Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Walterfootball mock for 2/23

Default Walterfootball mock for 2/23

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2011.php

If he had given me an OC in the 4th rd I'd be happy with this five rd mock.

My notes (not sure whether you care or not!):

I really really like Phil Taylor. I hope we get him with our 21st pick. I have a feeling that he's going to be a top 15 pick on draft day, though, similar to Tyson Alualu last year. I hope I'm wrong, but teams like to take a chance on big, strong lineman. But he's my number 1 prospect for our 21st pick....unless julio jones somehow manages to fall to us!

2nd round, would rather see us invest in a top center.
    3rd round, I like picking a wr in this round.
    4th round, I'm really high on Kendal Hunter from Ok st. or could see us taking a pass rusher like sheard.
    5th round, I like the tackle selection. I think Richardson is going to be a good tackle, but we are in dire need of depth. I like picking a qb in this round too, but I think mcelroy from Bama would be a better selection.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    My notes (not sure whether you care or not!):

I really really like Phil Taylor. I hope we get him with our 21st pick. I have a feeling that he's going to be a top 15 pick on draft day, though, similar to Tyson Alualu last year. I hope I'm wrong, but teams like to take a chance on big, strong lineman. But he's my number 1 prospect for our 21st pick....unless julio jones somehow manages to fall to us!

2nd round, would rather see us invest in a top center.
    3rd round, I like picking a wr in this round.
    4th round, I'm really high on Kendal Hunter from Ok st. or could see us taking a pass rusher like sheard.
    5th round, I like the tackle selection. I think Richardson is going to be a good tackle, but we are in dire need of depth. I like picking a qb in this round too, but I think mcelroy from Bama would be a better selection.

I do think we need a NT, But i just read that this is a really strong Dline class, and maybe we could possibly grab Peae in the 2nd or Powe in the 3rd, and Go Ayers in the 1st? or Julio Jones if he falls to us (I would love that, I'm almost positive we grabbed another WR by the name of D-Bowe at pick 21)

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    I do think we need a NT, But i just read that this is a really strong Dline class, and maybe we could possibly grab Peae in the 2nd or Powe in the 3rd, and Go Ayers in the 1st? or Julio Jones if he falls to us (I would love that, I'm almost positive we grabbed another WR by the name of D-Bowe at pick 21)
    It is a strong Dl class, but not for NT's. There is only three true NT's, big strong, 330 LB plus guys.
    Taylor is probably the only one who can come in and start right away.
    Powe's strength is in his upper body, spends to much time on the ground.
    Kendreick Ellis will probaby come off the board before Powe, he seems to be the better player. He was dismissed from Sout Carolina for Marijuana use before transfering to Hampton.

You had me at walterfootball.

Thomas Jones wasn't very effective for us in 2010?

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Thomas Jones wasn't very effective for us in 2010?

Really?
    Not as much in the 2nd half of the season. 500+ yds in the first 8 games, only 300 or so in the next 8 despite a decrease of only 3 or so carries a game.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Thomas Jones contributed to this team on and off the field. He had 896 yards running between the tackles, while splitting carries.

I can live with that.

I'm not stating that Thomas Jones wasn't valuable, but his running was definitely much less effective as the season wore on. Some of this might be attributed to him carrying 10 extra pounds or so, which is why Haley mentioned he wants jones to get down to 208 or 209 for next season.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

In my opinion I think Thomas has done a lot for Jamaal Charles. I don't care if he only rushed 500 yards all year he is the set up guy not the go to guy. As good as Jamaal Charles made the offensive line look they still wernt all that good and if we didn't have Jamaal as our running back I don't think there could have been another running back that would of been able to get 800 yards rushing like Thomas Jones while sharing carries with another running back and only running to get the tough yards.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast