Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stanzi? Really?

Default Stanzi? Really?

I was shocked months ago when I saw Chiefs fans raving about this guy. For my money (as a bigger college fan than pro fan) Stanzi is just plain bad. He is the #1 reason why Iowa won 7 games last year when they were slated for 10-12. I do not get why people are excited about this pick Woulda rather traded it for future considerations. As down as I am on Cassel I'd rather him any day than Stanzi.

I hammered Cassel before the trade and his first season, and for good reason. But last year he dusted himself off and had a pro bowl season.

The fact that you mentioned in your post that you are down on Cassel shows that you havent been paying attention.

This makes your opinion on Stanzi more than suspect IMO. Let the kid play as a backup before you start screaming about the sky falling. It cant be any worse than what we have had in any recent season.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    I hammered Cassel before the trade and his first season, and for good reason. But last year he dusted himself off and had a pro bowl season.

The fact that you mentioned in your post that you are down on Cassel shows that you havent been paying attention.

This makes your opinion on Stanzi more than suspect IMO. Let the kid play as a backup before you start screaming about the sky falling. It cant be any worse than what we have had in any recent season.
    This, plus it was a 5th round pick for a bowl winning QB not a big reach in my opinon

Quote Originally Posted by STLChiefs View Post
    My fear is more that we a bunch of stock in this guy for a while. I think he'll be a bigger flop than Jamarcus Russell.
    That's not possible.

Russell was picked #1 overall. In order to flop that big, Stanzi will have to reach that level of hype. He will need to have a great season at the NFL level for that now.

remember he is not here to replace cassel, he's here to replace croyle!!

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    remember he is not here to replace cassel, he's here to replace croyle!!
    ^^^^^^This is fact, and I couldn't be happier! This guy can't be any worse than Croyle. Plus now with Zorn as the QB coach, I think he has a great opportunity to learn the NFL system.

As big of a Chiefs fan, I am as big a Hawkeye fan and I could not wait for Stanzi to graduate. This kid flat loses winable games and hands off to running backs that above average behind an above average OL. Someone pull up the game film of the loss to Arizona and tell me he has "it". His senior year he gained some accuracy but his track record from the begining to me is down right scary. I walked into work after the draft and everybody knows who my teams are and my feelings for Stanzi and I flat got ribbed all day long. If this kid sees the field, lets hope he is handing off.

Ask and receive, here is the highlights anyway.

he looked pretty good to me...he made a good thow on a bad read on that int though.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    he looked pretty good to me...he made a good thow on a bad read on that int though.
    Yup. I guess we'll find out soon enough how good/bad he is. Saying he's garbage now is a little premature. If we drafted him with our 1st-3rd pick I could understand the *****ing, but a fifth round pick for a bowl winning qb!!!??? I just don't see.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123