4 13.33%
  • 4 games (division only then playoffs)

0 0%
  • 8 games (1/2 of the regular season)

6 20.00%
  • 16 games (full season)

20 66.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much of a season will there be?

Default How much of a season will there be?

I am getting very skeptical of there being a 16 game regular season. Just wanted to see where everybody else is.

I'm going to say 12, but that's not an option...

0 games

No way there's football with the buffoons that are deemed in charge.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

If it is a short season, all of the stats will need an asterisk next to them to explain the stats are on a shorter season. I use to be a huge fan of the NFL.........but I have lost a lot of respect for both the owners and players. In the end, (which is where this gets fans), the NFL will come out a weaker league.

No training camp but a deal will be struck right before the season starts..probably no preseason games either.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I think a deal will get done before the season starts. Both sides will lose money if a deal isn't done before the season begins.

I just have a really good felling that after the ruling on June 3rd they will get a side done soon after that. I don't think there going to miss any games.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I'm not real confident in either the players or owners, given the recent evidence we've seen about their ability to get a deal done.

I believe the owners will field a team for a season of football. They will be professional football players. To not do so? Television contracts will be compromised, for future deals. Advertisement money will be less for all involved, including any player endorsements income, all sides lose. Deal will be made if not, so be it, I will be done, if no games are played.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 05-18-2011 at 11:23 PM.

I read an atricle earlier in a Bleacher Report, of which the author's opinion I tend to agree with. Below is a portion of that article, authored by 'Aaron Mee'.

The owners stand to lose very little money through this whole ordeal. This however, is only a small part of the reason the owners are in the drivers seat for these negotiations. Many owners, or their families will be making money from their respective NFL teams for decades after the draft class of 2011 rides off into the sunset.

Also worth thinking about is that by time Von Miller, the #2 pick of the 2011 draft was born in 1989, his boss, Pat Bowlen had owned the Denver Broncos for five years. Champ Bailey, 32, who in all likelihood just signed his last big contract shortly before the lockout, was a mere 6 years old when Bowlen bought the Broncos for $78 million.

These owners can afford to wait. The players cannot.
    Players the age of Champ Bailey very rarely get another big contract. This is a league that generally gives players away as soon as they hit 32-33 years of age. The window of opportunity for players to make big money is very small.

In other words, the players should be in a far greater hurry to get a deal done than the owners, and thus the NFL will simply wait for the players to crawl back to the table this summer, where they will give the league exactly what it wants.

This was never a negotiation, because it never needed to be.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast