Thread: Julio Jones as our 1st round pick?

Default Julio Jones as our 1st round pick?

I was just reading a mock draft (WalterFootball) who from everything I've seen knows his stuff. Reading the second round they've got us taking a WR which is all fine and good but the blurb there says "I just learned that the Chiefs want to trade up for Julio Jones. I don't know if that'll be possible". http://walterfootball.com/draft2011_2.php

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

That would be Flipin Awesome! I don't know though. we would be moving up quite a bit, and I don't know if we have the fire power to get us that high. (Pioli has a history of moving back and picking up more picks, not necessarily moving up, so we will see.)

I would love to land Julio Jones, and could you imagine?? it would be similar to Haley having Fitz and Boldin. And you've gotta think that it's killing him that he hasn't had a good WR2 since landing in KC, He might be putting a bug in Pioli's ear saying "Hey I WANT THIS DUDE NOW!"

Would be awesome if it happens, Haven't heard any news on it, but I would be ecstatic!

I was doing some looking on this and it was basically said that this was a rumor to try and drum up Julio Jones or get others to look at him and maybe trade up to get him. What really sucks is that the lockout is on, if it wasn't we could say to Arizona hey look we're gonna trade up to get Julio Jones but if you give us Fitz for x we wont' bother. BAH!! Stupid lockout!

Nah, don't see them moving up for Julio. They'd have to move to 9 to ensure getting him (Washington may look at 10). If he falls farther, then maybe more chance they move up.

I'd rather they move down and acquire picks though. Don't see any can't miss guys at 21, feel like it's too much to give up future picks to get Julio. There may be a QB needy team looking to move back into the 1st round ahead of Seattle that is a good suitor to trade down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Nah, don't see them moving up for Julio. They'd have to move to 9 to ensure getting him (Washington may look at 10). If he falls farther, then maybe more chance they move up.

I'd rather they move down and acquire picks though. Don't see any can't miss guys at 21, feel like it's too much to give up future picks to get Julio. There may be a QB needy team looking to move back into the 1st round ahead of Seattle that is a good suitor to trade down.
    washington has a lot of holes to fill...WR isnt a sure thing...if julio makes it to Detroit at 13 (right in front of st louis), the draft position point chart matches up perfectly for our 1st and 2nd...just an interesting coincidence

13=1,150

21=800
    +
    55=350

If they trade up for a WR I would rather them go after A.J. Green from UGA.

Quote Originally Posted by whatwasthat? View Post
    washington has a lot of holes to fill...WR isnt a sure thing...if julio makes it to Detroit at 13 (right in front of st louis), the draft position point chart matches up perfectly for our 1st and 2nd...just an interesting coincidence

13=1,150

21=800
    +
    55=350

I like Julio but don't think he is worth loosing our 2nd rounder this year. we still have too many holes to fill. and this years 2nd rounder should be able to come in and help right away.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    If they trade up for a WR I would rather them go after A.J. Green from UGA.

im sure anyone would...but that would require at least giving up our 1st next year as well...probably more

falcons is a good spot for him to land. They are going to be ultra dangerous offensively.