Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bin Laden Dead

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    you don't want him alive, he would become a martyr and it would take years to prosecute him thru our legal system. this is best and the burial at sea is genius.....no monument or temple can be built at his grave, no throngs of radical extremist mourning at his grave site, now he swims w/the fishes....location unknown, and the thought of sharks biting of pieces of him seems somewhat fitting.
    Well said a burial and a gravesite is far to good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    This.

I think all has gone as it should have. The photos will have to be released. But it is a great day for The USA.
    Yeah, I think the standing order, even from back when BUsh was President that he was not to be taken alive. No one would ever admit that except the operatives in the field. There was one on 60 minutes a few years ago that was talking about that though and he said that no one wanted him alive.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

you don't want him alive, he would become a martyr and it would take years to prosecute him thru our legal system. this is best and the burial at sea is genius.....no monument or temple can be built at his grave, no throngs of radical extremist mourning at his grave site, now he swims w/the fishes....location unknown, and the thought of sharks biting of pieces of him seems somewhat fitting.
    They are supposedly going to release photos or video of the burial at sea. He was given a proper burial, body placed in a weighted bag. I kinda like to think some one cut a slit in the bag, and the weights used where shark bait.
    I know I am bad. F that, should have strung his body upside down for all to see. Did Danial Pearl get a proper burial after they cut his head off?
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 05-03-2011 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    They are supposedly going to release photos or video of the burial at sea. He was given a proper burial, body placed in a weighted bag. I kinda like to think some one cut a slit in the bag, and the weights used where shark bait.
    I know I am bad. F that, should have strung his body upside down for all to see. Did Danial Pearl get a proper burial after they cut his head off?
    Isnt the respect for human life what makes us different than him?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Yes it is, and I would have been upset also about something like that happening, but in my defense, I am just venting on a most hated person in my life time. By his hand and influence, thousands of Innocent people have died. By his actions, influence, and decisions, hundred of thousands lives have been changed, in the USA alone. So we may have given a respectful burial, but I am pretty damm sure we did not mean it as respect for him, just for the faith that he claimed be of.

New info released by the White House & President Obama states Bin Laden was unarmed, although I'm fairly certain some with him in his camp were armed of course. I remember reading once that Laden intentionally remained unarmed believing he wouldn't be executed by American Military. Guess he thought our guys wouldn't shoot him unarmed...wrong!!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

My question is this. How does Pakistan not know that he wasn't living in that huge compound 180 yards from their military academy, or whatever they call it.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    he was not human so we need not have any respect for him. we ARE better than him, we do not target innocent civilians because we are to cowardly to take on the military. if he was excecuted, so be it! ask all the sons, daughters. brothers, sisters, mothers, and fathers of the thousands he murdered if they wanted him taken alive so that he could spend ten years in our legal system costing us millions of $ while throngs of his fanatic followers have pilgrimages to have him set free and then martyr him when and if he is excecuted. No a bullet in the head and dump his rotting worthless carcas in the sea seems a much better fate. in fact i.m hopping they dumped some chum in the water where they buried him. i heard some idiot radio talk show host saying we violated his rights, what CRAP, he forfeitted his rights on 9-11. would he feel better if a sniper took him out at 2,000yds or if we dropped a bomb on the complex blowing into dust, cause that was always the plan.

sorry, i got carried away

he was not human so we need not have any respect for him. we ARE better than him, we do not target innocent civilians because we are to cowardly to take on the military. if he was excecuted, so be it! ask all the sons, daughters. brothers, sisters, mothers, and fathers of the thousands he murdered if they wanted him taken alive so that he could spend ten years in our legal system costing us millions of $ while throngs of his fanatic followers have pilgrimages to have him set free and then martyr him when and if he is excecuted. No a bullet in the head and dump his rotting worthless carcas in the sea seems a much better fate. in fact i.m hopping they dumped some chum in the water where they buried him. i heard some idiot radio talk show host saying we violated his rights, what CRAP, he forfeitted his rights on 9-11. would he feel better if a sniper took him out at 2,000yds or if we dropped a bomb on the complex blowing into dust, cause that was always the plan.

sorry, i got carried away
    I totally understand your reaction, but if everyone starts to feel that way about "bad guys" then we will eventually become what we hate. Sure its easy to say this about Bin Laden, but where do you draw the line? Couldn't the same thing be said of a murderer? I agree that justice was served, but personally I would prefer to be a better person. While I dont really care about how he was killed (sniper, bomb etc...) I think that the US did the right thing by respecting the Muslim faith and burying him the way they did. If too many people start to think "an eye for an eye" then we become the same thing that we hate.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I would find it surprising if the SEAL team that went in there did not have a kill order. There is no way Bin Laden would have ever been taken alive, no way. The US did not want the headache of ACLU lawyers and tribunals and all that crap.

An old humorous wanted poster might read.

Wanted:
    Osama Bin Laden
    $5,000 alive
    $25,000,000 Dead

That is the terrible dirty secret. None of us would like to admit that we would want our Government targeting individuals for assassination, but we are more than willing to look the other way when it comes to these animals.

Personally, I find that a little disturbing, as Canada said, where do you draw the line? When does it start to become OK to assassinate American citizens, and when does that start. Would we have been alright with the Police that caught Timothy McVie had shot him in the head?

Something we should all be thinking about.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast