Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Justin Houston

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    overland park ks
    Posts
    1,825
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Justin Houston


    0 Not allowed!
    Damn what a great pick! I can't believe we got this guy in the third round. He looks like a beast.

  2. #11
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    765
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    last year, this year, if we get another two more good drafts like this we'll become a super power in the league

  3. #12
    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    This draft was wild. I'm glad we addressed all of our pressing needs. We got Houston late, but given his situation I can't help but be reminded of Gholston. I'm hoping we just throw him at OLB and let Crennel teach him the ways. Size wise though, Bailey is more of a tweener than Houston. I'm kind of confused of what are D-line is going to look like. I hope we didn't give up on Jackson already, that was Piolis first pick!

  4. #13
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    302
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    So how many potential starters for this season did we draft?
    Looks like we have 2-3 (Hudson, Baldwin, Bannan) immediate starters and several that are 2-3 years away!! On potential alone, Pioli bested last year's draft!
    Great Googly Moogly

    RyanD82 - Twitter

  5. #14
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,447
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 13

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    Looks like we have 2-3 (Hudson, Baldwin, Bannan) immediate starters and several that are 2-3 years away!! On potential alone, Pioli bested last year's draft!
    i am not ready to go that far yet berry,mcluster,arenas,moeaki,and sheffield all look like verry promising players both were good drafts though.and i will also like to see what they do with asamoah this year

  6. #15
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    765
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I wouldn't say Sheffield is promising yet, he hasn't set foot on the field yet. He may face an uphill battle to make the team. The rookies he's competing with at least played last year, while he was hurt the whole season

  7. #16
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    302
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    i am not ready to go that far yet berry,mcluster,arenas,moeaki,and sheffield all look like verry promising players both were good drafts though.and i will also like to see what they do with asamoah this year

    I'm not factoring in the playing time of the 2010 draft class. Just basing my opinion on the potential at this time last year, I like this year's class a little better. I could easily be wrong once they 2011 class gets some game experience. But we had two potential starters last year I thought (berry and moeaki) and we ended up with three (lewis). I think the same thing can happen with this class, maybe more since we drafted a lot of needs this year as well.
    Great Googly Moogly

    RyanD82 - Twitter

  8. #17
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    794
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Subversion View Post
    This draft was wild. I'm glad we addressed all of our pressing needs. We got Houston late, but given his situation I can't help but be reminded of Gholston. I'm hoping we just throw him at OLB and let Crennel teach him the ways. Size wise though, Bailey is more of a tweener than Houston. I'm kind of confused of what are D-line is going to look like. I hope we didn't give up on Jackson already, that was Piolis first pick!

    I was thinking the same thing we I saw we drafted two DE's but then I did some reasearch. The propect out of Oregon State, Gabe Miller; Pioli said they are looking at him as a developmental OLB not a DE. and Allen Bailey will probably just add depth at DE (A sign that we aren't re-signing Shaun Smith) he has also played DT but is to small for a 3-4 NT. Just think he is adding depth and versatility.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Justin Houston - Chiefs 1st rd OLB prospect
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 10:11 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •