Thread: Steal Of The Draft!!! Jerrell Powe!!

Default Steal Of The Draft!!! Jerrell Powe!!

Thank You Mr. Pioli... It Only Took 3 Years To Do It, But You Finally Addressed The Nt Position!!

Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Thank You Mr. Pioli... It Only Took 3 Years To Do It, But You Finally Addressed The Nt Position!!

Congratulations.
    LOL let's not count our eggs before they hatch.

I am totally happy with this draft. Powe has the potential to end up as a starting NT, or at least be a good rotational guy with Smith and Edwards.

Almost every guy they picked so far seems to both fill a need and be a pretty good value for where they picked them. The exception being Baldwin, I think they reached for him, but he fills such a huge need that I can overlook that. But hearing all the reports that they were trying to trade down until they heard about the Chicago/Ravens trade and were worried they were trying to steal Baldwin.

Overall I would give this draft an B+. Only a B+ because obviously none of these guys have proved anything yet.

I Love This Pick!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I am totally happy with this draft. Powe has the potential to end up as a starting NT, or at least be a good rotational guy with Smith and Edwards.

Almost every guy they picked so far seems to both fill a need and be a pretty good value for where they picked them. The exception being Baldwin, I think they reached for him, but he fills such a huge need that I can overlook that. But hearing all the reports that they were trying to trade down until they heard about the Chicago/Ravens trade and were worried they were trying to steal Baldwin.

Overall I would give this draft an B+. Only a B+ because obviously none of these guys have proved anything yet.

i give this draft a __?, cause noone has proven anything yet. but i gotta tell ya this is the best draFt on paper that i can remeber in a long time, w/the exception of last year.

I could not believe JP was still on board. My two teams both got two late round steals and I love it - Saints with Romeus and KC with Powel!

Powe was a comeplte steal! I think the Jackson County Sherrifs are looking for Pioli and Haley right now to take them in!

Yeah not sure why he dropped, but prior to the draft I had only saw 3rd round grades on him. Heard he had some weight issues, but other than that a true Pioli guy.

3 year starter, Team Captain, Hard Worker, high character (Did have academic problems early on, but heard it was because of Dyslexia)

I hope he does great at NT!

I couldn't believe we got Powe. I was checking the draft tracker in the fourth, and when we didn't take him there, I figured it was a lost cause.

The guy is a lock to rotate in at nose tackle. Personally, I would rather have Powe in the sixth than Cody or Phil Taylor at a much higher price.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    I couldn't believe we got Powe. I was checking the draft tracker in the fourth, and when we didn't take him there, I figured it was a lost cause.

The guy is a lock to rotate in at nose tackle. Personally, I would rather have Powe in the sixth than Cody or Phil Taylor at a much higher price.

Agreed!

I was checking to see where he went to, I thought he had been picked. I stopped watching it, and went back Saturday night to see who we landed and was surprised we grabbed him in the 6th.

I think he fits this team better than Taylor too. I thought it was funny that as much hype as everyone was giving Taylor to land in KC with our 21st pick, that we actually Traded back to let Cleveland take him. Just shows what Pioli really thought about him... He didn't take a chance at 26 with Baldwin, he thought he would look him so he nabbed him.