Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs on the Clock!

Default Chiefs on the Clock!

Everyone we were interested in is still there. I wonder who it will be!

should be an improvement over jackson. or could be they are going to move dorsey to NT and bailey replaces him at DE

Quote Originally Posted by buffman316 View Post
    DE Allen Bailey Miami Pick number 86
    I have to say I am very confused by this pick...

I can only think that they want to move dorsey. I have heard coaches go on record saying dorsey is strong enough to play NT. So that is the only thing I can think. They must be trying to produce pressure with the D line.

My guess is Dorsey to NT.
    The Chiefs are Back!

Just because we draft someone in the 3rd rd doesn't mean there are any plans for him to take over a starting spot.

we still have edwards and smith who were both very serviceable. So as much I wanted a vince wilfork... I think it would have been phil taylor. that said Bailey looks like a freak, reminds me of justin tuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Just because we draft someone in the 3rd rd doesn't mean there are any plans for him to take over a starting spot.
    That is very true, but I feel like with gales and gilberry we have DE depth. I was thinkin that we would add depth to some weaker and mainly older positions. We have 2 young starting DEs that are eatin up some serious cap.

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    That is very true, but I feel like with gales and gilberry we have DE depth. I was thinkin that we would add depth to some weaker and mainly older positions. We have 2 young starting DEs that are eatin up some serious cap.
    I'm going to retract my statement. After watching Allen Bailewy's tape, he and Gilberry both look better than Tyson Jackson. And not by a little bit. Allen Bailey looks like he could be the steal of this draft. This is quickly turning into a great draft for the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I'm going to retract my statement. After watching Allen Bailewy's tape, he and Gilberry both look better than Tyson Jackson. And not by a little bit. Allen Bailey looks like he could be the steal of this draft. This is quickly turning into a great draft for the Chiefs.
    Gilberry rushes the passer well ( even if it means ignoring his responsibilities ), but only managed 23 tackles in his play time vs Jackson's 31 in 4 less games and his second year. Part of this is because he's not playing 2 gaps like he is expected to and instead likes to shoot gaps. That act gets him some sacks, but makes him a liability for the defensive scheme as a whole. In other words, as a 3-4 DE, Jackson is already better than Gilberry, but fans see the sack total and don't understand the scheme & responsibilities.

Bailey is only 285 and I wonder about his strength in a 5 tech - I think KC tries to stand him up at OLB ( he use to play LB fyi ).

Anyhow, this should be Jackson's year to show what kind of 3-4 DE he's going to be in the NFL. With KC's 3-4, you should see him making tackles ( not sacks so much ), so beyond watching the games, that stat shooting up would be a good indicator of success.

...and we have a new Allen at DE!! :)
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast