Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Post-whores

Default Post-whores

I was just wondering if it might be beneficial to the site and it's members, if we were to add a forum specifically for post-whoring. Maybe a sub-forum, within the "lockerroom" forum.

That me be one way to assist in "filtering out" those posts, for our members who have asked for some way to get to football posts with less "Whoring".

For example, if a once-a-week member logs-on, he finds 3300 unread posts. If he goes to the "post-whoring" forum and marks the entire forum as "read", it may have a significant effect on the number of unread posts, that he would have to read, to catch-up on the football talk.

This would depend, of course, upon the useage of the "post-whoring" forum/sub-forum, but it may be worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    As I think about it more, the "lockerrom" really is just that. I suppose one could simply mark that forum as read and it would serve that exact purpose.
    Exactly my thoughts. The lockerroom is for senseless banter. The Hardcore Chiefs Forum is for Chiefs related topics. This doesn't mean that we won't have off-topic posts in Chiefs threads, it justs means that users are allowed to mark the Lockerroom Forum as read and that should substantially eliminate the # of unread posts.

$100 for the idea. $0 for it being implemented.

Great idea. Its hard to come and catch up on posts when u have 1K or more unread.

Welcome to Arrowhead

Quote Originally Posted by m0ebr0 View Post
    Great idea. Its hard to come and catch up on posts when u have 1K or more unread.
    Mark the Locker Room as read; you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Threads will take on a life of their own folks regardless of where they originate; I'm growing tired of beating this dead horse. I just think that if one cares enough about serious Chiefs or Football talk then they'll log onto the site more then once a week in which to share in a serious conversation.
    this is one of the reasons I enjoy message boards. There is nothing wrong with getting off topic every once in a while.

I don't spend every waking minute of my day talking about the Chiefs, so I don't see any reason to be different on a message board.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    this is one of the reasons I enjoy message boards. There is nothing wrong with getting off topic every once in a while.

I don't spend every waking minute of my day talking about the Chiefs, so I don't see any reason to be different on a message board.

...Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by m0ebr0 View Post
    Well, if you'd log on more, you wouldn't have as many to catch up on!

Man, I'm good at this solving problems thing!
    Everything happens for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    Well, if you'd log on more, you wouldn't have as many to catch up on!

Man, I'm good at this solving problems thing!
    Bucking for that Resident Crowd Problem Solver position eh?

Ok; done!

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    Hey, I may have been part of the problem, but at least I was able to come up with a viable solution! :p
    ;-)

You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

Threads will take on a life of their own folks regardless of where they originate; I'm growing tired of beating this dead horse. I just think that if one cares enough about serious Chiefs or Football talk then they'll log onto the site more then once a week in which to share in a serious conversation.
    I agree, however even logging in daily I've had a few times where the unread count is over 1000...

One thing that could help is lowering the number of "Admin" congrats posts....greeting new members is great, and notifying milestone posts is also...I'm just not sure 100 posts is a milestone any longer...

Or have the Admin Auto-post threads close upon creation so we don't have a stream of 50 congratulatory replies. (I'm guilty too)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

True we all post whore and I still find the conversations about the Chiefs in the threads. Every morning I log on there in about 600 posts and I go thru all of them. I am ok with that and I still find the things I want to talk about the Chiefs in those posts.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast