Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Per Adam Schefter

Default Per Adam Schefter

"Vikings will place franchise tag today on LB Chad Greenway. This means that neither WR Sidney Rice nor DE Ray Edwards will be tagged."

This could be very good news. Rice looks up to Fitzgerald and Fitzgerald loves haley. Maybe we bring in sidney rice!
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by toyotapower View Post
    That's a lot of dreadlocks!
    Thats okay by me! I think dreadlocks are COOL!! LOL

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by wilqb16 View Post
    I agree with that completely!

Also, if we can't get Fitzgerald AND if Rice doesn't command #1 money, I wouldn't be against signing him. Though, I am not sure that I would rather spend our #1 on a top WR.

Part of the problem is that - is it just me - of does this team having seemingly a lot of holes for a team that won its division?

Everytime I think WR, I remember that we need help on the O-line, but then when I think about getting that I remember that we really need an NT, but that then makes me remember that we could use a better pass rush and an upgrade at OLB...of course, I then remember that a better offense would help the defense and that has me thinking about a WR...
    Thats why I trust in Pioli & Haley, so my thoughts aren't riding a merry go round making me dizzy! lol I have enough trouble staying off a merry go round of thoughts related to 'life', hahaha. ;)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I really just want this team to address the WR position through free agency, whether its sidney rice, steve smith (giants) or steve breaston. I'd like that first pick of ours to be used on a NT or OLB ideally and maybe use our later picks for some WR depth.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by wilqb16 View Post
    I agree with that completely!

Also, if we can't get Fitzgerald AND if Rice doesn't command #1 money, I wouldn't be against signing him. Though, I am not sure that I would rather spend our #1 on a top WR.

Part of the problem is that - is it just me - of does this team having seemingly a lot of holes for a team that won its division?

Everytime I think WR, I remember that we need help on the O-line, but then when I think about getting that I remember that we really need an NT, but that then makes me remember that we could use a better pass rush and an upgrade at OLB...of course, I then remember that a better offense would help the defense and that has me thinking about a WR

Haha I see what you mean, but if you look on the bright side. At least this year our glaring needs can be counted on one hand (WR2, OL, NT, OLB) The past few years I think you would have needed 2 or 3 hands haha!

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    I really just want this team to address the WR position through free agency, whether its sidney rice, steve smith (giants) or steve breaston. I'd like that first pick of ours to be used on a NT or OLB ideally and maybe use our later picks for some WR depth.
    I would love any of the 3 or a trade for Fitzgerld WR is a big need for this team if they can get one through the free agent market then that means we can do more in the draft. I think that would be the best move for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post

Holy crap could you imagine having Charles, McCluster, Bowe, Moeaki, and Rice all on the field at the same time??
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotapower View Post
    That's a lot of dreadlocks!
    We would have the most 'dreaded' offense in football. I cam see the t-shirt now. I don't see this happening, but it's not out of the question. I think it likely mean that Bowe wouldn't be resigned. They would have a ton of money tied up at the WR position. I'm sure Haley would love to have a prolific passing attack though based on his past.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    "Vikings will place franchise tag today on LB Chad Greenway. This means that neither WR Sidney Rice nor DE Ray Edwards will be tagged."

This could be very good news. Rice looks up to Fitzgerald and Fitzgerald loves haley. Maybe we bring in sidney rice!
    It'd be great to have McCluster, Bowe, Fitzgerald, and Rice at WR next season!

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    It'd be great to have McCluster, Bowe, Fitzgerald, and Rice at WR next season!

Wow now that's dreaming. We couldn't afford to have all of them under contract.

Heard the Vikes are now trying to ink Rice to a long term extension (they probably tagged greenway because they thought they were closer to a deal with Rice). Which brings me back to thinking that the most realistic scenario is that we sign either Breaston or Doucett from Arizona to come in, and draft a WR in the first couple of rounds like Titus Young, Jon Baldwin, or Torrey Smith.

It's nice dreaming of Fitz and Rice coming here, but it more than likely won't happen. Unless Fitz becomes a FA next year I don't think we can muster up enough for a trade ( We've got to remember this year during the draft, Player's can't be involved in trades for draft picks until the CBA is signed, so with us talking about getting rid of our 1st rounder this year or next for Fitz, it can't happen yet.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12