Thread: My Final 2011 First Round Mock

Default My Final 2011 First Round Mock

This is my third attempt. I have a different Chiefs pick every time. There are going to be a lot of options at 21. Can't wait to see if Pioli agrees with me. I will do a 2nd round follow up real soon. Enjoy.

Taking It To The House: Final 2011 NFL First Round Mock

I am always happy with O-line picks.

castonzo was getting beat like a drum playing right tackle at the senior bowl...no way he plays left tackle in the nfl, especially over albert...i doubt hed even beat out richardson...hes stiff and his footwork is slow, sluggish, and looks clumsy...i could live with pouncey or wisneiwski in the 1st, but an OT would be a waste

richardson is young and will get better...i feel like these people mock us OTs every year regardless of need...OT was a much bigger need last year than it is this year and we didnt take one then either...i expect to see the same results

Quote Originally Posted by whatwasthat? View Post
    castonzo was getting beat like a drum playing right tackle at the senior bowl...no way he plays left tackle in the nfl, especially over albert...i doubt hed even beat out richardson...hes stiff and his footwork is slow, sluggish, and looks clumsy...i could live with pouncey or wisneiwski in the 1st, but an OT would be a waste

richardson is young and will get better...i feel like these people mock us OTs every year regardless of need...OT was a much bigger need last year than it is this year and we didnt take one then either...i expect to see the same results
    My guess would be that so many people mock The Chiefs to an OT because there have been none on the team for the past several years.

I think that we are sub-par at both OT positions, and very strong at OG, going three deep.

I am not sure I have ever seen anybody with the view that we need an OG more than on OT.

That is different.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    My guess would be that so many people mock The Chiefs to an OT because there have been none on the team for the past several years.

I think that we are sub-par at both OT positions, and very strong at OG, going three deep.

I am not sure I have ever seen anybody with the view that we need an OG more than on OT.

That is different.

brian waters played his worst season as a chief...pro bowl or not, he got manhandled last year, especially by richard seymore...same goes for wiegman...lilja is undersized as a guard, especially right guard...i feel the only strong player we have in the interior line is asamoah...and even he is a question mark at this point...

cassel had no pocket to step into all season...there was almost always a DT running over our interior linemen and getting into the backfield

we need depth at the OT position...not a 1st round draft pick in a weak class of tackles...

center is the biggest need on the line, followed by guard and OT depth
    Last edited by whatwasthat?; 04-16-2011 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whatwasthat? View Post
    brian waters played his worst season as a chief...pro bowl or not, he got manhandled last year, especially by richard seymore...same goes for wiegman...lilja is undersized as a guard, especially right guard...i feel the only strong player we have in the interior line is asamoah...and even he is a question mark at this point...

cassel had no pocket to step into all season...there was almost always a DT running over our interior linemen and getting into the backfield

we need depth at the OT position...not a 1st round draft pick in a weak class of tackles...

center is the biggest need on the line, followed by guard and OT depth
    Waters, if he was even half as terrible as you think, was still twice as effective as either OT. SO was Lilja though.

But I am not going to get too deep into this. If you say the sub-par OTs are the future, and the Pro-Bowl OGs are no good. Then there is no doubt that you and I see things from entirely different perspectives.

We need a fourth OG while we run with zero OTs. Fine.