Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nfl's Worst Qb Draft History

Default Nfl's Worst Qb Draft History

and unfortunately it belongs to the CHIEFS.

Brodie Croyle
    Pat Barnes
    Danny McManus
    Mike Elkins-30th
    Matt Blundin 40th
    Steve Mathews
    Steve Stenstrom
    Doug Hudson
    Todd Blackledge 7th
    Bob Gagliano
    Steve Fuller
    Pete Woods
    David Jaynes
    Dean Carlson
    Mike Livingston
    Eddie Wilson

what a who's who list, ya gotta say "Who???" after most of these names.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    There's been quite a few & another guy not on the list is Pete Beathard from 1963.

Stanzi, thankfully, is being drafted to replace Brodie Croyle, and if he manages to defy history and become a quality starting QB for the Chiefs, then it will be a nice bonus.
    i think beathard was signed as a FA or traded for since he did not appear as a draftee in the CHIEFS Draft History

my bad , we drafted pete beatherd in 1964 1st pick.we also drafted as the Dallas Texans:
    Pat Trammel
    Walt Rappold
    Dick Thornton
    Bob Schloredt

we also drafted roger stabach but as we all know so did the boys and he signed w/them...figures the one true superstar QB we draft signs w/another team.

I never knew we drafted Danny McManus, he was an all star in the CFL, slow as a fire hydrant but had a canon of an arm

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    steve fuller 1979-1986 28 TD, 41 INT, 7156 yds passer rating 70.1

i don't think he was an integral part of any team, his best year i believe was with KC, and it was downhill from there.
    Eww... those are some pretty ugly numbers. The guy still has a super bowl ring, but that is not a good "pro" career.

Well, I have to disagree with Mike Livingston being on that list. He was drafted in 1968. The following year...he started 6 games in 1969 as a result of Dawson being injured...all 6 games were won, and we went on to win the AFL Championship and Super Bowl IV that very year. He was also named an AFL All Star in 1969, and many sports analysts credit Livingston with contributing a great deal to our 1969 winning season & SB IV Championship.

Whose to say that without Livingston starting those 6 games won...if we would've made playoffs & went on to win Super Bowl IV...our only Super Bowl Championship. :)

Here's his stat history that year from Wiki:

He was drafted by Kansas City in the second round of the 1968 he was drafted by Kansas City in the second round of the 1968 Common Draft from Southern Methodist University. As a backup to starter Len Dawson during the Chiefs' American Football League and World Championship season in 1969, Livingston started six games, threw for 1123 yards, was 84 of 161, with four touchdowns. The Chiefs won all six games and later went on the win Super Bowl IV, although Livingston was no longer at the helm.
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 05-05-2011 at 01:55 AM.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Connie, i agree he did contribute to the CHIEFS season but as an NFL QB here are his career stAts

1968-1980 56TD 83 INT 11,295 yds Rating 63.3

he is in one of my favorite highlights ever when he rolls right to pass and the reff throws his flag and it hits livingston right in his face mask and because of the weight it gets stuck there.

i'm sorry to have to disagree with you Connie, Mike does belong on the list of bad QBs drafted, and on the list of NFL's funniest bloopers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12