Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Players Union decertifies

Default Players Union decertifies

Per Chris Mortensen, ESPN NFL insider.

Players union has filed decertification papers in Minneapolis court.

Peaceful renegotiation of new CBA is now a thing of the past. The courts will decide, and there may be no football this year.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I have been on a fan strike of college football for years. No nfl i might go crazy.

disclaimer Matthewschiefs lied when he said he might go crazy. He is a sick sick man. Use caution before approching.

Well, the college football games I plan on seeing will, hopefully, feature my son.

The owners for the most part are greedy shelfish people.
    HAHAHA SHELFISH

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I think many are misunderstanding my argument. I am NOT saying that the owners are ANY less to blame for this whole mess then the players.

In fact I blame them for a good part if not most of it. But It just bugs me when the players do things and do not get the backlash that the owners do. The players demanding the owners open the books before they even talk is just as wrong as a lot of what the owners did. If the owners had said we won't even talk unless you meet our demand of 18 games people would jump all over them and rightfully so.

I just think if people are going to bash one side they need to bash the other when there wrong. 2 wrongs don't make a right. Both sides have far more then most people and we are the ones who put alot of that money in there pockets. I no I did by the Chiefs tee shirt I wear to bed everynight. and the many jerseys i have bought. BOTH sides need to finaly start to say ok maybe i can live with this if you give me this. Something NEITHER side has done a lot of.
    Well, you paint it as if there has been a whole lot of people taking up for the players here. But, including myself, I count four people taking the players' side in this thread.

Including you, I am counting twelve on the owners side. (Claiming to be in the middle, but aiming far more criticism at the players for "balance" puts you in this category.)

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    But generally I am siding with the owners because the players are demanding to see the books opened
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    I really get the feeling that the NFLPA* is being run by a handful of players and executives that don't necessarily speak for the 1600+ players in the NFL. I have no evidence to back this up, its just the impression they're giving through the media. I honestly believe they did not negotiate in good faith with the Owners.
    Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    If the players don't like the CBA being offered they are free to walk away and find a job somewhere else oh yeah they can't get one 10% of what they are being offered by the NFL too bad they need to walk away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Let the players hold out. Don't give in owners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    If employees/players don't like the deal they are getting, they should look for another company/team or start their own business. Why should the owners be penalized for having a successful business?
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Make the NFL like the real world. Everyone gets paid the same for the same job. Qbs all make the same, RBs all make the same, WRs all make the same. IF they dont like it, get another f#ckin' job.
    Quote Originally Posted by kckidd8870 View Post
    The players make tons of money and half the time they don't even give full effort.play when they want to play.They want wewarded for that.If anything ,every player should get paid the same and have a huge purse at the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    Most of these players are big overgrown overpaid crybabies that know nothing about the average person(the person who pays to see them play). These guys would not care if we all lost our homes or died. All they care about is money. If they get hurt, they have insurance. If they don't its their own fault, cause they sure get paid enough to buy it. Many of these players live it up and blow their wealth then they sit around and play the poor poor pitiful me song. They are unappreciative and greedy.
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I have no care for the members of the NFLPA, they did not come to the table in true faith. Prove me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    The players never were serious about negotiation on this. They have NEVER in the entire time of these talks ever told anyone what they would take. The owners have given, they gave back all the way up to the end, but the players still did not want to give up anything.

I hope the judges slap the crap out of them and put them in their place.
    Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    To think I was about to switch to Direct TV.......no freaking way now!!Both sides can kiss my ---!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yep. Those who stand with the players are a serious minority around here.

This fight was chosen by the owners, when they opted out of the previous CBA, and they have been planning to cheat for a couple of years, with the TV money.

If they get punched in the mouth, or if they get hit with a low blow, they started this fight. They chose it. I won't be real sympathetic to their "plight".

And, if they cost me my NFL enjoyment, I will blame the guys who chose to do this.

I do not believe that you are being as fair as you think. I see you stand up to any post defending the players. But I do not see you standing up to any posts defending the owners.

This isn't a negotiation, is a force demonstration. When the owners sign that TV contract and opted out of current CBA (both things together), and after that threatened with a lockout, they showed their strength.
    What was the smartest thing for players to do? I can't figure it out, but I think was decertification, a force demonstration in the same level as the owners.
    Who started this kind of "negotiation"? The owners did.
    For the owners is a business, an exciting business, but business anyway.
    For the players is a business, their only real business for most of them.
    So they are doing business, but in a controversial way. Again, who dragged negotiation to this place? Facts shows that owners did.

Questions that I would like to know:
    -What are college players winning participating in the draft? Without a CBA is far more interesting being a free agent that a top drafted player.
    -Are all players free agents now? There isn't a CBA and they are locked out from their former teams.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Default Courts already understand the Owners are at fault

After a year when 18 of the 20 biggest TV events were NFL games, the Players were not asking for a raise.
    The Owners asked Players to take ~30% less (18% less of their 55%-57%)? For basically no reason other than the Owners wanted to make more. They claimed possible downside to their enterprise, but wouldn't show the books in a meaningful way, and planned (for several years) to have access to the full TV contract money during the lockout. To mention nothing of the Owners asking the Players to play 2 more games.
    And did you know the Players get $400 each for Preseason games and none of the savings is pass on to you? That's right, it's all just extra cash for the Owners... your full-priced parking, your full-priced beer, None of that major fan complaint is at the Players feet.
    The result is, the courts will decide.
    Just as Courts already decided the Owners weren't bargaining in good faith, and their TV Contract money will be held up, to the Court it will be clear the Owners are being greedy, as the Players did not ask for a raise. It's unclear how long it will take, but College Football is a lot of fun.

I've not done all the research & numbers as thoroughly as many of you posting in this thread. Besides, I hate math in depth, haha. However, if it is accurate that the owners drew first blood manipulating & scamming TV contract money...then one would think the owners would wisely want this lockout to end prior to a court discovering their questionable integrity. The deeper the courts go for evidence, the more the public will be made aware through mass media, of information the owners prefer not be public knowledge.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I didn't see a new thread for this, but figured it would be added soon. So here it is, until then...

Retired players file antitrust suit against NFL - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

The plaintiffs include Priest Holmes.

Wow!!! Retired players kicking owners in the...

...draft. At least is a smart legal move. I hope that this makes lockout ends.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Quote Originally Posted by pojote View Post
    Wow!!! Retired players kicking owners in the...

...draft. At least is a smart legal move. I hope that this makes lockout ends.
    I think the quickest end to the lockout would be if the judge lifts the lockout.

I think that would lead to a new cba faster to. Not sure it will happen but I think that would speed things up.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I count four people taking the players' side in this thread.

Including you, I am counting twelve on the owners side.

Dont count me as being "on anyones side" Im on the fans side...the ones who lose in all of this. Regardless of what they are arguing about, its the fans who will lose. If there is a lockout, the millionaires will remain millionaires, we however, will not have football. I think they are all far too greedy. The only side I am taking is the side of the fans!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.