Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game changing mistakes... do you hold a grudge?

Default Game changing mistakes... do you hold a grudge?

When you see a NFL player make a game changing mistake, do you hold a grudge against that player?
    Feel the rush...

Quote Originally Posted by Scout200 View Post
    When you see a NFL player make a game changing mistake, do you hold a grudge against that player?
    No, but I hold grudges against the refs making constant and repticious bad calls!!!!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    No, but I hold grudges against the refs making constant and repticious bad calls!!!!
    Agreed! Nicely said!
    Feel the rush...

Personally speaking, if I held a grudge against every player whoever made a mistake on the field, that would be everyone lol. Throwing a pick, dropping a pass, a fumble, its called football... Players are only human! But if it happens consistently, then there's a problem...
    Feel the rush...

not for the occasional bonehead play, as long as it is offset by some good plays

When it happens in more than one game yes, I am still upset with Bowe for not having the right focus, I would prob not say that about him but he thinks he is primetime and a showoff. He will play poorly one week and then the next he is the bomb and all of a sudden he thinks he is Jerry Rice or something. Be the bomb for an entire season and stay humble, Win the Superbowl and showoff all you want.

I tend to be unable to not hold a grudge. But then, I also can't hold one as long as alot of people.

D-Bo being the poster boy for this topic, I was really, really down on him after a couple fo games early this past season. Eve though I had defended him all off-season.

And I still have the big mistakes in mind whenever Bowe is mentioned.

But, with all of the positives he brought last year, I just can't hold a grudge against a guy who is doing so much for us.

So, in conclusion....

I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Scout200 View Post
    Personally speaking, if I held a grudge against every player whoever made a mistake on the field, that would be everyone lol. Throwing a pick, dropping a pass, a fumble, its called football... Players are only human! But if it happens consistently, then there's a problem...
    I agree. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazeye View Post
    When it happens in more than one game yes, I am still upset with Bowe for not having the right focus, I would prob not say that about him but he thinks he is primetime and a showoff. He will play poorly one week and then the next he is the bomb and all of a sudden he thinks he is Jerry Rice or something. Be the bomb for an entire season and stay humble, Win the Superbowl and showoff all you want.
    In all fairness, I'm gonna disagree with you related to Bowes inner character, because...I know better. He is humble, much more than is perceived of him. He is a very nice guy, very polite towards every fan I know who has interacted with him one on one, including myself. He has a big genuine heart, and very dedicated to his foundation, of which helps unrecognized and non acknowledged grandparents who are raising their grandkids. He has deep geniune faith & spirituality, and humbly thanks God for every good play he makes on the field, without fail. In every commentary he makes he states, "God First". If he were as arrogant as some perceive him to be...he would thank only himself for his athletic talent, skills, & success, rather not thank "God First."

That said, I've had a soft spot for Bowe since the Chiefs drafted him, recognizing in him the athletic talent & skill of a #1 WR and Pro Bowler. A WR, like most young WR's, who simply needed time to adjust, develop with his team, and be put with a QB of which he had a solid relationship/friendship with on & off the field. He has that in Matt Cassel, and the accomplishments we witnessed Bowe achieve last season are a result of all the above coming together, in a time span it does for most WR's...their 3rd-5th year.

Lastly, fair warning...I'm defender of all things Bowe, I have Bowe show tunnel vision, LMAO! Seriously, he's evolved into my favorite current Chiefs player for justified reasons both on & off the field. :)

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I do not hold a grudge for the occasional bonehead play, all players do that, but if you continually show that you cannot do the basic elements of your job and yet act like you are the best that ever played the game, then you are going to get on the $4!T list.

Bowe hit that list this last season. He has long way to go to get off of it. I am sure he is hte nicest, sweatest, most humble person on the planet, but he is also paid to do one thing, and that is catch a football in the game. All the rest of that stuff is nice, but it means nothing if you are not doing your basic job.

I want classy players on my favorite team, but I also want them to do their job and win. I believe you can have both.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I do not hold a grudge for the occasional bonehead play, all players do that, but if you continually show that you cannot do the basic elements of your job and yet act like you are the best that ever played the game, then you are going to get on the $4!T list.

Bowe hit that list this last season. He has long way to go to get off of it. I am sure he is hte nicest, sweatest, most humble person on the planet, but he is also paid to do one thing, and that is catch a football in the game. All the rest of that stuff is nice, but it means nothing if you are not doing your basic job.

I want classy players on my favorite team, but I also want them to do their job and win. I believe you can have both.
    He finished the season ranked as one of the NFL's top WR's, #7 in receiving yards @ 1162, #1 in TD's @ 15, only 1 fumble, made the Pro Bowl. By most standards, he is considered a winning WR. He's never going to be perfect, no one is. :/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast