Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Chiefs on the Clock!

Default Chiefs on the Clock!

Everyone we were interested in is still there. I wonder who it will be!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Best draft that Pioli has had with the Chiefs thus far. No reaches & great value picks from top to bottom.

I think Balwin was a bit of a reach, and we bypassed some really good talent to get him, however the back end of that trade makes our management look excellent.

I believe all chiefs fans would have used our first to get both Balwin and Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    I believe all chiefs fans would have used our first to get both Balwin and Houston.

Great Point!
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

i personally would not have picked balwin, but after watching film an listening to the "experts" i now think he will be the missing part of our receiver puzzle

I love the pick. As long as he turns out to be solid, not all pro or pro bowler, just solid, our offense will be silly. Who do you cover? Charles? McCluster? Moeaki? Bowe? Baldwin? Even Gabe Miller could get goaline TE snaps like Vrable. Man this offense has the ability to be scary!!!
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

He will surely give us more optionsand thats a good thing. We were waaaaay to predictable last season.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    I think Balwin was a bit of a reach, and we bypassed some really good talent to get him, however the back end of that trade makes our management look excellent.

Baldwin was not a reach at #26. If he had played at Stanford last year where they had a good QB, instead of Pitt where they didn't have a good QB, he would have put up much better numbers & more than likely would not have got past the Rams at #14.

Baldwin has as much talent as any player that was available at #26 and was projected by many to go in the late 1st round. Baldwin also has as much talent as either AJ Green or Julio Jones and he's coming to a place where the head coach, Haley, will get the most out of him.

Taking Baldwin at #21 would have been a reach. Trading down to #27 and getting to pick him up at #26 makes him a great value pick.

He's nearly 6-5, 228 lbs, runs a 4.45 40, with flypaper hands & he's going to make a huge impact and force opposing defenses to defend the entire field instead of stacking 8 men in the box.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011