Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 147

Thread: Players Union decertifies

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Location
    hollywood
    Posts
    404
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Players Union decertifies


    0 Not allowed!
    Per Chris Mortensen, ESPN NFL insider.

    Players union has filed decertification papers in Minneapolis court.

    Peaceful renegotiation of new CBA is now a thing of the past. The courts will decide, and there may be no football this year.

  2. #111
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,411
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 65

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Who is advising the Players? My opinion, right or wrong, is there agents. Agents make money of the commission of the players contract they negotiate, I am sure they have a big part of this stinking pile of bovine excrement that is going on.


  3. #112
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura, Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    CJ I do agree with you, but I am just piod about this whole thing, and from where I stand, the players planned to do this from the start, the owners have known that, because the former nflpa told them that what they where going to do it. The Owners tried to negotiate, but the players were set on the path they where going to go from the start, imo. There was no negotiation effort in good faith from the former nflpa, from the start. It is sad that is what it is.
    Another strike against the players for me. I was listening to Colin Cowherd on ESPN this morning and he said something interesting.

    The NFLPA came out bad mouthing the owners because the owners locked out the players, including not paying for their medical insurance. The interesting thing he brought up was that the reason unions collect dues is to be able to offset things like health insurance and salaries during labor negotiations. But instead of setting something like that up, the union just bad mouthed the owners and left their own people out in the cold.

    Look, the owners are not without blame either, they were the ones that walked away from an existing agreement, and they certainly have more money than the players do in most cases. This however, is a business and I get business, I understand it, even when I am on the receiving end of crappy things.

    Another analogy is like this: I used to go to a restaurant to lunch about three or four times per week. Now, that I have had to cut back on my expenditures, I do not go to the restaurant as much. I went in there today and the owner, who I felt was a friend of mine was really disappointed that I no longer came in as much anymore. I had to tell him it wasn't personal against him, I just could not afford to eat there anymore. Overall, that was just one small part of my overall income, and to most people saving $5 per day, or $100 per month is no big deal, but for me, saving even that small amount is still a business decision.


    Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

  4. #113
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,411
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 65

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Another strike against the players for me. I was listening to Colin Cowherd on ESPN this morning and he said something interesting.

    The NFLPA came out bad mouthing the owners because the owners locked out the players, including not paying for their medical insurance. The interesting thing he brought up was that the reason unions collect dues is to be able to offset things like health insurance and salaries during labor negotiations. But instead of setting something like that up, the union just bad mouthed the owners and left their own people out in the cold.

    Look, the owners are not without blame either, they were the ones that walked away from an existing agreement, and they certainly have more money than the players do in most cases. This however, is a business and I get business, I understand it, even when I am on the receiving end of crappy things.

    Another analogy is like this: I used to go to a restaurant to lunch about three or four times per week. Now, that I have had to cut back on my expenditures, I do not go to the restaurant as much. I went in there today and the owner, who I felt was a friend of mine was really disappointed that I no longer came in as much anymore. I had to tell him it wasn't personal against him, I just could not afford to eat there anymore. Overall, that was just one small part of my overall income, and to most people saving $5 per day, or $100 per month is no big deal, but for me, saving even that small amount is still a business decision.
    Here is another uneducated though from me. Has the former nflpa opened there books or offered to, to see what they spend the dues paid to them on? I am just asking, because I do not know. Would be interesting to know. If I was in a Union, I would want to know where my dues went to, and my benefits of belonging, here again, benefits for those past players who made the game great for current players. What has the former nflpa done for them? I am just asking questions, anybody have answers, inform me.
    Where is NFLLockout? Why does this member not post anymore? I am waiting for this member to talk to us. I thought he represented the former nflpa? Talk to us! The true heart of the NFL! The Fans!
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 03-17-2011 at 03:08 AM.

  5. #114
    Member Since
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default fan no more


    0 Not allowed!
    After 48 years of being a chiefs fan,if there is no football.this year i am done. I haven't been to a royals game or watched them on tv sin e their strike and wont watch the chiefs anymore. I have-not renewed my season tickets. Good luck chiefss fans. College sports for me. Peace. Kc red

  6. #115
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    CJ I do agree with you, but I am just piod about this whole thing, and from where I stand, the players planned to do this from the start, the owners have known that, because the former nflpa told them that what they where going to do it. The Owners tried to negotiate, but the players were set on the path they where going to go from the start, imo. There was no negotiation effort in good faith from the former nflpa, from the start. It is sad that is what it is.
    You need to educate yourself on the subject. At the very least, read the thread.


    Facts:


    1. Owners started planning this lockout over 2 years ago - not the players - in their TV contract negotiations, breaking the CBA they were under, and in order to help them and harm the players in the event of a lockout. IE. They could perform a lockout and have money to outlast the players with to force them into their demands. The owners are begging Doty to not unseal those court docs, btw.... hmmm wonder why?


    2. The owners didn't even approach the table until Judge Doty ruled against them on the lockout money.


    3. Joe Banner confirms that even the infamous 'final proposal', the owners never expected the players to agree to it. But you contend the owners are seriously negotiating and the players are not?!


    4. Again, the 2009 numbers worked out such that the owners received 47% of the total pot, and the players 53%. The owners first proposal would have flipped those numbers to 53% owners, 47% players.

    Now check this out: 53 - 47 = 6 - that's the 'gap' there. 6 / 2 ( ya know, half way ) is... drum roll.... 3! Add 3 to one side, sub from the other and you get.... you guessed it! 50/50! Which is exactly what the players counter offered with, to which the owners GOT UP AND WALKED OUT ON, then THEY turned around and filed charges against the NFLPA for "not negotiating in good faith". Since when is meeting halfway "not negotiating in good faith"? Wouldn't WALKING OUT on an offer to meet half way be "not negotiating in good faith"?


    Seriously, this information is out there for consumption, even in this very thread. The least you could do is offer counters to it if you're going to make the outlandish statements you did above.

  7. #116
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,411
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 65

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanathol View Post
    You need to educate yourself on the subject. At the very least, read the thread.


    Facts:


    1. Owners started planning this lockout over 2 years ago - not the players - in their TV contract negotiations, breaking the CBA they were under, and in order to help them and harm the players in the event of a lockout. IE. They could perform a lockout and have money to outlast the players with to force them into their demands. The owners are begging Doty to not unseal those court docs, btw.... hmmm wonder why?

    Begging?
    2. The owners didn't even approach the table until Judge Doty ruled against them on the lockout money.


    3. Joe Banner confirms that even the infamous 'final proposal', the owners never expected the players to agree to it. But you contend the owners are seriously negotiating and the players are not?!

    You can not be serious. The Owners did not make better offer? Yes they already knew the players would not except, because?

    4. Again, the 2009 numbers worked out such that the owners received 47% of the total pot, and the players 53%. The owners first proposal would have flipped those numbers to 53% owners, 47% players.

    Now check this out: 53 - 47 = 6 - that's the 'gap' there. 6 / 2 ( ya know, half way ) is... drum roll.... 3! Add 3 to one side, sub from the other and you get.... you guessed it! 50/50! Which is exactly what the players counter offered with, to which the owners GOT UP AND WALKED OUT ON, then THEY turned around and filed charges against the NFLPA for "not negotiating in good faith". Since when is meeting halfway "not negotiating in good faith"? Wouldn't WALKING OUT on an offer to meet half way be "not negotiating in good faith"?

    Benefit package for players, former and current what side of that 50/50 was it coming from?

    Seriously, this information is out there for consumption, even in this very thread. The least you could do is offer counters to it if you're going to make the outlandish statements you did above.
    Keep posting info, I am asking questions and voicing my outrage over the whole deal. You tell me, when did the players decide to get a new deal done? You think that they would have gotten a hint, when the Owners opted out of the CBA? They all should have from that point on, worked out a deal by now.

  8. #117
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,999
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 4

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    You know, I kind of like the idea of this lock out after thinking about it, our team is so young, they will most likely bounce back if there is a year of lock out, but the Peyton Mannings and Tom Brady's of the leage are getting old, and will be even more rusty. A lock out like this could be the end of the careers for many big name players not on the Chiefs...

    I mean our biggest concern if there was a long lock out would be Brian Waters, Casey Weigmann and Mike Vrabel. All players that most of us already know need to be addressed.

    I know it would suck not watching football next year, but on the positive side of that, I have already paid for my tickets, so I would then get a credit to the following season making my budget a little easier.

    Let the players hold out. Don't give in owners.

  9. #118
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,999
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 4

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kcred View Post
    After 48 years of being a chiefs fan,if there is no football.this year i am done. I haven't been to a royals game or watched them on tv sin e their strike and wont watch the chiefs anymore. I have-not renewed my season tickets. Good luck chiefss fans. College sports for me. Peace. Kc red
    I don't believe you. A Chief fan for 48 years and your going to hang it up now. I can't see it, I mean what a waste. I can understand not seeing the Royals but was it really the Strike or the fact the Royals just sucked.

