Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: tyson jackson

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Neosho, Mo.
    Posts
    208
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default tyson jackson


    0 Not allowed!
    i think its time for him to show why hes payed or drop himi didnt like the pick and wonder why he gets paid so much to sit on the bench we need him to play like seymoure i still love glen dorsey yes we need a nt and if jackson cant pick it up then our line is weak

  2. #11
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    415
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 2

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanathol View Post
    Seymour is a 4-3 DE. Jackson is in a 3-4. 3-4 DEs are about occupying blockers, then tackles - stats really are icing more than the meat of their production. If you expect Seymour numbers out of a 3-4 DE, you need to reassess your expectations.
    you put icing on your meat?!?! I like your style!
    GO CHIEFS!!!

  3. #12
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Location
    hollywood
    Posts
    404
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanathol View Post
    Seymour is a 4-3 DE. Jackson is in a 3-4. 3-4 DEs are about occupying blockers, then tackles - stats really are icing more than the meat of their production. If you expect Seymour numbers out of a 3-4 DE, you need to reassess your expectations.
    Uh...Richard Seymour was a 3-4 defensive end his entire NFL career until landing in Oakland.

    Tyson Jackson isn't in the mold of a Richard Seymour. Pioli specifically addressed this, as Seymour was the poster child for the New England "draft your front 3 first" mentality.

    Pioli compared him more to Russell Maryland, not Seymour. Not a penetrating DE who makes flashy plays.

    Seymour still got numerous sacks from the 5 technique in New England.

    Personally, I think Tyson Jackson is going to do really, really well this year. Call me crazy, but I honestly believe we're coming out of next season completely confident in our defensive ends.

    Nose tackle remains a question mark...
    Last edited by SAPHOJUNKIE; 03-02-2011 at 06:15 PM.

  4. #13
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    Uh...Richard Seymour was a 3-4 defensive end his entire NFL career until landing in Oakland.
    Not true. NE ran a 4-3 his first couple of seasons where he played DT, then NE switched to a hybrid type of 3-4, where the D-line still played a penetrating style, not 2-gap technique a traditional 3-4 plays ( like KC and what Tyson & Dorsey are being asked to do ).

    Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    you put icing on your meat?!?! I like your style!
    That's just how I roll!

  5. #14
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    415
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 2

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    This is his third year and I believe Crennel will bring the best out of him. Besides I can have to believe we will address the NT and LOLB situations and if that happens it will greatly help his cause.

    On that note I think Studebaker and Gilberry will be big contributors this year....
    GO CHIEFS!!!

  6. #15
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    794
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Us NFL fans are too quick to judge.

    Let's give him a year. Even in a regular career (not in the NFL) it takes about 3 years to get to the top of your game.

    I mean yeah year 1 your eager to learn, year 2 you think you know a lot, but find out there is more to learn, and year 3 your pretty comfortable and begin to really excel at what you do.

    I think he will be Fine, Everyone was aiming at DJ's head two seasons ago and look at what he did this year... Same with Tamba, He really wasn't a dominant player we wanted him to be until this year. We need to give our young guys time, we are a young team, and when everyone develops (within the next year or so, we should be pretty dang good)

  7. #16
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,582
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Us NFL fans are too quick to judge.

    Let's give him a year. Even in a regular career (not in the NFL) it takes about 3 years to get to the top of your game.

    I mean yeah year 1 your eager to learn, year 2 you think you know a lot, but find out there is more to learn, and year 3 your pretty comfortable and begin to really excel at what you do.

    I think he will be Fine, Everyone was aiming at DJ's head two seasons ago and look at what he did this year... Same with Tamba, He really wasn't a dominant player we wanted him to be until this year. We need to give our young guys time, we are a young team, and when everyone develops (within the next year or so, we should be pretty dang good)

    I agree with this- there were numerous posts calling to get rid of DJ, Dorsey, Hali, and many others over time.

    Let's see how his third season goes before we scrap heap the guy.

  8. #17
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    794
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    I agree with this- there were numerous posts calling to get rid of DJ, Dorsey, Hali, and many others over time.

    Let's see how his third season goes before we scrap heap the guy.
    Seriously it's true. NFL fans have this idea that just because someone is a 1st round pick they should be producing at an all-pro level within a year, when in reality, it takes a few years.

    Some positions get highlighted more than others so it sounds like they are producing better than other picks (QB's, RB's, WR's)

    Look at Clay Mathews. He was OK his first year or two, and he blew up this season. Guess what year it was for him? 3rd. Dwayne Bowe was the same for us, Chiefs fans hated him his first few seasons, now we can't stop bragging about how he led the AFC in TD Rec.'s. Jamaal Charles wasn't criticized because he was a 3rd rounder, but he didn't do jack until last year (His 3rd season). I've heard criticism of Berry as well, and he played well for a rookie, I'm thinking that after a few seasons he will be among the talks of Reed and Polamalu.

    I just ask that we be realistic and reasonable when criticizing our 1st round picks. Lets give-em time...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Status of Tyson Jackson
    By Fastphilly in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-17-2010, 10:15 PM
  2. Tyson Jackson
    By Vanilla Garilla in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 12:07 PM
  3. Tyson Jackson hmm?
    By honda522 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-27-2009, 02:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •