Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Players Union decertifies

Default Players Union decertifies

Per Chris Mortensen, ESPN NFL insider.

Players union has filed decertification papers in Minneapolis court.

Peaceful renegotiation of new CBA is now a thing of the past. The courts will decide, and there may be no football this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Dont count me as being "on anyones side" Im on the fans side...the ones who lose in all of this. Regardless of what they are arguing about, its the fans who will lose. If there is a lockout, the millionaires will remain millionaires, we however, will not have football. I think they are all far too greedy. The only side I am taking is the side of the fans!!
    This and this! Players or owners? Meh- the people I'm on the side of are the folks like the ones working at the stadiums, who-come fall- just won't have jobs.

And like Canada said- the fans, who get screwed no matter which side makes how many millions or billions, or who gets to look at who's books, or anything else.

Isnt it the players sense of entitlement exactly what you are arguing so passionately for.
    You say that the average fan should have tried for the NFL and if they didnt make it then they should get another day job. Then i say NFL players should have tried to be owners and if that didnt work out then go find a day job.

Dont count me as being "on anyones side" Im on the fans side...the ones who lose in all of this. Regardless of what they are arguing about, its the fans who will lose. If there is a lockout, the millionaires will remain millionaires, we however, will not have football. I think they are all far too greedy. The only side I am taking is the side of the fans!!
    Well, the reason I counted you on the owners' side is because you made some harsh statements against the players specifically, and have also made some pro owner statements.

Make the NFL like the real world. Everyone gets paid the same for the same job. Qbs all make the same, RBs all make the same, WRs all make the same. IF they dont like it, get another f#ckin' job.
    Didnt Hunt pat $150 million into the new Arrowhead? Im pretty sure the taxpayers also beneft from having an NFL team in their city as well.
    You may not intend to be "on anyone's side", but your remarks have been one-sided, aside from your main point, of being on the fans' side, which I think would apply to every last one of us.

But when the discussion has been 'players vs. owners', your comments have been mostly anti-player/pro-owner.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Well, the reason I counted you on the owners' side is because you made some harsh statements against the players specifically, and have also made some pro owner statements.

You may not intend to be "on anyone's side", but your remarks have been one-sided, aside from your main point, of being on the fans' side, which I think would apply to every last one of us.

But when the discussion has been 'players vs. owners', your comments have mostly been anti player, pro owner
    You can't take a quote out of context and tell me my opinion. I was responding to a conversation that was going on that was all about how terrible the owners are and how the players shouldn't be blamed. If someone starts discuss how hard the owners have it, I have my share of opinions on that too. Like I said, they both play their part in all of this and at the end, the only losers will be the fans.

I think I have posted here about 10 times this year so and you said MOST of my post have been anti player...which would mean that some of my posts have also been anti owner...which would put me right where I said I am. On the fans side and I blame them all for the mess. If you say that the owners came to the table ta negotiate in good faith...explain all the money they saved up for a lockout. And if the players came in good faith, explain why they also have a fund built up for a lockout to pay players while they are locked out. Fact is, they are all too greedy and they are all to blame. Dont try to read into my post to fit your argument. It is clear. They are ALL to blame.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I think the reason that some others and myself might come across as being one sides is because well there are people like yourself who are already blasting the owners. What I was doing is was trying to say that the players are also doing some things that are just as bad as what the owners have done. If you look back at most of my post on this issue I have not said the owners were right and that the owners were not doing this or that (I have time and time again said the owners were part of the problem.) it was the players are also doing this or that. I don't see that as being one sided I see that as being fair.
    Example.
    I did once say that I felt the players were becoming more and more to blame that's because there the ones who are PUBLICLY saying they won't even talk until there demands are met to open the books . If the owners had said they wouldn't even talk until the players agreed to give them 18 games you would be all over them for that. And rightfully so. So why is it one sided to call out the players when the players do what can be considered the same thing?

You can't take a quote out of context and tell me my opinion.
    I didn't try to tell you your opinion. I assume you just want to argue, because you are already inventing things to fight about.

What I told you was what made me believe that you were pro-owner.

I was responding to a conversation that was going on that was all about how terrible the owners are and how the players shouldn't be blamed. If someone starts discuss how hard the owners have it, I have my share of opinions on that too.
    You didn't interject, and have yet to, against the owners specifically, and you have interjected in their defense.

Meanwhile, you have spoken against the players, and not offered a word in their defense.

Rather you would call yourself being on either side, or not, your comments have spoken in defense of the owners.

Like I said, they both play their part in all of this and at the end, the only losers will be the fans.

I think I have posted here about 10 times this year so and you said MOST of my post have been anti player...which would mean that some of my posts have also been anti owner...
    But when the discussion has been 'players vs. owners', your comments have been mostly anti-player/pro-owner.

This is what I said. I did not say that most of your posts have been anything. I didn't make any claim to have taken count of your posts.

which would put me right where I said I am. On the fans side and I blame them all for the mess. If you say that the owners came to the table ta negotiate in good faith...explain all the money they saved up for a lockout. And if the players came in good faith, explain why they also have a fund built up for a lockout to pay players while they are locked out. Fact is, they are all too greedy and they are all to blame.
    Here is every post you've made in this thread, up to throwing a fit about mine....

Isnt it the players sense of entitlement exactly what you are arguing so passionately for.
    You say that the average fan should have tried for the NFL and if they didnt make it then they should get another day job. Then i say NFL players should have tried to be owners and if that didnt work out then go find a day job.
    Harshly anti-players and slightly pro-owners.

Didnt Hunt pat $150 million into the new Arrowhead? Im pretty sure the taxpayers also beneft from having an NFL team in their city as well.
    Pro-Owner.

F*ck 'em All!!
    Just like it says... F*uck 'em all!!

Im workin; on it
    Off-topic. No statement made about players/owners.

Make the NFL like the real world. Everyone gets paid the same for the same job. Qbs all make the same, RBs all make the same, WRs all make the same. IF they dont like it, get another f#ckin' job.
    Pro-Owner and anti-player.

That comes to a total of ...

Anti-owner - 1 (indirect)
    Pro-player - 0

Anti-player - 3
    Pro-owner - 3

Nothing taken out of context. It's every single word that you had posted here before demanding that you aren't pro-Owner.

If you feel mis-represented, then say that. No need to "call me out".

I was just telling you why I mistook your stance as pro-owner, and that is simply because you have had a couple of things to say in defense of owners, none for players, and you've directed a few negative remarks directly at the players and none directly at the owners.

Only one "F*ck 'em all!!" had any form of balance, as far as the player/owner discussion.

Dont try to read into my post to fit your argument. It is clear. They are ALL to blame.
    If it was clear, then you were pro-owners.

The idea that you had no bias between the two was not clear.

First off, I was taking the opposite side of a one sided discussion when I interjected. I dont count how many times I post somethng pro plyer, anti owner etc. I very specifically said exactly how I feel about the situation. They are all to blame. No where did I throw a fit, I just tried to clarify where I stand in the whole thing. Just because someone responds to you does not mean they are throwing a fit. I know you like to make it seem like I am, but it was clarifying my position.

FYI...This Quote "Isnt it the players sense of entitlement exactly what you are arguing so passionately for.
    You say that the average fan should have tried for the NFL and if they didnt make it then they should get another day job. Then i say NFL players should have tried to be owners and if that didnt work out then go find a day job."

Was in response to several pro player posts. Some of which I agreed with, but taking that post and putting it up alone the definition of "taking something out of context"
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I think the reason that some others and myself might come across as being one sides is because well there are people like yourself who are already blasting the owners. What I was doing is was trying to say that the players are also doing some things that are just as bad as what the owners have done. If you look back at most of my post on this issue I have not said the owners were right and that the owners were not doing this or that (I have time and time again said the owners were part of the problem.) it was the players are also doing this or that. I don't see that as being one sided I see that as being fair.
    Example.
    I did once say that I felt the players were becoming more and more to blame that's because there the ones who are PUBLICLY saying they won't even talk until there demands are met to open the books . If the owners had said they wouldn't even talk until the players agreed to give them 18 games you would be all over them for that. And rightfully so. So why is it one sided to call out the players when the players do what can be considered the same thing?
    There is nothing one-sided about calling out the players for a move that you feel is counter-productive.

What is one-sided about your stance is that I have not seen you oppose any pro-owner remarks, while heavily opposing the pro-player remarks. And, as already stated above, there are more posters leaning their comments toward the owners side, than toward the players' side.

You are watching the pro-owner comments pass by, with no reaction, while contesting almost all pro-player comments.

But guys! Both of you....

Seriously...

The discussion of rather or not you have any bias on the (players/owners) topic is an even less entertaining discussion than the actual (player/owners) topic.

Let's just say that you are both the model of even-handedness and balance, and let this one go at that?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415