  10. #119
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,999
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 4

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Just got this email from the Chiefs.


    Thank you for your support of the Kansas City Chiefs. We recognize the importance of our Season Ticket Holders and are grateful for your continued loyalty.

    Much has been written and said in the past few days about the status of the NFL's Collective Bargaining Agreement with the players. Many of you have contacted customer relations with questions regarding your account or looking for updated information on the process. We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us, and we hope to answer as many of your questions as we can in this letter.

    In most negotiations, if all sides give a little, a deal can be reached. Last week, the NFL proposed a deal to the players that more than met them in the middle on the economic issues. The league's proposal also included provisions designed to enhance player health and safety and significantly improve benefits for retired players. Unfortunately, the players rejected this proposal and walked away from the negotiating table.

    We know you are disappointed that negotiations broke down. I was also disappointed that an agreement was not reached last week, but I am not discouraged. While it's impossible for me, or anyone, to predict the next steps in the process, I hope it will lead back to the negotiating table and, ultimately, to a full 2011 season.

    However, in the event preseason or regular-season home games are missed, you will receive a full refund for any cancelled Chiefs home games. Details of the refund policy were sent to you previously and are available on our website by clicking here.

    Ultimately, we understand that our fans want us to return to football as soon as possible. After a season that began with Monday Night Magic at the grand opening of the New Arrowhead, and culminated in a division championship, we are more focused than ever on improving every area of our team. We know there will be football in the future – and we have already started to plan for the 2011 season. Our football staff is hard at work preparing for the 2011 NFL Draft and our business operations staff is using fan feedback to make the Arrowhead experience the best in the NFL.

    We are committed to keeping you informed of our plans and welcome your feedback. If you have questions or comments, please send them to customerrelations@kcchiefs.org.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.
    Sincerely,





    Clark Hunt






    Chairman and CEO

  11. #120
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,854
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 420
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanathol View Post
    You need to educate yourself on the subject. At the very least, read the thread.


    Facts:


    1. Owners started planning this lockout over 2 years ago - not the players - in their TV contract negotiations, breaking the CBA they were under, and in order to help them and harm the players in the event of a lockout. IE. They could perform a lockout and have money to outlast the players with to force them into their demands. The owners are begging Doty to not unseal those court docs, btw.... hmmm wonder why?


    2. The owners didn't even approach the table until Judge Doty ruled against them on the lockout money.


    3. Joe Banner confirms that even the infamous 'final proposal', the owners never expected the players to agree to it. But you contend the owners are seriously negotiating and the players are not?!


    4. Again, the 2009 numbers worked out such that the owners received 47% of the total pot, and the players 53%. The owners first proposal would have flipped those numbers to 53% owners, 47% players.

    Now check this out: 53 - 47 = 6 - that's the 'gap' there. 6 / 2 ( ya know, half way ) is... drum roll.... 3! Add 3 to one side, sub from the other and you get.... you guessed it! 50/50! Which is exactly what the players counter offered with, to which the owners GOT UP AND WALKED OUT ON, then THEY turned around and filed charges against the NFLPA for "not negotiating in good faith". Since when is meeting halfway "not negotiating in good faith"? Wouldn't WALKING OUT on an offer to meet half way be "not negotiating in good faith"?


    Seriously, this information is out there for consumption, even in this very thread. The least you could do is offer counters to it if you're going to make the outlandish statements you did above.
    The 50/50 split was talked about that is true. But the information your not including is the owners didn't fell that was a serious offer. And to be honest this is not even as fair as the NFLPA would have you think. Here is an article explaining why CSN Boston: Curran: NFLPA's 50-50 offer isn't what it seems - LockerPulse

    I 100% agree with you when you say the owners didn't start talking until the judge spanked them in court. But can you say the players have? They are the ones who say they won't even talk until the owners open the books. That's not talking thats makeing a demand.

    Once again if people are going to get all upset at the owners for something the players need to be held accountable to. That's all I am saying.

Similar Threads

  1. NFL Files Suit Against Players Union
    By Hayvern in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 03-19-2011, 12:16 AM
  2. NFL owners could opt out of CBA with union as early as Tuesday
    By Guru in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-17-2008, 04:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •