Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: With the 21st pick in 2011 NFL Draft...

Default With the 21st pick in 2011 NFL Draft...

the Kansas City Chiefs select

A) Phil Taylor

B) Aldon Smith

C) Mike Pouncey

D) Titus Young

Who would you want? If you're not a fan of the players, which position would you rather see addressed with the 21st pick?

Personally, I like Phil Taylor. He seems like a big strong prototypical Nose Tackle that our defense needs. I also, however, like Mr. Pouncey. He's smart, strong and agile; all of which would increase with our off-season (assuming we have one). I like Taylor over Pouncey only because of the severe drop in talent after Taylor at the NT position.

So how about it? Who do we draft folks?
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I am not in favor of taking a guard or center in the 1st round.

I've not done my research on players thus year yet, so I can't comment on the names you've mentioned. I would be more comfortable with them taking one of these spots:
    WR
    OLB
    NT

Honestly, I think studebaker can play olb. I think we need depth at NT which is another reason why I hope we sign Shaun Rogers. I would love to see us turn a weakness like WR into a position of strength. Sign a free agent and use one of out first 2 picks to get another one in the stable for depth. In fact I'd be happy to see them sign a fa WR and draft 2 wr's.

In an ideal world, Pioli would fill holes at NT, WR, C in free agency so we can draft the best player on the board.
    you're probably right. But if Pouncey is anything like his brother-worth it in my opinion. How about Ryan Kalil? Have the Panthers re-signed him yet? We need the interior line shored up once again, especially if Casey retires. and everyone knows that Waters is getting there. You can have all the thouroughbreds you want, but it's the draft horse that gets the work done.

All I want out of the first round is to lock down a starting C, NT or OLB for the next 4-6 years. If that happens, I'm a happy Chiefs fan....actually I'm a happy chiefs fan all the time. BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD!
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Out of the guys that were posted I would say Aldon smith as well.

Don't think he will be there at 21.

Phil Taylor would be nice to grab, but I think if they add Rogers they won't got DT in round 1.

Not sure if Titus young will be coming off the board in round 1 last I saw he was projected as a 3rd or 4th rounder, his stock is rising but I bet if we grab him, it's in the 2nd or 3rd not the 1st.

I'm thinking Ayer's, Taylor, or an OT? (to start at RT not replace Albert). I really think we should trade back with New England and land pick 28 or 33, hopefully if we do this we can pick up another 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12