving to Cleveland.

I know I saw him a lot that last season with Detroit.

That, and he has had a couple of injuries that cost him playing time.

Beyond that, I can only look at stat-lines.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Does he? I hadn't heard of any. Not that I am an avid follower of his career.
    Mostly this: Shaun Rogers' gun was ****ed, with a bullet in the chamber, as Browns lineman planned to board a plane at Cleveland Hopkins, report says | cleveland.com

There's the "lazy" tag too. I dunno, I'm partial either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Maybe I did hear that, and just didn't bother to place him as the same guy.

would like to add him to this team. he is now going to New Orleans for a visit. so it is Washington, KC, and NO....so far. lets see who has a better sales pitch.

This would be a GREAT pickup IMO. It gives us NT depth and creates a lot of flexibility for us in the draft. This guy is a true NT that would be a week 1 starter.

No thanks
    Play Goal line blitz for FREE
    Kind of like a Madden sim but way more involved. Create players, develop them, own teams, build stadiums, GM teams, ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post

That's the issue I thought of as well.

The one thing that I think the Chiefs have over other teams (besides offering $$) is Crennel, Like I said Rogers' last pro bowl season was his only season with Crennel, who made the trade to bring him to Cleveland.

Seems like the Chiefs have a pretty good sales pitch, don't know what they say but Thomas Jones, and Ryan Lilja both commented last offseason that part of the reason they signed with us last year was because of how they saw the organization being ran, and the atmosphere withing the organization... not necessarily signed because of money. (plus Lilja grew up here)

Who knows... we will see.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast