Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stanzi? Really?

Default Stanzi? Really?

I was shocked months ago when I saw Chiefs fans raving about this guy. For my money (as a bigger college fan than pro fan) Stanzi is just plain bad. He is the #1 reason why Iowa won 7 games last year when they were slated for 10-12. I do not get why people are excited about this pick Woulda rather traded it for future considerations. As down as I am on Cassel I'd rather him any day than Stanzi.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Stanzi was drafted to be a backup qb. Nothing else. Spending a 5th rd pick on a college kid that has played in a pro system is not a bad pick IMO.

Exactly!!!

Wow...I'm shocked that people are down on the Stanzi pick at all. Stanzi is replacing Croyle and Croyle hasn't done a thing as a member of this organization other than lose games and get hurt. So Stanzi as a replacement for that can't do any worse no matter how hard he tries! Great pick!

Quote Originally Posted by STLChiefs View Post
    I was shocked months ago when I saw Chiefs fans raving about this guy. For my money (as a bigger college fan than pro fan) Stanzi is just plain bad. He is the #1 reason why Iowa won 7 games last year when they were slated for 10-12. I do not get why people are excited about this pick Woulda rather traded it for future considerations. As down as I am on Cassel I'd rather him any day than Stanzi.

At the moment, Stanzi is most likley our 3rd stringer, with Palko possibly replacing Croyle. I wouldn't even think about him replacing Cassel. Me on the other hand, I am ready to move on from the over throwing, two yard short of a first down, dumping of QB called Croyle.

when camp starts palko will be #2, good possibility by september stanzi is #2....either way is an upgrade from croyle.

I think all Chiefs fans should be happy with the Stanzi pick. Honestly, I would be happy with any backup qb that isn't hurt more often than our starter...

How good could be Stanzi in two years? Better than Croyle, for sure.
    I saw a few videos, and he was a team leader in college, threw very accurate passes. I think he can develop, and if he doesn't, a new QB from next year draft should have the same opportunity.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Brodie Croyle is bad...If Stanzi is worse than him, oh well, we lost a 5th round pick trying to find a replacement for a crappy backup QB. Given Stanzi's intangibles, I think he will be a solid asset to the team.

i have seen stanzi beat my Nittany Lions twice in a row.
    he is a good game manager who does not make many mistakes and rarely will cause his team to lose. he does not have a big arm but is more of a chad pennington style QB. he is an accurate short/medium passer with good mobility and good pocket awareness. he would be an ideal backup if he makes the transition to nfl game speed. and that no one knows yet.

I'am just happy that I'am not going to have to hear the Cassel VS Croyle debate any longer!

I think the biggest value in Stanzi is his similarity to Cassel. I hate when your backup has a completely different skill set than your starter. If he has to fill in for a couple of games, there is always a weird adjustment period.

Stanzi doesn't change the game plan if he comes in. It would remain a healthy dose of the run game with short to medium throws and occasionally chucking it long in the hope that Bowe's or Baldwin's big-play athleticism makes up for the lack of deep-ball accuracy from the QB.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast