Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Mock

Default My Mock

1.Akeem Ayers OLB-Some of you know me already. I'm a huge defense first kinda guy. Getting someone opposite Hali would be HUGE for our defense.

2.Jon Baldwin WR-The Chiefs need another BIG time receiver whether it's a #1 or #2. The WR corp is horrible behind Bowe.

3.Quinton Carter S-Jon McGraw is NOT a starting safety in the NFL... PERIOD.

4.Phil Taylor NT-The Chiefs DESPERATELY have needed a NT to build their 3-4 defense on. Taylor was diagnosed with some issue in his foot which will make him fall out of the first round IMO. I'm not sure how much it will hurt him. The guys in the front office have a better idea but idk if I'd let first round talent fall too much further than the 4th round.

5.Joseph Barksdale OT-This guy could just as easily go in the mid second round as fall to the 6th. So, I'm taking him here. I think there's a good chance he falls. Just call it a hunch. He would represent great value in the 5th and plug in immediately at RT.

5b.Jerrell Powe NT-Nose tackle is a position that needs to be at least 2 deep. Fua in the 5th would be a great pick up.

6.Kris O'Dowd C-Wiegman may retire. The Chiefs should've found a replacement before now. O'Dowd is a pure center. Mean, nasty O-Lineman... PERFECT center. I genuinely believe this guy is COMPLETELY underrated and will be a good pro.

7.Jeremy Kerley WR-Kerley can stretch the field at wideout and he's a guy the Pats have shown a ton of interest in... Pioli steals this guy from Bill just for fun.

Nice work, I hope the chiefs can get a talented draft class this year like the last. Love Ayers with our 1st rounder! And you have some good late round picks.

Only bad thing I would say is that it seems like you have a lot of talent falling far.

I don't think Baldwin will be there when we pick in the 2nd, plus Not sure if he is a Pioli Guy.

Taylor probably won't fall that far, Everywhere I have seen his name has been projected in the 1st. Also not a Pioli type attitude.

Powe is projected more of a 3rd round guy, and O'dowd will probably go higher too.

It would be nice to land steals like this, but I really think most of the talent you have in this draft will go higher than the rounds you have them projected.

Good work though!

Phil Taylor's foot problem was a rumor that was drummed up to get him to drop to someone in the 2nd. They've come out and said this isn't a problem and he'll more than likely go in the 1st. If we got half of these guys I'd be happier than a frenchman in a room of oysters.

I do like the Ayers pick although while I like defensive picks our offensive line is already old and we're not addressing it. Yes I know we took Asamoah last year but taking one guy is not addressing the line issue. Waters may have another effective year left, Weigman is either done or will be done after this year and Richardson is NOT a starting tackle. Not to mention that after Asamoah who do we have that could step up to start and be effective? ...if you don't hear the crickets chirping you should.

I like the ayers pick the most. Taylor won't fall to the 4th round IMO. This draft addresses our most pressing needs in order. But I think we will see a best player available draft strategy again this year. I won't be shocked if we take a cb in the first 3 rounds.
    WR is our single biggest need IMO. Any team that signs a guy like Kevin Curtis the week before their playoff game and then starts him has a major need at WR. That's not to say that we should take a WR in the 1st rd. But it will be addressed multiple times in this draft and it better be one of our first 3 picks. The lack of free agency really changes the draft strategy for everyone.

At least we know who out qb is. There will be a lot of qb's come off the board in the first 3 rounds because of the lack of free agency.

I like the ayers pick the most. Taylor won't fall to the 4th round IMO. This draft addresses our most pressing needs in order. But I think we will see a best player available draft strategy again this year. I won't be shocked if we take a cb in the first 3 rounds.
    WR is our single biggest need IMO. Any team that signs a guy like Kevin Curtis the week before their playoff game and then starts him has a major need at WR. That's not to say that we should take a WR in the 1st rd. But it will be addressed multiple times in this draft and it better be one of our first 3 picks. The lack of free agency really changes the draft strategy for everyone.

At least we know who out qb is. There will be a lot of qb's come off the board in the first 3 rounds because of the lack of free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post

Agreed!

I know there wont be one available at 21 worthy of that pick, but I really see us trying to grab one in the 2nd like Hankerson, or Torrey Smith. I could see us trading up to make sure we land the guy we want. (I know Hankerson has been for a visit, and was a stud at the Sr. Bowl which pioli likes) so maybe we go grab him (I have us trading up to get him in my mock)

The QB's coming off early should help us get a pass rusher and a WR. If this draft is 75% of last year it will be a home run. Now if the greed subsides, we can play some football

if we just replicate what we did last year we can only get better.... ill be at the steelers game. you can all join me

i meant replicate what we did in the draft by the way

A reply so good it bore repeating.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast