Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs workout Nevada QB Colin Kaepernick

Default Chiefs workout Nevada QB Colin Kaepernick

I'm not sure if this has been spread around or not, but I just heard Kaepernick say he had a workout with the Chiefs.

I haven't done my homework on him, but I know he's been climbing up draft boards recently. Gannon was comparing his mechanics to Aaron Rodgers, when Rodgers came out of Cal. Obviously a guy you have to coach up, but some solid potential in this guy. Would love to see the Chiefs bring in a guy like him and groom him to be a QB in the next 3-4 years.

EDIT: The workout is scheduled! Hasn't happened yet.

I am thinking they are looking for a backup qb for Cassel.Or at least someone to come in and compete with Brodie for the backup job should they bring him back.

Probably identifying several backup QB prospects hoping that one falls into the 5th or later rounds.

ryan mallet has visit/workout to KC scheduled, could be a smoke screen or are the CHIEFS serious about a QB of the future???

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    ryan mallet has visit/workout to KC scheduled, could be a smoke screen or are the CHIEFS serious about a QB of the future???
    Not sure if they are looking for a QOTF more than a backup cause Broke is not the one to rely on if needed he is now what 0-19 as a starter.

It's never too early to begin grooming quarterbacks. At this piont I think it's safe to say that Brodie Croyle has not shown he can be a starter in this league. If you find the right quarterback, one you can groom, it can eitehr produce the following:

1.) You're future quarterback for when the guy you have now is either retired or let go to FA. If you have a quarterback waiting that is ready, you're not as pressured to give a big contract to a veteran guy. Kind of like Kevin Kolb now.
    2.) You still keep your quarterback you have now, and this guy becomes an excellent trade chip that can yield a high draft pick.
    3.) A failed experiment, start over again (see the Miami Dolphins).

There are huge benefits to be reaped from taking a quarterback, despite us having a solid solution in there now.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq1gL_Q-vO0"]YouTube - Colin Kaepernick[/ame]

i think we should give Brodie a chance
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cKA6jyLLyQ"]YouTube - Dooley Talks About Colin Kaepernick[/ame]

I kinda like what I am seeing so far. Will be interesting if we take him in later rounds.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast