Thread: I'm giving my house guests a rare KC souvenir gift....

Default I'm giving my house guests a rare KC souvenir gift....

I posted this on FB, but want to here as well, even though many of you are also my FB friends and aware, other Chiefs Crowd friends aren't.

Many years ago my nephew worked for a Miller Beer Distributor when he was attending classes at O.U. in Oklahoma. He gave me two cases of KC Chiefs Miller Lite bar glasses, which were never available on the retail market, only available to business' serving Miller Lite. There were two different Chiefs logo designs available...a KC Arrowhead logo, or a KC Chiefs helmet logo, so my nephew gave me a case of each!

I loved them so much I bought two additional cases from his boss. The glasses are rare, now vintage collectibles, crafted from heavy glass for retail bar use. On one side they have one of the KC Chiefs logo designs mentioned above, the opposite side of the glass has the Miller Lite logo.

Fast forward years later...the spare cases remained unopened & unused. Knowing I'd eventually sell my former house and move to a smaller home, one of those cases I either gave, or sold to my Chiefs friend Kelly back in 2009. The other unopened case I kept, along with the two cases my nephew gave me as a gift, which were the glasses I used when entertaining in my former homes Chiefs level.

My new house in KC is much smaller than my previous home, so I've feasibly needed to edit my belongings. My small kitchen has enough cabinet storage I was able to put away the two cases of Chiefs glasses I've used, but no room for the unused case of glasses. So, I've decided that when a Chiefs friend visits me & my home, I will give them one of the Chiefs bar glasses as a souvenir of their visit, until I run out, hahaha.

Our mutual Chiefs Crowd friend Clint and his mom Cheryl, have been the first to visit me at home in KC, including recently, so they've now been given their souviner glasses. I cheated though, gave Clint 4 glasses, he's been here more than once, so is deserving, lol. I have 20 glasses yet to give away...but only one glass per visit until they're gone!! :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

On that note, I'm so very tired...been on the PC most of this rainey stormy day, attempting to familiarize myself with using Windows 7. Night y'all, sweet Chiefs game victory dreams!

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Save me and some!!
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 03-24-2011 at 09:58 PM.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Save me and TS some!!
    Yes! I totally agree with this! Thanks for thinking of me Canada!

On a more serious note, I would love to come visit you. I hope I can someday. I would not need a anything in return, I would just be of glad heart to have met you in person, seeing as I have not yet been able to. But when I do, all I want is cookies! I have read about your cookies on here! I want cookies!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye8mB6VsUHw"]YouTube - Sesame Street: Cookie Monster Sings C is for Cookie[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Save me and some!!
    I already have a couple with your name on them saved, cause I know sooner or later you'll visit, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Yes! I totally agree with this! Thanks for thinking of me Canada!

On a more serious note, I would love to come visit you. I hope I can someday. I would not need a anything in return, I would just be of glad heart to have met you in person, seeing as I have not yet been able to. But when I do, all I want is cookies! I have read about your cookies on here! I want cookies!
    LOL You know you're welcome to visit me anytime TS!! If you want cookies though, let me know a day in advance before coming to KC, and I promise I'll have plenty for you!! :)

I love my glasses! They look great!

Resident Celebrity

You have got to have the kindest hart of anyone I know Connie!

yea! I know I'm gonna get mine!!
    You're awesome Connie Jo!!
    **ChiefsChick**

Well gee, thanks y'all. Honestly, this idea began because with my smaller house I don't have room to keep them myself. If I had the space I would've just kept them without thought...nor thought to give them as gestures to friends, y'all give me too much credit, hahaha. ;)