Trade 1- Chiefs Trade pick#21 to New England (To Jump indy for an OT) receive Pick #28 and 74 (Round 3, Via Minnesota for Moss)
Trade 2- Chiefs Trade Pick # 53 (rnd 2) and Pick# 117 (rnd 4) to Detroit for Pick # 45 (rnd 2) (Detroit is Happy to get back a pick from KC for the Tampering situation, they actually move up a round, and KC makes sure they land their WR2)
Round 1 (Pick 28)- Akeem Ayers - OLB, UCLA
- High Character, Smart, Great Athlete, Team Captain (Leader), Versatile. Will step in opposite Tamba Hali to add Pass rush help, but can also cover (A weakness last year. ex: Todd heap in wild card game)
Round 2(Pick 45 from DET.)- Leonard Hankerson- WR MIAMI (FL)
- 3 year starter, overcame adversity (High profile prospect out of HS, had issues with drops years 1 & 2, worked with trainer in offseason btw years 2 &3 and had a breakout Jr. Season.) Set TD record Sr. season previously held by Micheal Irvin with 13td's. and 72 rec for 1,156yds. High school WR coach was Chris Carter (good mentor). Is Compared to Sindey Rice on CBS Sports.com. Will come in along with a FA we target to man the WR2 position opposite Bowe.
Round 3 (Pick 74 from NE)- Jerrell Powe- NT Ole Miss
- 3 year starter, High Character (only red flag was academics, but discovered he has dyslexia, and worked with a tutor to get grades up and graduate this spring), Team Captain, Played in SEC, Has history with McCluster, and Lewis that will help him fit in to the Chiefs Team atmosphere. Will come in and Rotate at NT with Ron Edwards (If we re-sign) or another FA we bring in.
Round 3 (Pick 85)- Marcus Gilbert- OT Florida
- High Character, Smart, 3 year starter, versatile (Played both LT and RT), Been on championship team (carries a winning attitude), Hard worker, Played in SEC. Pioli watched at Sr. Bowl. will come in to compete with Richardson at RT and add depth at both tackle positions.
Round 5 (Pick 141)- Tim Barnes- C Mizzou
- Local Product, 3 year starter, Manned a complex NFL- like offense, Great Run Blocker. Will come in and compete for starting center position (If Wieiggeman retires) If Weiggmann stays, will groom to succeed Weiggmann.
Round 5 (Pick 148)- Greg McElroy- QB Alabama
- Leader, Extremely Smart, Pioli type attitude. Has won a National Championship, 3 year starter in SEC. Will come in and Man the backup QB position better than the other former Alabama QB. Will be groomed behind Cassel to potentially succeed him when he is gone.
Round 7 (Pick 213- Chris Culliver- DB/Saftey South Carolina
- Versitile has played both corner and Safety, Has Kick return abilities, experienced player (3 year starter in SEC), stock is down due to injury, but has recovered nicely. Will come in and add safety depth behind Lewis and Berry. And also ad KR and PR options along with Arenas and McCluster.
This mock allows us to add potential starters at multiple areas of need, and focuses on "Pioli Type" prospects (High character, leaders, versatile, and experienced). Of Course like most mocks this is a toss up and will change depending on how the cards fall on draft day, but I just had fun putting this together. All in all I trust Pioli to make the right decisions (He has so far) in building this team the right way. And I am excited for next week!