Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lowest rated draft by yahoo

Default Lowest rated draft by yahoo

Final NFL Draft Grades and Analysis - NFL - Yahoo! Sports
    What do you guys think about yahoo sports giving us the worst draft grade out of all 32 NFL teams?

If it relieves some of the sting from the yahoo grade... NFL.com's Steve Whyche said that we were among teams that cashed in.

he said "the rich get richer" and talked about New Orleans, Green Bay, Indy, and Us.

That's nice to hear! haha

also with the Huston pick, I've been reading up on him, and I guess Pioli thinks that the "Character Concerns" were much more read into than what lies underneath. It actually sounds like he is a good kid. His Highschool coach said when he heard of his failed drug test at the combine he was shocked. He said that Houston was the type of player he used as an example; great kid, hard worker, involved in the community. I think Pioli thinks Houston has learned his lesson (after loosing millions when he dropped out of the 1st round because of his decisions.)

I also look at myself, I'm only 26 and I am a much different person than I was at 18-21. I used to party all the time, now I've started a family, and I would not even consider the lifestyle I used to lead. So I think he can mature in a short amount of time if the good guys in our locker room help influence him in the right ways.

I wouln't put much stock in grading a draft, here's what Peter King said about it this morning:

I have nothing against my peers grading drafts. It's harmless fun. Like mock drafts, grading drafts has become a spring tradition that fills space and, I suppose, generates good talk show fodder. There's a difference in the two, though. When you do a mock draft, you're predicting who each team is going to pick ... presumably based on some knowledge you've gleaned though some people you know in different organizations. But when you grade a draft, at least when I graded drafts in the past, I always felt I wasn't qualified in any way to do so, because I just didn't know the players beyond the top ones well at all.
    I looked back Sunday night to the 2006 draft, and the grades handed out in the days after the draft. I always considered two writers to be the best, and the toughest, at this: our own Paul Zimmerman and Rick Gosselin of the Dallas Morning News. And after the 2006 draft, Dr. Z and Goose gave A grades to Arizona, praising the drafting of Matt Leinart, Deuce Lutui, Gabe Watson and Leonard Pope. It's five years later. Leinart was a disaster, Pope barely passable for three seasons, Watson a part-time starter. The only player sure to be on the Cards now, five seasons later, is starting guard Lutui.
    Gosselin spends three months learning these players and getting the scoop on 300 of them every winter and spring. He's the best. I just don't think it's very easy, or very logical, to grade teams before players have had their first practice with their new teams.

amen to that brother

I can't believe they have the Chiefs rated lower than the Seattle Seahawks. You had Trent on TV ripping the Seahawks, I mean they really reached on the OL from Alabama and they still didn't address their need for QB.

I'm no draft expert, but I think we had a good solid draft. We finally won some games last year so we weren't sitting fat and sassy at the top of the draft.

Yeah...Houston and Baldwin have had some "issues" but I can't say that from my reading either of them seems to be a true "problem child". Rather, they appear to be kids that strayed a bit with college fame and the approach of being a big money draft pick. I think we have enough leaders in the locker room that Houston and Baldwin will keep their nose to the grindstone and eyes on the prize.

If they don't, I suspect they will be shown the door pretty quickly.

All in all, I think we got some solid players and filled a bunch of holes.

I don't see how we could have done much better than we did.

Despite having a much tougher schedule after WINNING the AFC West last year, I think we are going to make the playoffs again and will still be in the hunt for a repeat come December.

GO CHIEFS!!!!

I don't bother reading Yahoo sports. I put them in the same catagory as Whitlock. All they is try to sell copy and don't research facts at all.

here is the bottom line......if you think we had a good draft, then believe it and don't worry about what anyone else prints or says.
    it is human nature to seek out approval of others but don't let that upset you when others disagree

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    Final NFL Draft Grades and Analysis - NFL - Yahoo! Sports
    What do you guys think about yahoo sports giving us the worst draft grade out of all 32 NFL teams?
    What do I think? I think Yahoo sports didn't notice that Cam Newton went #1...

Shadows of Jemarcus Russell.........

I was very pleased with this draft. Justin Houston is going to be a nice compliment to Hali.

Seems they just didn't like our first round pick. But, even though I was not thrilled with it, you can't be too down on the pick, as it was a position of serious need.

Beyond that, they gave us a negative word for only Houston, whom we got with our "two rounds off" coupon, by using a third round pick, to get a player who had been heavily projected to the first round.

I really don't know how they come up with the final grade. Seems like they really must hate Baldwin.

Lowest rated draft, LOL. At least on paper, this is Pioli's best draft since he's been with the Chiefs.

Nobody can rightfully argue about trading down and still getting Baldwin and getting Houston with the extra pick. They correctly manipulated the #21 overall pick into two quality prospects to try and address two areas of need. Tough to beat that for value.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast