Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: stephen paea

Default stephen paea

Regardless of his injury, this guy is a beast. At the bench press portion of the combine he just put it up 49 times. That's the most in over ten years. he would look good in red and gold

I actually changed my mock to Paea to KC after that. I think an OT would be a better grab, but after that showing and given Hali is 2 for 2 taking a defensive player in the first, I changed who I think the Chiefs pick.

His stock has dropped, but he is still a beast. depending on where we fill other needs, we may be able to land him in the 2nd round.

That would be nice to beable to pick him up in the 2nd round

he won't last until the second round, I worry.

If we want him, we probably have to take him in the first, which I would be more than happy with us doing.

This kid is a perfect Pioli player - natural strength, loves to play, loves to practice, high character.

If Tyson Jackson comes into his own this year (like I am convinced he is about to), then having Paea in the middle would go a long way towards winning some more division championships.

Quote Originally Posted by toyotapower View Post
    Regardless of his injury, this guy is a beast. At the bench press portion of the combine he just put it up 49 times. That's the most in over ten years. he would look good in red and gold
    so what position would he play. I am guessing either a DE or OLB. Not really sure, I want to be spending a first rounder or second rounder on Tyson Jackson's replacement already. Now if he replaces Vrabel, Okay, I will listen, but he looks to be a 4-3 guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    so what position would he play. I am guessing either a DE or OLB. Not really sure, I want to be spending a first rounder or second rounder on Tyson Jackson's replacement already. Now if he replaces Vrabel, Okay, I will listen, but he looks to be a 4-3 guy.
    Wait - what? He's a nose tackle.

Paea is a powerful run stuffer that plays angry and should contribute immediately at the next level. He is as strong as an ox and consistently knocks lineman back on their heels. He takes on double teams and is near impossible to move out of the hole. He lacks refined pass rushing skills, but has heavy hands and a good burst to eventually become a weapon on third down. He is still learning the finer points of the game, but he has unparalleled toughness and a tireless work ethic. Paea will likely not last past the middle of the first round.

He's a two-time captain of his team, grew up in New Zealand playing rugby, is an absolute addict to working out. Coaches love him, and he's in tremendous physical condition for a defensive lineman. The guy is a Pioli wet dream.
    Last edited by SAPHOJUNKIE; 02-28-2011 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post

Paea is a powerful run stuffer that plays angry and should contribute immediately at the next level. He is as strong as an ox and consistently knocks lineman back on their heels. He takes on double teams and is near impossible to move out of the hole. He lacks refined pass rushing skills, but has heavy hands and a good burst to eventually become a weapon on third down. He is still learning the finer points of the game, but he has unparalleled toughness and a tireless work ethic. Paea will likely not last past the middle of the first round.

He's a two-time captain of his team, grew up in New Zealand playing rugby, is an absolute addict to working out. Coaches love him, and he's in tremendous physical condition for a defensive lineman. The guy is a Pioli wet dream.
    See I've heard that his stock has dropped a little bit (got injured at the Sr. Bowl) and is now a borderline first, but more likely and early or mid second. I saw on NFL network (during the combine) that Mayok had him as the #5 DT.

I agree he is a beast, and I would love to land him on our team, but I really hope his stock has dropped and we can get him in the 2nd. We might have to pull a trade to move up and get him, cus he probably wont last until our pick in the 2nd, but I think we could try and move up 8-10 spots or so and grab him.

I don't have NFL network so I don't know what they are saying about paea but I mean I would have thought that a dude bench pressin 225 49 times and setting a combine record his stock would rise not drop

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post

I have seen nothing projecting him to be a NT. I have read numerous reports stating that he is not a 3-4 guy and is best suited for the 4-3. So unless we are drafting him to replace T. Jackson... I would really hate drafting another D-Lineman to fill another failed 1st rounder.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast