Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Per Adam Schefter

Default Per Adam Schefter

"Vikings will place franchise tag today on LB Chad Greenway. This means that neither WR Sidney Rice nor DE Ray Edwards will be tagged."

This could be very good news. Rice looks up to Fitzgerald and Fitzgerald loves haley. Maybe we bring in sidney rice!
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

I agree Sidney came back from injury last season and made some huge plays.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I sure hope we go after him. Best free agent WR available. Rice in a Chiefs uniform would be killer!

Anyone think he might want more than Pioli would be willing to pay?

He's going to want WR1 money, and basically he would be a WR2 (I mean listed on the depth chart anyways.)

I think Haley would be in Heaven if we landed him. It would be like what he had in Arizona with Fitz and Boldin.

Holy crap could you imagine having Charles, McCluster, Bowe, Moeaki, and Rice all on the field at the same time?? the possibilities.... Then all we would need would be to Land a Starting RT (Draft or Matt Light in FA) and a Center in the Draft and I would like that. Our O would be much stronger than last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post

Holy crap could you imagine having Charles, McCluster, Bowe, Moeaki, and Rice all on the field at the same time??
    That's a lot of dreadlocks!

Quote Originally Posted by toyotapower View Post
    yeah I didn't think about that... An offensive drive would look like a scene from one of the Predator movies haha

Then we could hire Danny Glover and Arnold as offensive consultants haha.

I am kind of ambivilent about getting Rice. Guy has had only one really good year in 4 and only one as a starter, catching 83 passes for 1312 yards in 2009. Otherwise he only has 63 other career receptions and only started 6 games (active for 26) before 2009 and of course was injured much of last season.

I'd rather see us go full force after Fitzgerald. Particularly if Rice is going to command #1 type money, because I am not sure he will be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by toyotapower View Post
    They are called Predators!

<a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by wilqb16 View Post
    I am kind of ambivilent about getting Rice. Guy has had only one really good year in 4 and only one as a starter, catching 83 passes for 1312 yards in 2009. Otherwise he only has 63 other career receptions and only started 6 games (active for 26) before 2009 and of course was injured much of last season.

I'd rather see us go full force after Fitzgerald. Particularly if Rice is going to command #1 type money, because I am not sure he will be worth it.
    I've mentioned that on another thread before too about the 1 good year. I don't think we should go for him if he commands #1WR $$, but one thing about his first couple of years, the offense was a run first (similar to how ours is now) It was focused around AP which is why he might have had lower stats. His big year came when they moved the offense to focus around Farve because opposing Defenses were stacking the box on AP.

So he should be used to a run-first mentality, and if we do sign him, I don't think he will put up big numbers in our offense (due to the run-first, throw second mentality), so I could see fan's complaining that he were a bust, when in reality, his purposed would be to serve as a decoy so that teams couldn't stack the box on us, and remain honest because we would have legit WR's on either side of the field.

Heard Tim Hasselbeck talking about how he thought the perfect fit for Rice would be San Diego, I bet he would do good there, but I hope he doesn't land there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Heard Tim Hasselbeck talking about how he thought the perfect fit for Rice would be San Diego, I bet he would do good there, but I hope he doesn't land there.
    I agree with that completely!

Also, if we can't get Fitzgerald AND if Rice doesn't command #1 money, I wouldn't be against signing him. Though, I am not sure that I would rather spend our #1 on a top WR.

Part of the problem is that - is it just me - of does this team having seemingly a lot of holes for a team that won its division?

Everytime I think WR, I remember that we need help on the O-line, but then when I think about getting that I remember that we really need an NT, but that then makes me remember that we could use a better pass rush and an upgrade at OLB...of course, I then remember that a better offense would help the defense and that has me thinking about a WR...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast