Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think we all saw this coming, didn't we?

Default I think we all saw this coming, didn't we?

Chiefs Designate Tamba Hali as Franchise Player

Not sure how I feel about this. I just hope a deal gets worked out, and like... YESTERDAY!

I don't think its going to be a problem and he will remain with the Chiefs.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

If he doesn't remain with the team, we'll get two first round picks for him. I'd be fine with that, although I prefer to keep him.

I think they are waiting till the new CBA gets done before they sign guys. They don't no what the salary cap is going to be so it's hard to give a guy a new deal right now. I think that they will get him signed up when that is done.

IMO the reason why they are franchise tagging Hali is because they want to make sure he is not injury prone and that all his injuries from this year doesn't affect him next year.

They'll get a long term deal done eventually. It may or may not be this year, but Tamba will make a pretty penny regardless. With no CBA in place though, nothing is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I think they are waiting till the new CBA gets done before they sign guys. They don't no what the salary cap is going to be so it's hard to give a guy a new deal right now. I think that they will get him signed up when that is done.
    I agree, don't think Pioli want's to give out the big money until he knows what the guidelines are. I don't think Hali will be mad about this either, I think he understands what is going on right now, and knows he will get a pay increase from the tag, and will work out a long term deal when the CBA gets done. Both sides want Hali to remain a Chief for awhile as well as myself.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    IMO the reason why they are franchise tagging Hali is because they want to make sure he is not injury prone and that all his injuries from this year doesn't affect him next year.
    Injury Prone??? are you kidding me?? He played through 3 injuries a majority of the season. I don't consider that injury prone. Now if he had all of those injuries and missed a boat load of playing time then you worry... Mathew Stafford, Brodie Croyel, and Bob Sanders are Injury prone. Hali is just down right Tough!

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    I agree, don't think Pioli want's to give out the big money until he knows what the guidelines are. I don't think Hali will be mad about this either, I think he understands what is going on right now, and knows he will get a pay increase from the tag, and will work out a long term deal when the CBA gets done. Both sides want Hali to remain a Chief for awhile as well as myself.
    Yeah I don't see Hali being upset about it either. The Salary cap could be larger then what it would have been this year before the new CBA so he might be able to get a little more. Both the players and the teams want to wait just to see what they are dealing with before they really work out a deal. Even the colts waited with Peyton Manning. It's just how this years shapeing up.

HALI is going to be a Chief for life......i hope!

It just gives them more time to get him a killer long term contract.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast