Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: I think we all saw this coming, didn't we?

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,582
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default I think we all saw this coming, didn't we?


    0 Not allowed!
    Chiefs Designate Tamba Hali as Franchise Player


    Not sure how I feel about this. I just hope a deal gets worked out, and like... YESTERDAY!

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    1,195
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I don't think its going to be a problem and he will remain with the Chiefs.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

    Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Location
    hollywood
    Posts
    404
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    If he doesn't remain with the team, we'll get two first round picks for him. I'd be fine with that, although I prefer to keep him.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,857
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 420
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I think they are waiting till the new CBA gets done before they sign guys. They don't no what the salary cap is going to be so it's hard to give a guy a new deal right now. I think that they will get him signed up when that is done.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    889
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    IMO the reason why they are franchise tagging Hali is because they want to make sure he is not injury prone and that all his injuries from this year doesn't affect him next year.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,959
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    They'll get a long term deal done eventually. It may or may not be this year, but Tamba will make a pretty penny regardless. With no CBA in place though, nothing is going to happen.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    794
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I think they are waiting till the new CBA gets done before they sign guys. They don't no what the salary cap is going to be so it's hard to give a guy a new deal right now. I think that they will get him signed up when that is done.
    I agree, don't think Pioli want's to give out the big money until he knows what the guidelines are. I don't think Hali will be mad about this either, I think he understands what is going on right now, and knows he will get a pay increase from the tag, and will work out a long term deal when the CBA gets done. Both sides want Hali to remain a Chief for awhile as well as myself.

    Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    IMO the reason why they are franchise tagging Hali is because they want to make sure he is not injury prone and that all his injuries from this year doesn't affect him next year.
    Injury Prone??? are you kidding me?? He played through 3 injuries a majority of the season. I don't consider that injury prone. Now if he had all of those injuries and missed a boat load of playing time then you worry... Mathew Stafford, Brodie Croyel, and Bob Sanders are Injury prone. Hali is just down right Tough!

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,857
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 420
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    I agree, don't think Pioli want's to give out the big money until he knows what the guidelines are. I don't think Hali will be mad about this either, I think he understands what is going on right now, and knows he will get a pay increase from the tag, and will work out a long term deal when the CBA gets done. Both sides want Hali to remain a Chief for awhile as well as myself.
    Yeah I don't see Hali being upset about it either. The Salary cap could be larger then what it would have been this year before the new CBA so he might be able to get a little more. Both the players and the teams want to wait just to see what they are dealing with before they really work out a deal. Even the colts waited with Peyton Manning. It's just how this years shapeing up.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Location
    El Paso,TX
    Posts
    545
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    HALI is going to be a Chief for life......i hope!

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kansas City Missouri
    Posts
    3,814
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    It just gives them more time to get him a killer long term contract.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Fitzgerald is not coming to KC
    By figcrostic in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 12-27-2010, 06:40 PM
  2. Coming to Draft Day !
    By YZILLA in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-28-2008, 08:52 PM
  3. Didn't see this coming!
    By hermhater in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-09-2007, 12:03 AM
  4. When is LJ coming back?
    By sling58 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-06-2007, 05:10 PM
  5. The Rookie Is Coming!
    By kenny1937 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-28-2006, 09:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •