Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bought a hand gun today.

Default Bought a hand gun today.

Been wanting one for a long time and finally got one. Its a Ruger SR9 9mm. Very nice one and I am glad I got this one. I was at the gun show when I bought it. I must have come back to the same gun 4 or 5 times in 2 hours.

I have a ruger 10/22, never jams...so I am hoping won't get jams with this one.

Anyone else have a gun?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    If someone wanted to kill you with a joint, they could find a way and people get murdered all the time over drugs or under the influence of drugs..

The point of the post, was to point out, that gun or no gun, the intent of the person using it, will find a way to kill. Also, I previously posted, A person who has a knife will 9 times out 10 kills a person with a gun, who is still holstered.

take away guns, and people will start using Knives, Take away Knives they will use Bow and Arrows, Swords, baseball bats, their own hands... etc....
    Really?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

thats cool id love one myself

Quote Originally Posted by ratty9 View Post
    If someone wanted to kill you with a joint, they could find a way
    thats cool id love one myself
    Well.... Holler when you get hooked up.

I got some, come on over
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I got some, come on over
    Can't afford that cab ride, or I would be on the way.

If someone wanted to kill you with a joint, they could find a way and people get murdered all the time over drugs or under the influence of drugs..

The point of the post, was to point out, that gun or no gun, the intent of the person using it, will find a way to kill. Also, I previously posted, A person who has a knife will 9 times out 10 kills a person with a gun, who is still holstered.

take away guns, and people will start using Knives, Take away Knives they will use Bow and Arrows, Swords, baseball bats, their own hands... etc....
    THIS!!!!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Really?
    Yep!! All they would have to do is lace the joint to be deadly!! :/

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Comparing the dangers of guns to the dangers of weed is ridiculous. With that logic you could but a cheeseburger laced with arsenic so now cheeseburgers might as well be a loaded gun. Fact is, guns are allowed in the US and the murder rate there is much higher than most other countries. Coincidence? I dont think so.

Really?
    My response was more of a sarcastic response but Yes, Someone could lace the Pot with a chemical that could kill you. I know it is a far strech, but it is possible. Fact of the matter if someone wanted to, they would find a way. The point though was the gun itself does not kill people but the person using it does. Guns are just the easiest and more preferred way of doing it. Take the gun away and someone will find a substitute.

A more likely result would be a car accident under the influence. Specially if someone was driving on snow....Maybe in a hurry to get to the airport, and the influenced person was doing 5 on the major interstate.

Comparing the dangers of guns to the dangers of weed is ridiculous. With that logic you could but a cheeseburger laced with arsenic so now cheeseburgers might as well be a loaded gun. Fact is, guns are allowed in the US and the murder rate there is much higher than most other countries. Coincidence? I dont think so.
    It is ridiculous your right. However, if you want to look at the murder rate in the US and Canada, the cause is so much more than just owning the gun. You could look into how our country was developed into social classes. Then compare murder rates withing regions within the US. You go out into the Country and away from the big cities, everyone owns a gun and just like Canada they leave their house wide open with no fear of robbers, they also expect everyone to wave at each other when they pass each other on the road and are generally pleasant to everyone.

So comparing murder in the Us to the fact of owning gusn, is king of like saying the higher Suicide rate of Females in Canada compared to US is directly related to the males in Canada. Now I say that jokingly of course, because there really isn't that big of a difference between Canada and the US, but Japanese women, compared to most of the world. Wow.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast