Thread: KC Chiefs 7 round Mock Draft

Default KC Chiefs 7 round Mock Draft

Here is a link to a 7 round mock draft for the Chiefs that I thought was pretty good. What are your thoughts?

I like it a lot, was hoping we would find a good WR in the FA, leaving the fifth round pick for an ilb. This mock draft makes a lot of sense. A+

At least it addresses our needs. One of the better ones I have seen.

if we don't sign rodgers then taylor looks good but no WR in the 2nd probable wisniewski if he is still there. he was all big ten at guard and all big ten at center, we could use him for either, a WR at 3 might be randall cobb if he is there, fits the prototype of a #2/slot receiver...a dexter mccluster type of versatility. with bowe, cobb & dex and moeiki all out there would give cassel several open targets. round 4 gotta get dontay moch OLB nevada. runs a sub 4.4/ 40yd. a speed demon pass rusher for the other side of Hali. round 5 super steal [if he is there] pat devlin QB delaware=broke all of flaccos records and had his team leading in the championship but the D let them down. second pick of round 5 robert sands S , NC to compliment Berry, round 7 may take a flyer on ricardo lockette WR fort valley state and was national 100 meter champion...will obviously stretch the field or uga chinassa DE, OK State big and fast, may need to add some weight as a DE in a 3-4.

I knew about the 5a and 5b and how we switched with the Lions due to tampering but I thought we got another conditional pick that would have been a 6th or something like that? Or did the conditional pick not pan out and we just didn't get a pick?

Also I don't like McElroy as our QB pick, he has the same look as Broken Croyle. McElroy was good because he had all the pieces around him to make him look good. When you don't have a superstar offense around you that I could step into and run efficiently he'd look just as good as me. I'd love to be proved wrong but I just don't like that QB pick. Other than that bring it on! Also I love that this seems to be from Arrowhead...??? If so it's a pretty strong statement saying that Croyle was horrible and needs to be replaced!
    Last edited by OPLookn; 02-23-2011 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    I knew about the 5a and 5b and how we switched with the Lions due to tampering but I thought we got another conditional pick that would have been a 6th or something like that? Or did the conditional pick not pan out and we just didn't get a pick?

Also I don't like McElroy as our QB pick, he has the same look as Broken Croyle. McElroy was good because he had all the pieces around him to make him look good. When you don't have a superstar offense around you that I could step into and run efficiently he'd look just as good as me. I'd love to be proved wrong but I just don't like that QB pick. Other than that bring it on! Also I love that this seems to be from Arrowhead...??? If so it's a pretty strong statement saying that Croyle was horrible and needs to be replaced!

I haven't saw a lot of film on him to argue this point, what I have seen of him he played well. To give a few reasons why I think you might see the Chiefs take a flyer on him in the 5th round: 3 years starting experience, was a Captain/ Leadership, Played in the SEC, and has won a National Championship. The other thing I heard about him is that he is extremely high character, and very smart (he reminds me of Matt Cassell, I don't think Cassell is a superstar but he fits what we try and do as a team.)

I heard an interview on EPSN Radio the day of the BSC National Championship with McElroy, and you couldn't tell this kid was a college student, the way he was breaking down defenses, and the way he carried himself in the interview, he just seemed like a guy that the Chiefs go for (High character, hard worker, smart, and loves football)

I'm not saying I want them to draft him, but I am saying I won't be surprised if they take him in the 5th round, I know Haley will want to Develop a QB behind Cassell, and a 5th rounder wont scream "We're worried your not working out!" We just need a reliable backup, and I think he may be able to do that.

Another prospect I could see us taking would be Ricky Stanzi from Iowa because of Pioli's relationship with Coach Ferentz.

I really liked this mock, but I bet it goes down nothing like this...one thing Pioli has not been is predictable - especially not during his tenure as Chiefs GM...

I really like McElroy, if he goes in the 5th round, he is a winner and smart - two things you can't coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    I haven't saw a lot of film on him to argue this point, what I have seen of him he played well. To give a few reasons why I think you might see the Chiefs take a flyer on him in the 5th round: 3 years starting experience, was a Captain/ Leadership, Played in the SEC, and has won a National Championship. The other thing I heard about him is that he is extremely high character, and very smart (he reminds me of Matt Cassell, I don't think Cassell is a superstar but he fits what we try and do as a team.)

I heard an interview on EPSN Radio the day of the BSC National Championship with McElroy, and you couldn't tell this kid was a college student, the way he was breaking down defenses, and the way he carried himself in the interview, he just seemed like a guy that the Chiefs go for (High character, hard worker, smart, and loves football)

I'm not saying I want them to draft him, but I am saying I won't be surprised if they take him in the 5th round, I know Haley will want to Develop a QB behind Cassell, and a 5th rounder wont scream "We're worried your not working out!" We just need a reliable backup, and I think he may be able to do that.

Another prospect I could see us taking would be Ricky Stanzi from Iowa because of Pioli's relationship with Coach Ferentz.
    To add to this, heard on ESPN Radio this morning that there was one player who had the highest score ever on a Wonderlic Test at the combine this year, they didn't say who it was, The first guy that popped into my head was McElroy. About 2 hours later they came out and said that player was McElroy and he scored 48 out of 50 possible.

Again I'm not saying we need or I want us to draft him, but the bottom line is the kid is extremely smart and he loves football (which Pioli drools over), so again I wont be surprised to see him on the sidelines in the Red and Gold with a clip board and head set next season.

I like the idea of taking a guy McElroy as a backup. O don't need my backup to be able to throw lasers downfield. I just need him to be able to come into the game make smart decisions in a pinch. The only thing that scares me is that he's from the school as Croyle. Superstitious I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I like the idea of taking a guy McElroy as a backup. O don't need my backup to be able to throw lasers downfield. I just need him to be able to come into the game make smart decisions in a pinch. The only thing that scares me is that he's from the school as Croyle. Superstitious I guess.
    Haha I know!

Well at least we know Croyle didn't win a National Championsip, or score 48 of 50 on the Wonderlic. McElory makes Coryle look like Bucwheat with how smart he is.

as said before I don't care either way but wouldnlt mind the smarts on our team.