Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs on the Clock!

Default Chiefs on the Clock!

Everyone we were interested in is still there. I wonder who it will be!

Quote Originally Posted by Xanathol View Post
    Gilberry rushes the passer well ( even if it means ignoring his responsibilities ), but only managed 23 tackles in his play time vs Jackson's 31 in 4 less games and his second year. Part of this is because he's not playing 2 gaps like he is expected to and instead likes to shoot gaps. That act gets him some sacks, but makes him a liability for the defensive scheme as a whole. In other words, as a 3-4 DE, Jackson is already better than Gilberry, but fans see the sack total and don't understand the scheme & responsibilities.

Bailey is only 285 and I wonder about his strength in a 5 tech - I think KC tries to stand him up at OLB ( he use to play LB fyi ).

Anyhow, this should be Jackson's year to show what kind of 3-4 DE he's going to be in the NFL. With KC's 3-4, you should see him making tackles ( not sacks so much ), so beyond watching the games, that stat shooting up would be a good indicator of success.
    excellent analysis, good use of logic and stats.....however gilberry seems to have a higher motor and is more effective on passing downs. tyson is overpaid for his performance and is at this point a "bust". gilberry does need to improve his rush defense but tyson needs to improve both pass and rush. bailey may be for depth or to push tyson to get better or get out, either way is good for the team.

Got to love the Chiefs picks so far! They have addressed a lot of the team needs. I think they move up in the 4th round to take Powe to address the NT problem.
    I think we could see Franklin and Light in free agency. That would make a very good off season.

They need to go get Stanzi with this pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    They need to go get Stanzi with this pick.
    Jalil Brown. Let's hope ther is a serviceable backup QB when we pick at the top of the 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Jalil Brown. Let's hope ther is a serviceable backup QB when we pick at the top of the 5th.
    Jalil looks like a backup CB

hmmm... I was hoping cannon right there. But 6'1" over 200lbs. they could be thinking safety with this guy.

there you go coach... got him. Perfect pick there!!!!

see ya later brody i love the pick of stanzi

What about Gabe Miller.......kind of interesting, isn't it? I could almost say with his size and speed, possibly they may move him to middle linebacker. Anyone else have any thoughts?

They must think he's a special teams player. reports are he doesn't have the ability to play OLB and he doesn't have the size to play DE. A curious pick in my opinion.
    Where is our NT?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast