Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Pics! 2011 Draft Day Party @ Arrowhead!

Default New Pics! 2011 Draft Day Party @ Arrowhead!

My bestest Chiefs friend from Wisconsin, Kelly and I attended the Draft Day Party this past Thursday night at Arrowhead. We decided last year when we attended to attend every year if possible. This year the Chiefs broke tradition, and instead of having the party at the Chiefs training facility, they held it inside the new Founders Plaza on Club Level. It was the first time I've seen the interior of Club Level, it's pretty posh & comfy. I can't imagine though, those who watch the game inside, regardless of comfort & convenience. I'd rather sit outside doing my part as a 12thman factor, experiencing the thrill of the game as I believe it should be.

The Team Store had merchandise marked on clearance, which my friend Kelly loves finding Chiefs memorabilia at bargain prices, haha. He decided we should have hoodies commerating the playoff game against the Ravens, that we attended in January, so bought us each a hoodie, and also some commerative game pins marked down. I'm not usually comfortable with others buying me something, more comfortable with giving, but made a playoff game sentimental exception in this case.

Below are photo's taken with my camera and camera's of others I know, who we ran into while at the party. It was a very fun and memorable night...of which I admit I had a few too many beers, but not to the point of complete drunkeness...just a real good fun buzz going, haha. I could tell y'all some of the awkward, but humorous situations I found myself in while at Draft Day with a couple friends, you would laugh with me or at me, haha, but some other place & time I'll share, hahaha.

Hope y'all enjoy the photo's!! There weren't many souviner opportunities, but I did manage to obtain a few souviners again for our Chiefs Crowd family member Aussie.

This is the escalator up to the Club Level:

Club Level:

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I think Kelly challenged himself to have his pic taken with as many cheerleaders as possible, hahaha...he's a GUY, after all, LMAO!!

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

The Chiefs Cheerleaders, in my opinion, of course are the best of the best in the NFL!! They're always so naturally sweet, it doesn't appear forced sweetness as if doing a job, so to speak. These two gals asked to take their pic with me, rather I didn't ask to take my pic with them, haha...they asked me to hold one of their pom pom's for the photo, haha.

Kelly and I were walking around and I heard a guy holler my name, I turned to see it was Chris with a group of fellow Chiefs fans, of whom I'm also FB friends with, of which we ended up spending time with their group for a bit. In this photo are Chris Kluttz, Barry Peraino, Jeremy ?, Superfan Yellow Fro Man (out of costume), Kelly and me. Chris had hollered at me excited to say he finally ran into Len Dawson and had Len autograph his #16 jersey, of which he happened to be wearing, haha. Len was Chris' dad's favorite player growing up, and he had hoped to someday have the opportunity for Len to autograph his jersey...well, it happened! Credit for this photo goes to Al Shoaf:

This is a photo of me with friends Chris and Missy Kluttz:

Me and Barry Peraino. Credit for this photo also to Al Shoaf:

People kept taking pics so we kept posing, hahaha. Al Shoaf is in the background.

This is me and another Chiefs friend I know from Facebook who was with the same group, Robert Joseph, he's a Superfan now, but not sure what his Superfan name is??

As Kelly and I arrived at Founders Plaza to enter, I heard someone say, "Hi Connie"...it was Al Shoaf, another friend I met through Facebook a while back. I introduced Al to Kelly, then Al asked if he could take my photo with former Chief Walter White. Shoot, in the excitement of entering Founders Plaza, I hadn't even noticed Walter
    White among the group of people near the entrance. Credit for this photo goes to Al Shoaf also:

We ran into former Chiefs player the great Kimble Anders:

Al Shoaf happened to be close by running into Kelly and I inside as well, and said he wanted a pic of me with Kimble also, so photo credit for this one goes to Al Shoaf, again:

This photo cracks me up, hahaha. You'd have to know Kelly's sense of humor and Chiefs passion, he was so happy & excited to be at Arrowhead going to Draft Day, hahaha:

We arrived at Arrowhead a couple hours before doors opened. So we sat in Kelly's vehicle talking & drinking a few beers. I noticed a red truck pull in to the parking lot, of which I recognized as a truck often parked at the house behind mine...so assume it's a neighbor. As he walked by us towards Founders Plaza we noticed he was wearing a Chiefs Red Coater jacket! Coincidentally, a couple hours later when inside at the party, Kelly noticed him walking by us and said, "there's the red coater you think is your neighbor"...so I approached asking him if he lived in the neighborhood I do, sure enough he does!! Go figure, that without knowing so, I would instinctively choose a neighborhood dominated by Chiefs fans, including a Red Coater, hahaha. ~big grin~ We had someone take our pic, so this is Kelly, my neighbor and me!

Last edited by Connie Jo; 04-30-2011 at 10:56 PM.

I love this, and I love Lamar Hunt (RIP). Not to bring up a sad note, but it does sadden me when I read this inscription knowing there currently is a lockout, of which the fans are not considered 'First'. I believe Lamar is looking down upon the lockout situation very saddened also.

This is a plaque embedded at Founders Plaza:

Okay, I think that's all she wrote...my photo show & a few Draft Day memory stories have concluded, until next year, that is, haha. :)

Great pics CJ! Thanks for sharing.

Awesome pics Connie!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast