Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Post-whores

Default Post-whores

I was just wondering if it might be beneficial to the site and it's members, if we were to add a forum specifically for post-whoring. Maybe a sub-forum, within the "lockerroom" forum.

That me be one way to assist in "filtering out" those posts, for our members who have asked for some way to get to football posts with less "Whoring".

For example, if a once-a-week member logs-on, he finds 3300 unread posts. If he goes to the "post-whoring" forum and marks the entire forum as "read", it may have a significant effect on the number of unread posts, that he would have to read, to catch-up on the football talk.

This would depend, of course, upon the useage of the "post-whoring" forum/sub-forum, but it may be worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    I agree, however even logging in daily I've had a few times where the unread count is over 1000...

One thing that could help is lowering the number of "Admin" congrats posts....greeting new members is great, and notifying milestone posts is also...I'm just not sure 100 posts is a milestone any longer...

Or have the Admin Auto-post threads close upon creation so we don't have a stream of 50 congratulatory replies. (I'm guilty too)
    Something to be said for this, however, simply marking the Introduce Yourself to the Crowd forum as read will accomplish the same thing. Good point!

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    True we all post whore and I still find the conversations about the Chiefs in the threads. Every morning I log on there in about 600 posts and I go thru all of them. I am ok with that and I still find the things I want to talk about the Chiefs in those posts.
    Your support is appreciated.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234