Thread: Lockout over, Free Ageny open?

Default Lockout over, Free Ageny open?

Just following Albert Breer's timeline on Twitter (Reporter for NFL Network):

Brady class lawyers Jeffrey Kessler and Jim Quinn just sent mass email to players and agents, declaring the league year open. I have a copy.

Quinn/Kessler on NFL pursuing stay: "Unless and until such a request is granted, however, we believe the 2011 League Year now has to begin."

Quinn/Kessler: "The NFL and the Clubs cannot collectively continue to refuse to deal with players. It is our view that the NFL ...

"...&the Clubs will be in contempt of court if they do not comply with the order unless & until they hear differently from the 8th Circuit."

That email just went to players and agents, from Quinn & Kessler, sayings FA should be open, players be allowed to work out, meet w/coaches.

From the sounds of it, the lockout is over until the 8th circuit rules, thus Free Agency and trades will be open! Great news!

I think that it needs just a team that makes a new contract, and free agency will begin.
    I've read that Giants let their player use team facilities and talk to coaches. Some other teams should follow, and signing free agents is one step ahead.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

C'mon free agency!! I wanna see a regular draft with player trades and draft position movement!

http://nfllabor.com/2011/04/28/nfl-s...on-operations/

Yeah!!! It's officially over (for now)
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

This is great news. The better news will be when/if the owners appeal fails. Then I think the lockout and this whole mess will end quickly

Just heard on EPSN that John Clayton was reporting that even though the lockout is over, that as of tomorrow at 8am the Season will begin as usual but..... No transactions can happen. The only things that will go on is that Teams can move on with player and coach interaction, coaches can hand out playbooks, they can have meetings and watch film, see training staff, and start planning for OTA's and Mini Camps.

Clayton went on to say that there will be more word tomorrow, but it looks like Monday will be when team can begin to complete transactions (this includes trades, free agent signings, re-signing players, and cutting players.)

so unfortunately we will not be able to see players traded for draft picks in the 2011 draft this weekend.

2011 NFL Draft: The Lockout Is over but Can the NFL Block Draft-Day Trades? | Bleacher Report

"The court hasn't ordered free agency to start yet, but, should the Seattle Seahawks wish to send their fifth-round pick to the Cincinnati Bengals for Carson Palmer, there might not be anything that precludes them from doing so."

So it looks like the first team to do it will start the avalanche of player trading. Game ON!

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    2011 NFL Draft: The Lockout Is over but Can the NFL Block Draft-Day Trades? | Bleacher Report

"The court hasn't ordered free agency to start yet, but, should the Seattle Seahawks wish to send their fifth-round pick to the Cincinnati Bengals for Carson Palmer, there might not be anything that precludes them from doing so."

So it looks like the first team to do it will start the avalanche of player trading. Game ON!
    Interesting... we will see.