Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Players Union decertifies

Default Players Union decertifies

Per Chris Mortensen, ESPN NFL insider.

Players union has filed decertification papers in Minneapolis court.

Peaceful renegotiation of new CBA is now a thing of the past. The courts will decide, and there may be no football this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I've gotta disagree with you here...Ticket prices are determined solely by demand, not by player salaries.

There are a ton of reasons why the players deserve 50% of the profits. These guys are the best football players in the world. We watch every Sunday because of them. Why do the owners deserve another $1 billion off the top? To pay for their new yacht? It's not to pay for new stadiums, they get taxpayers to do that.
    Partially true, tax payers are sometimes asked to pay for renovations. When they wanted to put the rolling roof over Arrowhead and Kauffman, the put a bond on to pay for it. If the roof went on, then Arrowhead would have gotten a Super Bowl in 2015. Voters turned down the bond, so the roof never happened.

In the end, the 375 million in renovations were to be paid by the city, as it turns out though, the Hunts put up 125 million of their own money for the renovations, the city, I believe, paid the rest.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    While I do think that the players should get more of the profits because they are the ones that supply the product
    Wrong. Who supplies the product??? The owners OWN the business and therefore they supply the product, not the employees.

I suppose you also believe that Apple employees should receive 50% of the profits since they manufacture the iPhone. And GM employees deserve 50% of the profits since they drive the screws into the car.

I hate the sense of entitlement that exists in this country. Btw, I'm not referring to you Matthew, I don't even know you. If employees/players don't like the deal they are getting, they should look for another company/team or start their own business. Why should the owners be penalized for having a successful business?

As you can probably tell I am bigger fan of capitalism than I am of unions.

I've gotta disagree with you here...Ticket prices are determined solely by demand, not by player salaries.

There are a ton of reasons why the players deserve 50% of the profits. These guys are the best football players in the world. We watch every Sunday because of them. Why do the owners deserve another $1 billion off the top? To pay for their new yacht? It's not to pay for new stadiums, they get taxpayers to do that.

This is true but it seems as the players weren't willing to concede anything. I am sure the owners would open the books if the players would at least entertain an 18 game season. Goes both ways here and it sucks for us. Players carry every bit as much blame as the owners on this one.

The players never were serious about negotiation on this. They have NEVER in the entire time of these talks ever told anyone what they would take. The owners have given, they gave back all the way up to the end, but the players still did not want to give up anything.

NFL.com news: League locks out players, whose union decertified

I hope the judges slap the crap out of them and put them in their place.
    Last edited by Hayvern; 03-12-2011 at 10:21 AM.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

if ya want help from the player's union there is none. its been dissolved.

NFL players union dissolved; lockout imposed

WASHINGTON -- The players had the owners on the run, but picked the nuclear option instead.

Seeking a decisive blow against the backpedaling owners instead of agreeing to a new collective bargaining agreement, the NFL Players Association shifted the labor war to the courts yesterday by decertifying and then having 10 players -- including the Giants' Osi Umenyiora -- file an antitrust lawsuit against the league.

The owners, who angrily accused union chief DeMaurice Smith of negotiating in bad faith, then imposed a lockout last night at 11:59 p.m. and set off the sport's first work stoppage since 1987.

Read more: NFL players union dissolved; lockout imposed - NYPOST.com
    but from what I understand the players have the right to sue the owners for blocking them out. where's a philly lawyer when you need one???

the draft will go forward but the players picked are out to. what a mess. if there's no games might be the end of me as a fan to. when the last MLB strike took place i was never much of a fan and im still not. and I feel the same here. if and when they play again ill never be an NFL fan anymore.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Agreed on the ticket prices.

I think the owners are wanting something back because numbers say attendance is down so there money is down. More people are watching the game on tv then going to the games so I do think the owners are not making as much as they once were. I don't think that they are hurting to bad but why should they pay the price from that alone? This is a group effort from the players and owners why shouldn't the players have to give some back when the owners do?

For me the bottom line is it has been the OWNERS who have moved off there demands not the players. The players are becoming more and more to blame for this. I find it funny that the players have been all upset for the owners planing a lockout when they planned to break up the union before last season. Both sides need to be at the table. The owners are there the players decided to leave and they are the ones that won't come back. The players greed is hurting the NFL just as the owners did. Two rights don't make a wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Wrong. Who supplies the product??? The owners OWN the business and therefore they supply the product, not the employees.

I suppose you also believe that Apple employees should receive 50% of the profits since they manufacture the iPhone. And GM employees deserve 50% of the profits since they drive the screws into the car.

I hate the sense of entitlement that exists in this country. Btw, I'm not referring to you Matthew, I don't even know you. If employees/players don't like the deal they are getting, they should look for another company/team or start their own business. Why should the owners be penalized for having a successful business?

As you can probably tell I am bigger fan of capitalism than I am of unions.
    I think that all employees are entitled to whatever they can get through the common practices of capitalism.

And, since collective bargaining is one of the primary tools of any free market negotiation, then go Capitalist unions.

Funny how so many encourage allowing the free market to speak, until it speaks on behalf of the slaves.

I support capitalism. But only if everybody is allowed to play.

To think I was about to switch to Direct TV.......no freaking way now!!Both sides can kiss my ---!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    The players never were serious about negotiation on this. They have NEVER in the entire time of these talks ever told anyone what they would take. The owners have given, they gave back all the way up to the end, but the players still did not want to give up anything.

NFL.com news: League locks out players, whose union decertified

I hope the judges slap the crap out of them and put them in their place.
    I hear you, but you make it sound like the players weren't losing anything either. The owners wanted an extra $1 BILLION a year in revenues!

Disappointing....
    *** Kansas City Chiefs 2013 - 2014 ***

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast