Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ayer's Scheduled to Visit Chiefs!

Default Ayer's Scheduled to Visit Chiefs!

Hey I'm looking for any news right now haha! this lockout is killing me!

Anyways.... Looks like the AFC West is showing lots of interest in Akeem Ayers, and he already visited the Chargers, and is scheduled to visit Broncos and the Chiefs shortly. (here's the news)

If anyone has more info on how this visit goes or any other prospects scheduling visits let us know!

it was kinda of a joke but yes i do believe that the chiefs could use a speedy wr to start across the field from bowe.... mccluster is good but would be better suited as a number 3.... and using madden as a reference isnt really a bad idea... a few years ago the chiefs had the slowest team on the game. Now with Berry, Mccluster arenas moekaki they are getting respectable and i hope they continue the trend. speed kills brother. we need to stretch the field

Ayers is a 2nd round guy in my opinion. If he is there in round 2 we should be all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by tdehoff View Post
    Ayers is a 2nd round guy in my opinion. If he is there in round 2 we should be all over it.
    Ayer's has been projected in every mock draft I have seen in the 1st round. anywhere from picks 18-28.

I think he is a 1st rounder, if he does fall into the 2nd, he won't make it to 55. We would have to somehow trade up to get him in the 2nd.

One reason I see him as a possibility is because we run a 3-4. And you can't have enough talented and athletic LB's in a 3-4. that is the point of the system. Have Bigger d-lines to occupy space and allow the LB's to work in space and fly around to be in positions to make plays.

We don't have alot of depth/talent at LB and we need it if we are running a 3-4. We've got DJ, and Hali, we need at least one more stud LB (I know we have Belcher, Studebaker, and will have Vrable) but none are that extremely talented.

I'm not saying we won't take someone else like an OT, or NT. I just think that where we are at, and the depth of the OT position this year, we might take Ayers in the 1st and look to WR2, OT, and NT in rounds 2-4.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Ayer's has been projected in every mock draft I have seen in the 1st round. anywhere from picks 18-28.

I think he is a 1st rounder, if he does fall into the 2nd, he won't make it to 55. We would have to somehow trade up to get him in the 2nd.

One reason I see him as a possibility is because we run a 3-4. And you can't have enough talented and athletic LB's in a 3-4. that is the point of the system. Have Bigger d-lines to occupy space and allow the LB's to work in space and fly around to be in positions to make plays.

We don't have alot of depth/talent at LB and we need it if we are running a 3-4. We've got DJ, and Hali, we need at least one more stud LB (I know we have Belcher, Studebaker, and will have Vrable) but none are that extremely talented.

I'm not saying we won't take someone else like an OT, or NT. I just think that where we are at, and the depth of the OT position this year, we might take Ayers in the 1st and look to WR2, OT, and NT in rounds 2-4.
    couldnt have said it better...the great thing about drafting ayers is that he can play OLB and ILB in a 3-4 or in 4-3 formations

i believe this is the reason we will draft ayers..crennel, haley, and pioli will be happy to get a guy that can be used in a variety of ways

Quote Originally Posted by whatwasthat? View Post
    couldnt have said it better...the great thing about drafting ayers is that he can play OLB and ILB in a 3-4 or in 4-3 formations

i believe this is the reason we will draft ayers..crennel, haley, and pioli will be happy to get a guy that can be used in a variety of ways
    Agree!

That is another thing Pioli and Haley seem to like...Versatility.

They just like guys that will work hard at whatever it is they ask of them. Ayer's fits this mold. Phil Taylor doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Agree!

That is another thing Pioli and Haley seem to like...Versatility.

They just like guys that will work hard at whatever it is they ask of them. Ayer's fits this mold. Phil Taylor doesn't.
    I have to agree, Pioli and Haley do like versatility, speed, team captains, and low risk players. Ayers fits that better then any player of need.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12