Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tyson jackson

Default tyson jackson

i think its time for him to show why hes payed or drop himi didnt like the pick and wonder why he gets paid so much to sit on the bench we need him to play like seymoure i still love glen dorsey yes we need a nt and if jackson cant pick it up then our line is weak

Quote Originally Posted by Xanathol View Post
    Seymour is a 4-3 DE. Jackson is in a 3-4. 3-4 DEs are about occupying blockers, then tackles - stats really are icing more than the meat of their production. If you expect Seymour numbers out of a 3-4 DE, you need to reassess your expectations.
    you put icing on your meat?!?! I like your style!

Quote Originally Posted by Xanathol View Post
    Seymour is a 4-3 DE. Jackson is in a 3-4. 3-4 DEs are about occupying blockers, then tackles - stats really are icing more than the meat of their production. If you expect Seymour numbers out of a 3-4 DE, you need to reassess your expectations.
    Uh...Richard Seymour was a 3-4 defensive end his entire NFL career until landing in Oakland.

Tyson Jackson isn't in the mold of a Richard Seymour. Pioli specifically addressed this, as Seymour was the poster child for the New England "draft your front 3 first" mentality.

Pioli compared him more to Russell Maryland, not Seymour. Not a penetrating DE who makes flashy plays.

Seymour still got numerous sacks from the 5 technique in New England.

Personally, I think Tyson Jackson is going to do really, really well this year. Call me crazy, but I honestly believe we're coming out of next season completely confident in our defensive ends.

Nose tackle remains a question mark...
    Last edited by SAPHOJUNKIE; 03-02-2011 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    Uh...Richard Seymour was a 3-4 defensive end his entire NFL career until landing in Oakland.
    Not true. NE ran a 4-3 his first couple of seasons where he played DT, then NE switched to a hybrid type of 3-4, where the D-line still played a penetrating style, not 2-gap technique a traditional 3-4 plays ( like KC and what Tyson & Dorsey are being asked to do ).

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    you put icing on your meat?!?! I like your style!
    That's just how I roll!

This is his third year and I believe Crennel will bring the best out of him. Besides I can have to believe we will address the NT and LOLB situations and if that happens it will greatly help his cause.

On that note I think Studebaker and Gilberry will be big contributors this year....

Us NFL fans are too quick to judge.

Let's give him a year. Even in a regular career (not in the NFL) it takes about 3 years to get to the top of your game.

I mean yeah year 1 your eager to learn, year 2 you think you know a lot, but find out there is more to learn, and year 3 your pretty comfortable and begin to really excel at what you do.

I think he will be Fine, Everyone was aiming at DJ's head two seasons ago and look at what he did this year... Same with Tamba, He really wasn't a dominant player we wanted him to be until this year. We need to give our young guys time, we are a young team, and when everyone develops (within the next year or so, we should be pretty dang good)

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Us NFL fans are too quick to judge.

Let's give him a year. Even in a regular career (not in the NFL) it takes about 3 years to get to the top of your game.

I mean yeah year 1 your eager to learn, year 2 you think you know a lot, but find out there is more to learn, and year 3 your pretty comfortable and begin to really excel at what you do.

I think he will be Fine, Everyone was aiming at DJ's head two seasons ago and look at what he did this year... Same with Tamba, He really wasn't a dominant player we wanted him to be until this year. We need to give our young guys time, we are a young team, and when everyone develops (within the next year or so, we should be pretty dang good)

I agree with this- there were numerous posts calling to get rid of DJ, Dorsey, Hali, and many others over time.

Let's see how his third season goes before we scrap heap the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    I agree with this- there were numerous posts calling to get rid of DJ, Dorsey, Hali, and many others over time.

Let's see how his third season goes before we scrap heap the guy.
    Seriously it's true. NFL fans have this idea that just because someone is a 1st round pick they should be producing at an all-pro level within a year, when in reality, it takes a few years.

Some positions get highlighted more than others so it sounds like they are producing better than other picks (QB's, RB's, WR's)

Look at Clay Mathews. He was OK his first year or two, and he blew up this season. Guess what year it was for him? 3rd. Dwayne Bowe was the same for us, Chiefs fans hated him his first few seasons, now we can't stop bragging about how he led the AFC in TD Rec.'s. Jamaal Charles wasn't criticized because he was a 3rd rounder, but he didn't do jack until last year (His 3rd season). I've heard criticism of Berry as well, and he played well for a rookie, I'm thinking that after a few seasons he will be among the talks of Reed and Polamalu.

I just ask that we be realistic and reasonable when criticizing our 1st round picks. Lets give-em time...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12