Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bailey back to Broncos, not an option for KC

Default Bailey back to Broncos, not an option for KC

Read today on NFL.com that Champ Bailey has signed a 4 year extension with Denver, So it looks like he won't be an option to help out with depth at our safety position.

saw that coming.

He is actually a Corner...Who cares anyways, hes old. Hes going to start losing his steps this year...he probably will be get injuried and retire this year.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    He is actually a Corner...Who cares anyways, hes old. Hes going to start losing his steps this year...he probably will be get injuried and retire this year.
    I like your thinking!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post

I know he is a corner. There were talks before he re-signed with denver he was quoted to have said he wouldn't mind making a switch to safety to help prolong his career.

In a few other threads, there were some discussions about if he were to want to switch to safety, it might not be a bad signing to grab him and have him rotate with Lewis at FS rather than McGraw. That's why I posted the thread about him re-signing with the Broncos. That scenario is no longer available.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    I know he is a corner. There were talks before he re-signed with denver he was quoted to have said he wouldn't mind making a switch to safety to help prolong his career.

In a few other threads, there were some discussions about if he were to want to switch to safety, it might not be a bad signing to grab him and have him rotate with Lewis at FS rather than McGraw. That's why I posted the thread about him re-signing with the Broncos. That scenario is no longer available.
    If we had Bailey I just see us taking reps away from our young guys and I don't want to see that happen and I know Bailey wont sign with a team just to be a back up. If Lewis can stay healthy this year I don't think you will the back up FS too much next year. I don't want to say it will be McGraw backing up Lewis just because I don't see the Chiefs keeping McGraw next year.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    If we had Bailey I just see us taking reps away from our young guys and I don't want to see that happen and I know Bailey wont sign with a team just to be a back up. If Lewis can stay healthy this year I don't think you will the back up FS too much next year. I don't want to say it will be McGraw backing up Lewis just because I don't see the Chiefs keeping McGraw next year.
    Seriously?

First off. Of course Bailey won't sign anywhere to be a backup...this post is about how he just Re-signed with the Broncos

Second. I don't dislike any of our safeties, I love both Berry and Lewis and think they will and already have helped strengthen our secondary for years to come, and was not insinuating I want anyone to come in a take time away from our young guys. The reality is that we do need DEPTH at safety and I agree McGraw will more than likely not be here, and I have not problem with that I think we can amd will land an upgrade.

The idea that Bailey could have came here would have been to mentor the young secondary, while adding depth. I wouldn't have argued with Bailey starting at FS for two seasons while Lewis rotated in with him and learned.

All in all, this thread was simply to inform the people who had discussed the idea of him coming here, that he was no longer available and resigned with Denver.

Seriously?

First off. Of course Bailey won't sign anywhere to be a backup...this post is about how he just Re-signed with the Broncos

Second. I don't dislike any of our safeties, I love both Berry and Lewis and think they will and already have helped strengthen our secondary for years to come, and was not insinuating I want anyone to come in a take time away from our young guys. The reality is that we do need DEPTH at safety and I agree McGraw will more than likely not be here, and I have not problem with that I think we can amd will land an upgrade.

The idea that Bailey could have came here would have been to mentor the young secondary, while adding depth. I wouldn't have argued with Bailey starting at FS for two seasons while Lewis rotated in with him and learned.

All in all, this thread was simply to inform the people who had discussed the idea of him coming here, that he was no longer available and resigned with Denver.
    Seriously? I understand what the thread is about and I was just simply stating my opinion of why I wouldn't want Bailey. Two Bailey would want too much money just to be a mentor for our secondary, but you are right we do need depth and I just not sure how the Chiefs are going to approach getting more depth at the safety position

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    Seriously? I understand what the thread is about and I was just simply stating my opinion of why I wouldn't want Bailey. Two Bailey would want too much money just to be a mentor for our secondary, but you are right we do need depth and I just not sure how the Chiefs are going to approach getting more depth at the safety position
    Sorry I apologize.

I thought you were trying to argue with me like I was saying we should sign him when I was simply trying to inform people of the news. haha

As far as safety depth, possibly Ahmad Black Saftey from Florida in the 3rd or 4th rounds?? I like him. Don't know how strong the FA pool is haven't looked at that position yet.

Sorry I apologize.

I thought you were trying to argue with me like I was saying we should sign him when I was simply trying to inform people of the news. haha

As far as safety depth, possibly Ahmad Black Saftey from Florida in the 3rd or 4th rounds?? I like him. Don't know how strong the FA pool is haven't looked at that position yet.
    haha its all good I have been worried about WR and a rushing LB I really haven't looked at the saftey position

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast