Thread: My Final 7rd Mock with Trades!

Default My Final 7rd Mock with Trades!

Trade 1- Chiefs Trade pick#21 to New England (To Jump indy for an OT) receive Pick #28 and 74 (Round 3, Via Minnesota for Moss)

Trade 2- Chiefs Trade Pick # 53 (rnd 2) and Pick# 117 (rnd 4) to Detroit for Pick # 45 (rnd 2) (Detroit is Happy to get back a pick from KC for the Tampering situation, they actually move up a round, and KC makes sure they land their WR2)

Round 1 (Pick 28)- Akeem Ayers - OLB, UCLA
    - High Character, Smart, Great Athlete, Team Captain (Leader), Versatile. Will step in opposite Tamba Hali to add Pass rush help, but can also cover (A weakness last year. ex: Todd heap in wild card game)

Round 2(Pick 45 from DET.)- Leonard Hankerson- WR MIAMI (FL)
    - 3 year starter, overcame adversity (High profile prospect out of HS, had issues with drops years 1 & 2, worked with trainer in offseason btw years 2 &3 and had a breakout Jr. Season.) Set TD record Sr. season previously held by Micheal Irvin with 13td's. and 72 rec for 1,156yds. High school WR coach was Chris Carter (good mentor). Is Compared to Sindey Rice on CBS Sports.com. Will come in along with a FA we target to man the WR2 position opposite Bowe.

Round 3 (Pick 74 from NE)- Jerrell Powe- NT Ole Miss
    - 3 year starter, High Character (only red flag was academics, but discovered he has dyslexia, and worked with a tutor to get grades up and graduate this spring), Team Captain, Played in SEC, Has history with McCluster, and Lewis that will help him fit in to the Chiefs Team atmosphere. Will come in and Rotate at NT with Ron Edwards (If we re-sign) or another FA we bring in.

Round 3 (Pick 85)- Marcus Gilbert- OT Florida
    - High Character, Smart, 3 year starter, versatile (Played both LT and RT), Been on championship team (carries a winning attitude), Hard worker, Played in SEC. Pioli watched at Sr. Bowl. will come in to compete with Richardson at RT and add depth at both tackle positions.

Round 5 (Pick 141)- Tim Barnes- C Mizzou
    - Local Product, 3 year starter, Manned a complex NFL- like offense, Great Run Blocker. Will come in and compete for starting center position (If Wieiggeman retires) If Weiggmann stays, will groom to succeed Weiggmann.

Round 5 (Pick 148)- Greg McElroy- QB Alabama
    - Leader, Extremely Smart, Pioli type attitude. Has won a National Championship, 3 year starter in SEC. Will come in and Man the backup QB position better than the other former Alabama QB. Will be groomed behind Cassel to potentially succeed him when he is gone.

Round 7 (Pick 213- Chris Culliver- DB/Saftey South Carolina
    - Versitile has played both corner and Safety, Has Kick return abilities, experienced player (3 year starter in SEC), stock is down due to injury, but has recovered nicely. Will come in and add safety depth behind Lewis and Berry. And also ad KR and PR options along with Arenas and McCluster.

This mock allows us to add potential starters at multiple areas of need, and focuses on "Pioli Type" prospects (High character, leaders, versatile, and experienced). Of Course like most mocks this is a toss up and will change depending on how the cards fall on draft day, but I just had fun putting this together. All in all I trust Pioli to make the right decisions (He has so far) in building this team the right way. And I am excited for next week!

That is interesting to say the least. I don't see Ayers being on the board at #28, but would be sweet to get him and an extra pick. Lots of good talent on that mock draft, and would not mind any of those guys. Good Job!

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    That is interesting to say the least. I don't see Ayers being on the board at #28, but would be sweet to get him and an extra pick. Lots of good talent on that mock draft, and would not mind any of those guys. Good Job!
    Yeah I was iffy about Ayers being there at 28 as well. I looked at a number of mocks and he was going anywhere from 18 to SD (The earliest I have seen him off the board, and only 1 mock had this) to 30 with the Jets.

A few had him at 21 with us, a few had him at 28 with NE, and 1 had him going to New Orleans.

So seeing that he was projected mainly at 21 and 28 I figured it is a possibility to make that trade, if not just grab him at 21.

I don't think SD will take him, but NYJ, NJG and NE are interested in him. They also have other needs, so it is possible to get him at 28, but I won't bet at it.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

I wouldnt hate it...I'd prefer to receive different picks from the pats though.

KC gets: NE 2nd round picks (33 and 60) 33 is the first pick on day 2 so Pioli would have an entire night to make adjustments to his board, and pick whoever he wants on the 2nd day.

NE gets: KC 1st (21) and 5th (140)

2(33)-A. Ayers OLB UCLA (he could very possibly drop this far) Brooks Reed OLB Arizona if Ayers is gone.

2(55)-S. Wisniewski OC Penn St

2(60)-Kenrick Ellis NT Hampton

3(86)-Edmond Gates WR Abilene Christian

4(118)-D.J. Williams TE Arkansas

5(135)-Jah Reid OT/OG UCF

6(199)-T.J. Yates QB N. Carolina

7(223)-Chris Culliver S S. Carolina
    Last edited by whatwasthat?; 04-19-2011 at 02:52 PM.

Just a coincidence??

NFL.com has a story talking about Belichick discussing the topic of draft day trades. Belichick said that there are a lot of teams all over the board calling them about trades to move up or move back.

he goes on to quote this "If (teams) want to deal, we might be one of the teams they want to talk to. ... I think it's always a hard thing to predict," Belichick said. "So much depends on the actual names on the board and ... you're not trading for pick No. 21, you're trading for a specific player you want to take with that pick."

Don't know if for some reason pick#21 stood out in his head?? Has Pioli already talked to Ole' Billy?? One can only wonder??

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Just a coincidence??

NFL.com has a story talking about Belichick discussing the topic of draft day trades. Belichick said that there are a lot of teams all over the board calling them about trades to move up or move back.

he goes on to quote this "If (teams) want to deal, we might be one of the teams they want to talk to. ... I think it's always a hard thing to predict," Belichick said. "So much depends on the actual names on the board and ... you're not trading for pick No. 21, you're trading for a specific player you want to take with that pick."

Don't know if for some reason pick#21 stood out in his head?? Has Pioli already talked to Ole' Billy?? One can only wonder??

i saw that too and its very intriguing...maybe hes just smokescreening and trying to help out his ole buddy pioli, or maybe hes legitimately considering it

Excellent work. Would be thrilled with this draft. I prefer Houston over Ayers but would not complain one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by tdehoff View Post
    Excellent work. Would be thrilled with this draft. I prefer Houston over Ayers but would not complain one bit.
    Thanks!

aldon smith or justin houston if available . if not then they should trade out