Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A WR prospect to keep an eye on....

Default A WR prospect to keep an eye on....

We all know that the Chiefs need help at WR2. There is always free agency... but it hasn't helped out the Chiefs at that position since Pioli and Haley have arrived, and with the uncertainty of when free agency may begin I think the Chiefs will look to add one in the draft and look to develop him..which they like to do.

If you haven't heard of this guy yet, his name is Leonard Hankerson (6'2" 210lbs). He was highly recruited out of HS and attended the University of Miami being compared as the next Andre Johnson. He had trouble with Drops his first two seasons but put in some extra time with a trainer the off season before his Junior year and broke out with 800 rec yds, then following up this season with 72 receptions, 1,156 yds, and 13 TD's which broke a school record previously help by Micheal Irvin.

Looks like a guy Pioli might go for due to the playing experience. Got playing time all four years of school, listed as a starter his Junior and Sr. year. He was also a standout at the Sr. Bowl, which Pioli seems to read into.

We can all agree there wont be a WR prospect worthy/available of a pick at 21, so I think we look to take this guy with our 2nd round pick. Here are some highlights... let me know what you guys think...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOBsUJk-jLA"]YouTube - Leonard Hankerson (WR, The U)[/ame]

hankerson wont make it to 55...hell go in the top of the 2nd somewhere...not a fan of cobb either...he seems more like a brad smith type gimmick player, not a starting receiver...

i like hankerson and torrey smith...neither of which will make it to 55 so wed either have to trade down with our 1st rounder or trade up with our 2nd to get one of those guys

Quote Originally Posted by whatwasthat? View Post
    hankerson wont make it to 55...hell go in the top of the 2nd somewhere...not a fan of cobb either...he seems more like a brad smith type gimmick player, not a starting receiver...

i like hankerson and torrey smith...neither of which will make it to 55 so wed either have to trade down with our 1st rounder or trade up with our 2nd to get one of those guys
    Just so you know, in his latest mock, Todd McShay has Hankerson going in the top of the third, and Torrey Smith falling to us in the back half of the third.

In this scenario, we could draft Carimi, Hankerson, and Smith with our first three picks.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    Just so you know, in his latest mock, Todd McShay has Hankerson going in the top of the third, and Torrey Smith falling to us in the back half of the third.

In this scenario, we could draft Carimi, Hankerson, and Smith with our first three picks.
    Wouln't want to draft both Hankerson and Smith just because it would be two high picks on the same position. I would rather use our 2nd for a WR2 and our 3rd on someone like NT Jerrell Powe from Ole Miss or Sam Acho OLB/DE from Texas (Depending on what Position we take in the 1st.)

I would love for this scenario:

Trade back from 21 to 28 (NE wants to grab an OT before Indy gets the one they want. and we pick up the 3rd rounder they got in the Randy Moss Trade) Take Akeem Ayers @ 28 if he is there, if not take OT Nate Solder. Round 2 Take Hankerson or Smith (Whichever is available) Round 3 (We pick up pick #74 from the NE trade and take Sam Acho if we took Solder in Round one or an OT, OC/G, if we took Ayers in round 1 (Could Also look at someone like Amahd Black Saftey from FLA with this pick). Our second of the 3rd rounders we take Jerrell Powe to man our NT position. And Round 4 we could take either OT Marcus Gilbert from FLA or ILB Kelvin Sheppard from LSU (Depending on which positions are filled with picks in the earlier rounds). Round 5 we address Backup QB (McElroy, Stanzi, etc.) and 7 we look at Depth at any of the positions of need.

With this scenario we have addressed most of our major needs : WR2, OLB, NT, O-Line Depth, ILB depth, and Backup QB.

I love Hankerson. Don't think he will be there when we pick in the second.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post

mcshay doesnt know what he is talking about...neither hankerson nor smith will make it to our 2nd round pick

I Still say that we get Austin Pettis in rd 4.. maybe even 5th. Dude catches EVERYTHING!

And i could be biased cause i was out at a club with him lastnight. Cool Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    I Still say that we get Austin Pettis in rd 4.. maybe even 5th. Dude catches EVERYTHING!

And i could be biased cause i was out at a club with him lastnight. Cool Guy.
    i like pettis a lot...would absolutely use a 4th on him

Quote Originally Posted by whatwasthat? View Post
    mcshay doesnt know what he is talking about...neither hankerson nor smith will make it to our 2nd round pick
    Yeah McShay doesn't get paid to study these guys for a living or anything...

I've seen other mocks where we get Hankerson in the 2nd. It always seems like every year the WR's slip and everyone is like Oh Man I can't believe they fell that far!
    Ex: Dez Bryant & DeSean Jaskson

The reality is that Hankerson has AJ Green, Julio Jones, Torrey Smith, Jon Baldwin, Rated above him and it's a toss up between Him, Randall Cobb, & Titus Young with who is ranked next. It's not unrealistic that he would be there at 55, and who knows we have had him for a visit, maybe we really like him and trade up a few picks to get him?? We did it with Moeaki last year and look how that paid off for us.

Ya pettis has some of the best hands i've ever seen. Runs good routes. doesn't drop the ball. and he's big and decently quick.

At the club he was way chill and just kind of sitting around.. lot of people coming up and talking to him but he was cool about it. Saw him with 1 drink then the rest of the night i only saw him with water

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Yeah McShay doesn't get paid to study these guys for a living or anything...

I've seen other mocks where we get Hankerson in the 2nd. It always seems like every year the WR's slip and everyone is like Oh Man I can't believe they fell that far!
    Ex: Dez Bryant & DeSean Jaskson

The reality is that Hankerson has AJ Green, Julio Jones, Torrey Smith, Jon Baldwin, Rated above him and it's a toss up between Him, Randall Cobb, & Titus Young with who is ranked next. It's not unrealistic that he would be there at 55, and who knows we have had him for a visit, maybe we really like him and trade up a few picks to get him?? We did it with Moeaki last year and look how that paid off for us.

i could see us trading up to grab a receiver that we really like...the 2nd tier of WRs (after green and jones) is smith, baldwin, and hankerson...i actually expect hankerson to go ahead of baldwin because baldwin has "me first" character concerns (the same reason titus youngs draft stock has dropped)

or if we found someone to trade down with, we could acquire another 2nd rounder and pick up a receiver there

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast