Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: stephen paea

Default stephen paea

Regardless of his injury, this guy is a beast. At the bench press portion of the combine he just put it up 49 times. That's the most in over ten years. he would look good in red and gold

Kansas City Chiefs

Record: 10-6

Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State
    Among personnel people, I find a wide range of opinion on Paea. Some think he's an anchor on the defensive line, a force that could go much higher. Others see some inconsistency and believe he could fall to the second round. He'll be a guy to watch during the draft process. Still, what he can do is immediately strengthen a rush defense. He occupies blocks with great leverage and big-time strength. Paea will do a number on the bench-press. Not a great penetrator but he frees up tacklers and fits this system.

Sorry.
    This is from ESPN over a month ago. Note that....FALL to the second round. Not sneak into it.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    Paea would be a great replacement for jackson but he is not a NT in a 3-4. if he slides to us in round 2 he would be a steal if not we have more important needs for the 1st round. i don't think he will even be there for us at #23 but we need a true NT, a solid LT, a better RT, a staring C, a OLB, a #2 WR, a DE and a backup QB, not to mention adding a S, FB, RB, and more depth everywhere
    We are picking at #21.

Just watched some more tape on him last night (from the Oregon St. game). I'm impressed with his ability to get off the ball. He can definitely beat college guards and centers with his speed. Playing NT though I think would be tough for him. There were several times where he got knocked backwards at the point of attack by a single blocker, and the few times I saw him double teamed he could not hold his ground at all. Just my take, seems like a reach as a first round NT though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    We are picking at #21.

my bad!! but wasn't my point

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    my bad!! but wasn't my point
    I know, Sorry I wasn't trying to sound like an A**. Just wanted to let you know in case you really thought we were picking at #23.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234