Thread: Chiefs Select DE Allen Bailey

Default Chiefs Select DE Allen Bailey

The more tape I watch on Allen Bailey, the more excited I get. This guy is an athletic freak of nature. Benches 420lbs. 6'3" 285lbs and still has a 36 inch vertical and ran the 40yd in 4.7secs. How is this guy not a 1st round pick for someone? He has speed and has a nasty bull rush due to strength. Check out this video.

NFL Videos: 2011 Draft Profile - DT Allen Bailey, Miami (Fla)

Tyson Jackson better bring his "A" game to camp this year of he will not see the field.
    Last edited by Coach; 04-29-2011 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    The more tape I watch on Allen Bailey, the more excited I get. This guy is an athletic freak of nature. Benches 420lbs. 6'3" 285lbs and still has a 36 inch vertical and ran the 40yd in 4.7secs. How is this guy not a 1st round pick for someone? He has speed and has a nasty bull rush due to strength. Check out this video.

NFL Videos: 2011 Draft Profile - DT Allen Bailey, Miami (Fla)

Tyson Jackson better bring his "A" game to camp this year of he will not see the field.
    Well, we want that any way, but why? I don't see a 285 lb former LB playing a 5 tech - chances are, AB is tried at OLB. His strength at 5 tech is questionable - he was on the outside in college, which is a different story. Good pickup, but probably not competing with Tyson for a position.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanathol View Post
    Well, we want that any way, but why? I don't see a 285 lb former LB playing a 5 tech - chances are, AB is tried at OLB. His strength at 5 tech is questionable - he was on the outside in college, which is a different story. Good pickup, but probably not competing with Tyson for a position.
    Possibly but he seems too heavy to play OLB an considering he's chiseled in stone at 288 lbs he's not likely to go down in weight.

I thinks it's likely that a 22 yr old kid could likely grow a little more. It wouldn't shock me to see the coaches ask him to put on 20 lbs and play with his hand in the dirt like he did in college. Adding 20 lbs for a guy his size wouldnt take more than a couple of weeks.

Either way, he has the size and quickness to wreak havoc in the backfield. I'm sure Romeo will find a way to use him.

i can see him putting on 15lbs and playing DE in a 3-4

I think he will fit great in a rotation at DE. We got a 1st round pick in the 3rd round. He could be a steal in this draft. We do have have a shortage of true 3-4 DE's.

Anyway they decide to use him "In Pioli/Crennel I trust".

I saw this clip on him, and I am not impressed. Maybe it was just a bad game, but every clip I have seen he is getting stood up.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KI0Cvi3mgY&feature=related"]YouTube - Allen Bailey v Pitt[/ame]

Maybe he's to be used as a passing down DE