Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Players Union decertifies

Default Players Union decertifies

Per Chris Mortensen, ESPN NFL insider.

Players union has filed decertification papers in Minneapolis court.

Peaceful renegotiation of new CBA is now a thing of the past. The courts will decide, and there may be no football this year.

Quote Originally Posted by wilqb16 View Post
    Don't kid yourself, if these owners could import players from China and screw all their American players, they would do it in a heartbeat. If you don't believe me, call a tech support for anything and ask the employee where he is at. If we keep it up, everyone in the USA will be making $8.00/hour to serve the mega-rich 2% who will laugh all the way to their foreign bank accounts with 99% of the wealth.
    This is not as true anymore as it once was. Companies here in the states like Dell and HP have learned that people will not purchase their systems when support sucks and they have moved those operations back on American soil.

Largely you are correct, but the offshoring trend is not what it once was.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    So the players can't do a little work to get there teams together? They can at least call each other to get there vote? It's funny how the owners plan for a lockout there greedy the players plan to take legal action there the good guys. It's the same action both makeing plans to get the upper hand. If your going to jump on one side for it you have to the other side to.

It would be work but there are many non nfl fields they could play at across the country. It would take time and work but like I said if the NFL owners are so evil why don't they just go play in the other league?

Think about the expenses outside of the players that an owner has. You have your security,ushers,vendors.equitment for the food vending,office staff, There are over 100 games in the NFL every year. This adds up. I think its very easy this could add up to over a billion for the owners. Why do they have to play for that alone. How about that equitment the players wear? Coaching staff training equitment used by the players. There are A LOT of expenses outside of payroll most enjoyed by the players why shouldn't they have to chip in a little for this stuff they enjoy?

The media has been very pro player. That's why i am growing more and more anti player. I think the owners are greedy liars yes. But that is no excuse for the players to be greedy as well. Look at the NFL players. They are the ones who won't even talk unless the owners cave into to there demands to open the books to them. Again that's not negotating that makeing a demand. A.P. of the vikings had the nerve to say the NFL players are slaves. That's why i am so anti player. They are being greedy to and getting a free pass. I just think if people are going to jump all over one side don't let the other side off for doing some of the same things.
    The owners violated the CBA and per Doty himself, benefited themselves while harming the players. What you are saying is the same just isn't, not even remotely.

Go do it then - let me know how it goes.

Again, you need to actually read the CBA...

Not really - the media keeps repeating the crap the NFL, Pash et al are spewing with only a few sources actually caring to give the whole story and let people know how wrong it is.

Yeah, AD is an idiot. Is it any worse than what Jerry Jones said? Or when the Panthers' owner cussed at Manning? Or all the owners spewing the lies and propaganda that they are right now, such as Mara? Compare the statements by owners / Pres / VP to those of De Smith, Brees, etc - the players have been proven to be honest and forthcoming to those who care to look at the facts and the owners have been anything but.

Well since both sides are evil here's my solution...the players want such a big part of the NFL well here you go...you now have to pay half of everything, you want half the profits you get half of the expenses. If it goes over your half they start pulling money from the players checks. Hey it's only fair right? I mean if you're going to demand half of everything you need to start contributing half of everything. So when the NFL does have those bad years and the players haven't budgeted for having to pay 100k each when they've gone out and bought 3 bentley's and several million dollar house for the year to bad. Nothing off the top for the owners. We stay at 16 game seasons, 18 games was a dumb idea to begin with. Rookie pay scale get's put in...don't know how it gets done or what it looks like. I don't care if there are a lot of details to work out I don't get paid to figure that kind of stuff out.

Bottom line there are a lot of cry babies out there saying they want half and we want more money etc. when everyone involved in with the details is getting paid millions of dollars a year when I'm working for peanuts...figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Well since both sides are evil here's my solution...the players want such a big part of the NFL well here you go...you now have to pay half of everything, you want half the profits you get half of the expenses. If it goes over your half they start pulling money from the players checks. Hey it's only fair right? I mean if you're going to demand half of everything you need to start contributing half of everything. So when the NFL does have those bad years and the players haven't budgeted for having to pay 100k each when they've gone out and bought 3 bentley's and several million dollar house for the year to bad. Nothing off the top for the owners. We stay at 16 game seasons, 18 games was a dumb idea to begin with. Rookie pay scale get's put in...don't know how it gets done or what it looks like. I don't care if there are a lot of details to work out I don't get paid to figure that kind of stuff out.

Bottom line there are a lot of cry babies out there saying they want half and we want more money etc. when everyone involved in with the details is getting paid millions of dollars a year when I'm working for peanuts...figure it out.
    #1 32 owners != >2,000 players, so your math alone is extremely flawed.

#2 Does anyone actually read the CBA? The NFLPA site is down right now due to the decertification, but when its back up, PLEASE, educate yourselves - the owners already have most of their costs covered, not to mention things paid for by tax payers, such as stadiums & in some cases, stadium upkeep.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanathol View Post

#2 Does anyone actually read the CBA? The NFLPA site is down right now due to the decertification, but when its back up, PLEASE, educate yourselves - the owners already have most of their costs covered, not to mention things paid for by tax payers, such as stadiums & in some cases, stadium upkeep.
    Didnt Hunt pat $150 million into the new Arrowhead? Im pretty sure the taxpayers also beneft from having an NFL team in their city as well.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanathol View Post

First off yes i have read the CBA in the past. When the first talks of this whole labor mess started. I rember thininking why in the world would the ownrs take this deal. The head of the union himself has said publicly that the players got a great deal last time. If they TRUELY wanted a FAIR deal like they claim they would be willing to come back a little bit.

You said yourself owners have most of those expenses coverd WHY SHOULDN't the players have to help with the rest. After all a lot of those expenses the PLAYERS enjoy the benifits.

Yes the owners get help from the taxpayers alot of times to build these stadiums how much does the NFLPA chip in to build these stadiums? (outside of being taxpayers) They make A LOT more then the avarge person they can afford to chip in on some things to.

And while we're at it, let's make baseball players buy their own bats, gloves, and uniforms...NBA players need to start buying their own shoes. The KC Wizards play soccer on Arrowhead, let's make them chip in to fund Arrowhead also.

I'm sorry, it's just a poor argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    And while we're at it, let's make baseball players buy their own bats, gloves, and uniforms...NBA players need to start buying their own shoes. The KC Wizards play soccer on Arrowhead, let's make them chip in to fund Arrowhead also.

I'm sorry, it's just a poor argument.
    Why?

MANY high school Jr college kids around the country have to pay for there own stuff. They don't come from families that are makeing at least over 100,000$ I had to do it for football and basketball in highschool (the school might have prefered i didn't lol) and was happy to do it. Just because these guys are better playing a game they are better then anyone eles? To me this argument makes far more sense then the argument you here from the players side about the avarge carrer only being 3 years. MILLIONS get laid off in less then 3 years what do they do they look find other places to work it's how the world works.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Why?

MANY high school Jr college kids around the country have to pay for there own stuff. They don't come from families that are makeing at least over 100,000$ I had to do it for football and basketball in highschool (the school might have prefered i didn't lol) and was happy to do it. Just because these guys are better playing a game they are better then anyone eles? To me this argument makes far more sense then the argument you here from the players side about the avarge carrer only being 3 years. MILLIONS get laid off in less then 3 years what do they do they look find other places to work it's how the world works.
    Why? Because the players bring an extraordinary amount of money in. If these high school and junior college kids played for football programs that in turn brought money back that could be used to fund equipment, they wouldn't have to pay. You're completely ignoring the fact that the NFL players bring in money to themselves and the owners. As soon as you try to make comparisons between an NFL team and high school teams, you're getting lost in the argument.

The whole argument is ridiculous, and rooted out of jealousy for how much money the NFL players make (as do a lot of arguments on this site). Do I wish I made what an NFL player made? Hell yeah! But am I going to bash them for making "too much" when they have busted their *** their whole life to mold themselves into an elite NFL football player, a career that sometimes yields extraordinary salaries? NO. The sense of entitlement that some people have is ridiculous.

Work your whole life, get to the NFL and you can have the same chance at the money they make. You didn't get there? Well, time to find a new day job (there are people who try but don't make it). But don't tell me that they should start buying their own equipment, or actors/actresses should start paying for sets and production costs. Say your boss walks in and tells you they're cutting back on costs, the computer you use everyday you're now going to have to buy, along with the printers, copiers, etc. You're going to be fine with that?
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 03-16-2011 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Why? Because the players bring an extraordinary amount of money in. If these high school and junior college kids played for football programs that in turn brought money back that could be used to fund equipment, they wouldn't have to pay. You're completely ignoring the fact that the NFL players bring in money to themselves and the owners. As soon as you try to make comparisons between an NFL team and high school teams, you're getting lost in the argument.

The whole argument is ridiculous, and rooted out of jealousy for how much money the NFL players make (as do a lot of arguments on this site). Do I wish I made what an NFL player made? Hell yeah! But am I going to bash them for making "too much" when they have busted their *** their whole life to mold themselves into an elite NFL football player, a career that sometimes yields extraordinary salaries? NO. The sense of entitlement that some people have is ridiculous.

Work your whole life, get to the NFL and you can have the same chance at the money they make. You didn't get there? Well, time to find a new day job (there are people who try but don't make it). But don't tell me that they should start buying their own equipment, or actors/actresses should start paying for sets and production costs. Say your boss walks in and tells you they're cutting back on costs, the computer you use everyday you're now going to have to buy, along with the printers, copiers, etc. You're going to be fine with that?

As a matter of fact I am...I have to use my personal lap top to work more often than not and I had to buy that with zero compensation to me. I want to print something out to use guess what I don't go to the boss saying I want 50% of the profits. The arguement that they're professional athletes and shouldn't have to pay for anything is ridiculous. I'm a computer programmer and do things a lot of other people can't do, does that mean that people should buy a computer for me?

The reason I said that is because when you start asking to be partners (which is what the 50/50 split the Union asked for) you get to start paying all the costs in my book...pure and simple.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast